BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

Eh? who's perceived bias?

He does what his bosses tell him to do. It is Venky's that need to get a grip.

1st meeting was a success. players mustve been encouraged by what kean reported back.

the perceived bias i referred to was some will perceive kean only goes to india to enhance his own position.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time Mancini flew over to Dubai for a cosy chat?

there's a huge difference between rovers set-up and man city's

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak... who then advises on behalf of the owner.

kean doesnt have that person of support and authority at rovers.

Sorry so which of their own people have been brought in exactly Gav. Some forktongued agent and his puppet? We don't even have a chairman, and my guess is that JA has convinced them we don't need one.

First chap to leave was the company’s financial controller, not been replaced as yet, then the CEO, not been replaced, and then director of overseas sales or some title similar to that.

All being run from the states currently, with plans to fill the uk positions going forward.

there's a huge difference between rovers set-up and man city's

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak... who then advises on behalf of the owner.

kean doesnt have that person of support and authority at rovers.

Here's an idea, get someone then.

Big success? Players get fat contracts with no relegation clauses, looking very shrewd at the moment...

We may end up being VERY grateful, to Sam, again for the points that he managed to accumulate during those 21 games.

Wasn't it 21 points in 17 games?

Which says it all really. Both Kean and Sam have had the Rovers for 17 matches this season. Sam accumulates 21 points and Kean 14. I wonder who is the better manager? Has anyone in Pune even realized their mistake? :wacko:

Wasn't it 21 points in 17 games?

Which says it all really. Both Kean and Sam have had the Rovers for 17 matches this season. Sam accumulates 21 points and Kean 14.

im shocked by the figures... the genius big sam and steve kean's figures arent massively different. :!: and thats not considering some of the dodgy refereeing decisions...

surprises me.

im shocked by the figures... the genius big sam and steve kean's figures arent massively different. :!: and thats not considering some of the dodgy refereeing decisions...

surprises me.

Of course its massively different, Kean's points tally extended over a season would see us relegated and probably adrift in 20th place. Sam's mid table.

I need to stop feeding the troll.

Of course its massively different, Kean's points tally extended over a season would see us relegated and probably adrift in 20th place. Sam's mid table.

I need to stop feeding the troll.

7 pts. massive ??? :blink::rock:

in context of this season.. maybe.. but as a figure. 2 wins and a draw is all it is.

7 pts. massive ??? :blink::rock:

in context of this season.. maybe.. but as a figure. 2 wins and a draw is all it is.

You blatantly have no idea about football if you think 7 points isn't much. It's huge whatever end of the table you are at in any season.

You blatantly have no idea about football if you think 7 points isn't much. It's huge whatever end of the table you are at in any season.

That's 7 points difference in less than half a season. over a full season you are looking at around a 14/15/16 point differnce- is that massive zac?

Indeed LeChuck, I've had my fill, someone else can take it up with him, if they can be arsed.

Yes, its massive. Kean's record would have seen us finish on under 35 points, Sam's would have seen us on a points tally that would have had us 8th/9th/10th in the league.

9th as it stands... but my point is "sam's a genius but only has 7pts more than a really poor boss"

draw and 2 wins isnt a massive difference... 4 5 6v wins are a big difference not 2 wins and a draw.

2 wins and a draw more = genius... ???

9th as it stands... but my point is "sam's a genius but only has 7pts more than a really poor boss"

draw and 2 wins isnt a massive difference... 4 5 6v wins are a big difference not 2 wins and a draw.

Yes, it is a big difference over just SEVENTEEN games!

ps for the last time, it was always the people slagging off the bloke that called him a'genius'.

i answered that bit.

as a figure it isnt massively different.

It is. It really is. It's the difference between a relegation scrap and mid-table. It's the difference between mid-table and challenging for European places. It's the difference between challenging for European places and challenging for Champions League places. It's the difference between Champions League places and title-chasing.

As Matty has pointed out, we're not even talking about a full season with this either, over a full season it's massively worse!

thats alot in this league, its a crazy season, I think we would have been 9th maybe better after Sam got a few new players in the window

thats alot in this league, its a crazy season, I think we would have been 9th maybe better after Sam got a few new players in the window

chris you seem a sensible guy.. with no agenda. :D

yeah ive said in the context of this season it would have us 9th... IM NOT ARGUING THAT POINT.

but the difference between a genius manager and a poor one ??? 2 WINS AND A DRAW!

so if steve kean gets us 2 wins and a draw before the end of the season, or better....

he's a genius ??? :wacko:

cos out of the 21 sam might've lost 4. who knows.

If those figures were over a full season, Steve Kean would have had us around 16/17/18 points worse off. The difference between top 8 or 9 and rock bottom of the table.

You either don't know the first thing about football (could be the case) or you are just being a troll (most likely the case).

sam's not a genius, neither would Kean be. So knock that on the head.

It is all a bit of a nonsense to look at the records of the two managers - the few supporters that Kean still has would point to the injury to Jones (a key figure) and a certain amount of bad luck and refereeing decisions. Supporters of Allardyce would no doubt point to the points already in the bank - and how Sam could have spent the transfer kitty more wisely in January - and of course his experience. In eitehr case I don't think we should forget that it was only an exceptional end to last season that stopped us being dragged into the relegation battle last season - even though the points totals of the relegated teams was a lot lower !

Personally - I feel they had to get rid of Sam to take Rovers forward commercially - and I would agree with that. They made two mistakes :-

1. Timing

2. Appointing a rookie manager without an experienced number two (or just appointing Kean - depending on your point of view).

I felt certain they had a big name lined up - the first of a number of disappointments from our new owners.

chris you seem a sensible guy.. with no agenda. :D

yeah ive said in the context of this season it would have us 9th... IM NOT ARGUING THAT POINT.

but the difference between a genius manager and a poor one ??? 2 WINS AND A DRAW!

so if steve kean gets us 2 wins and a draw before the end of the season, or better....

he's a genius ??? :wacko:

cos out of the 21 sam might've lost 4. who knows.

You're annoying

Archived