BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

Zac stated that we had never fought back against a team, I then went on to question his statement and he retracted it quickly. Just how he could have believed that stat is beyond me when 'he has never missed a game since 1983' He does often twist things to pad his feeble arguments out.

As do most on here :rock:

I seem to recall Kean coming out with the 2 goal behind stat after the Bpool game, but couldn’t swear on it, maybe Zac was getting mixed up.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whereas you plucked the stat out of memory eh ?

i misheard the stat and apologised. anyway... you cant blame me for forgetting many of the home games under sam can you.. ???

As soon as you wrote it, all I had to do was cast my mind back to last season and think about a few home games, and I listed those ones off. There was also Chelsea where we got a draw.

Well I haven't forgotten them, especially ones where we come from behind to beat teams such as Arsenal and Villa. And who could forget the shocking first half against Portsmouth before we fought back well in the second half to win 3-1

whereas you plucked the stat out of memory eh ?

i misheard the stat and apologised. anyway... you cant blame me for forgetting many of the home games under sam can you.. ???

As soon as you wrote it, all I had to do was cast my mind back to last season and think about a few home games, and I listed those ones off. There was also Chelsea where we got a draw.

Well I haven't forgotten them, especially ones where we come from behind to beat teams such as Arsenal and Villa. And who could forget the shocking first half against Portsmouth before we fought back well in the second half to win 3-1

100% you know that how?

One of your sources?

Yes

There is no way Williams would have left nearly immediately after the takeover. He would certainly have wanted to help any owners out as much as possible. He was cast aside because Venkys decided to listen to bloody wormtongue, instead of a top chairman. There was nothing left for him at Rovers, even Kean flew out to India without consulting him, what does that tell you?

They were always going to listen to Jerome Anderson (rightly or wrongly), he found them to buy the club in the 1st place. John didnt like JA taking over the transfer dealings.....Venkys never did that and forced him to go, he could quite easily have sat it out and basically got paid for doing half the job he originally did.

I agree there was nothing left but he could have done the same and RESOLVED the issues.....same went for Sam, why didnt he fly out to India?? :unsure:

I've got to agree with this, he wasn't sacked. I know he did a fantastic job but if he really had Rovers best interest at heart he would have stuck it out but maybe this would've effected his pay out!

BTW I've always been krap at playing football, never even played for the school, so my opinion might not count with certain posters!

He appeared to be frozen out though, what is the point of having his name potentially dragged through the mud when he had no control over events? He can hold his head up high, I totally get why he got out when he did and respect him for it.

Obviously I'd have him back in a heartbeat in his previous role - one where he could actually do his job.

He appeared to be frozen out though, what is the point of having his name potentially dragged through the mud when he had no control over events? He can hold his head up high, I totally get why he got out when he did and respect him for it.

Obviously I'd have him back in a heartbeat in his previous role - one where he could actually do his job.

Agreed with all of that.

Why would he sit back with absolutely no control over things and let JA walk all over him.

I have to say I tend to agree with both sides. I think Venky's are honest businessmen (family business) which relates to the family club that is Blackburn Rovers hence the takeover being fullfilled. They have been clueless when they have decided to listen to Jerome Anderson and his crew, but I can't blame them for seeking external advices. They were/are trying to expand/develop this club a step further than our former owners. A perfectly normal thing then is listening to external / objective advides for this development in fear of doing the same as always.

For me the Venky's seem to be too honest and struggling with Communcation/P. I thought of the cultural differences when I heard an interwiev on Radio today from London where an Indian was trying to sell souvenirs for the british wedding taking place now and he was really struggling and he admitted that the prize was probably too high. A Scandinavian businessman would never admit something like that.

On the matter that is Steve Kean and the fact that he has been giving the backing from Venky's for the last games I think it might be a clever move to make sure that there is total commitment and stabilization for these last games. Getting in another manager would maybe turn the results around, but it could also make it worse.

Yes

They were always going to listen to Jerome Anderson (rightly or wrongly), he found them to buy the club in the 1st place. John didnt like JA taking over the transfer dealings.....Venkys never did that and forced him to go, he could quite easily have sat it out and basically got paid for doing half the job he originally did.

I agree there was nothing left but he could have done the same and RESOLVED the issues.....same went for Sam, why didnt he fly out to India?? :unsure:

Why should he fly out to India? Whats wrong with skype or video conferencing. Plus if i remeber righlty they were in England for the Wolves game, so there was an opportunity to see Sam, without him trailing over to the other side of the world for a chat. I would also bet that he never got an invite if the truths told. Anderson would have had his feet firmly under the table by then and he would have wanted JW and SA out of the picture before he carried on lining his pockets.

Yes

I'm not disputing the fact that JWs role was diminished or that he was unhappy with the new way of doing things and got out.

My point is, if Venky's had acted rationally and kept an experienced and highly accomplished man like JW onside, he would have been happy to stay on for a few months to aid the transition- everybody (except JA, of course) would have been a winner.

Why should he fly out to India? Whats wrong with skype or video conferencing.

I think its been well documented on here and elsewhere that the Roas like to do business face to face, so skype or video conferencing are not on the agenda, nothing wrong with that for me.

I obviously don't agree with Williams leaving the club, he should have been kept at all costs, but the writing was on the wall as soon as the takeover was announced for me, that’s the nature of business.

I'm not disputing the fact that JWs role was diminished or that he was unhappy with the new way of doing things and got out.

My point is, if Venky's had acted rationally and kept an experienced and highly accomplished man like JW onside, he would have been happy to stay on for a few months to aid the transition- everybody (except JA, of course) would have been a winner.

i agree with you... but how is it embarrassing ??

Getting shut?? Didnt he walk because he didnt like the change and instead took a tidy pay off??

Sorry but that one was always going to happen, WHENEVER & WHOEVER we got sold to!

Rubbish. He was put in a position that he had no option but to leave.

Every decision was made without his consultation and against the better judgement of the remaining senior club officials. If you were the manager and someone else made the decisions on who to play or sign then you would walk and it is no different for JW. He did not want to be undermined and be painted in the picture with Venky's when he had no influence or power within the club.

Smart investors would use the clubs assets to its advantage. Venky's just pulled apart the management structure and took the advice of a agent. Someone who only persues their own interests.

I obviously don't agree with Williams leaving the club, he should have been kept at all costs, but the writing was on the wall as soon as the takeover was announced for me, that’s the nature of business.

It's the nature of the business to force out a long standing chairman who had done a terrific job at this club? Venkys have and are being advised by a man who is out to make a few quid for himself. None of this last 5 months has been for the good for the club.

If you took over a business now and knew nothing about it, would you ignore the chairman of the business? The writing was on the wall for both Sam and JW long before the United game, and long before JW actually left IMO. Anderson has got a stranglehold on our club and Venkys are happy to listen to his every word.

I think its been well documented on here and elsewhere that the Roas like to do business face to face, so skype or video conferencing are not on the agenda, nothing wrong with that for me.

They are supposedly a multi national, multi platform business group! It's 2011.

Our team manager is supposed to be runnning a PL outfit. It is madness to expect him to fly to Dubai, then Mumbai, then a three hour drive to Pune (and back) just for a couple of hours meeting whenever they fancy a chinwag.

They are supposedly a multi national, multi platform business group! It's 2011.

Our team manager is supposed to be runnning a PL outfit. It is madness to expect him to fly to Dubai, then Mumbai, then a three hour drive to Pune (and back) just for a couple of hours meeting whenever they fancy a chinwag.

so.. discounting his perceived bias. kean shouldnt meet them face to face or build up any raport ?

he 1st met them so he could enlighten the players and calm their fears (nelsen dunn samba and a few others were mouthing off in the media).

it was a success. the players signed new contracts.

he's (kean) the one flying out there... if it took too much out of him he wouldnt do it would he ?

again discounting his perceived bias.

so.. discounting his perceived bias. kean shouldnt meet them face to face or build up any raport ?

he's the one flying out there... if it took too much out of him he wouldnt do it would he ?

Eh? who's perceived bias?

He does what his bosses tell him to do. It is Venky's that need to get a grip.

i agree with you... but how is it embarrassing ??

Being taken in by a smooth talking football agent who has no interest in our club whatsoever but is only interested in making money.

Being ignorant enough not to listen to the chairman of the club who pleaded with them not to sack Allardyce.

Being thick enough not to see that since the great Steve Kean took over we have plummeted down the league, and to believe that he is still the right man for the job because wormtongue keeps whispering sweet nothings.

It's all quite embarassing when these people are apparently astute business people.

It's the nature of the business to force out a long standing chairman who had done a terrific job at this club?

If you buy a business you want your own people in, simple as that Jimmy.

Friend of mine has been involved in a 60m pound buyout recently, heads have rolled in the company being bought and their own people have been brought in, even though the business turns over 45m profit a year, its business, makes perfect sense if you’re in that world I guess.

But they do meet over Cisco TelePresence Boardroom instead of flying to the states every month.

If you buy a business you want your own people in, simple as that Jimmy.

Friend of mine has been involved in a 60m pound buyout recently, heads have rolled in the company being bought and their own people have been brought in, even though the business turns over 45m profit a year, its business, makes perfect sense if you’re in that world I guess.

But they do meet over Cisco TelePresence Boardroom instead of flying to the states every month.

Sorry so which of their own people have been brought in exactly Gav. Some forktongued agent and his puppet? We don't even have a chairman, and my guess is that JA has convinced them we don't need one.

he 1st met them so he could enlighten the players and calm their fears (nelsen dunn samba and a few others were mouthing off in the media).

it was a success. the players signed new contracts.

he's (kean) the one flying out there... if it took too much out of him he wouldnt do it would he ?

When was the last time Mancini flew over to Dubai for a cosy chat?

The players signed new multi-million pound contracts, without a relegation clause in them. Any player would sign a new contract, knowing how easy it is to get out of them now.

He wouldn't do it? Of course he would, he's had a pay rise of god knows how much and I would wager that JA is telling him to get over to India whenever he can to feed these prats more bullshit.

You appear to be looking at this as if it's all for the benefit of BRFC. And it blatantly isn't.

Archived