BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

man where is that ignore button!

Think you hit the nail on the head there Mattyblue. They got rid of him due to his image, wonder what they think of the image of a championship club

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes - but with the promise of attractive attacking football - and most likely a smaller wage for the manager.

There's no question that a guy like Kean, first job, his connections with Venky's 'advisors' would be much easier to deal with than Allardyce.

But, lets cut the BS about him being appointed because of style, what evidence was there to suggest Kean could provide 'attractive football'?- if that really mattered they would have moved heaven and earth to get a top man in.

I didn't say Kean had a record of attacking football - but that was the line that SEM sold.

Anyway - back to more serious matters - the BBC predictor.

Amazing - with reasonable results I could see us staying up with a draw against Bolton and Wolves. Be a very uncomfortable four matches though.

Amazing - with reasonable results I could see us staying up with a draw against Bolton and Wolves. Be a very uncomfortable four matches though.

I got the same (or very simular), never mind last four matches though, can you image the last game. Makes me shudder

• Backroom

I didn't say Kean had a record of attacking football - but that was the line that SEM sold.

Anyway - back to more serious matters - the BBC predictor.

Indeed, the most important thing is not losing to West Ham and Wolves. We really have to at the very least scrape a draw out of those matches.

Wow just read the last few pages wondered what thread I was reading!

Speaking to a Wolves season ticket holder he says they are down already, will get nothing from Blues or West Brom feels their best chance is against us!!

BBC Predictor with us drawing against Bolton and against Wolves at the end of the season. I've got us staying up on goal difference with just 2 more points so in my opinion a win on Saturday and we're safe. Feels good to say those words...

17 Rovers 37 points -19 gd

18 Wolves 37 points -24

19 Wigan 34 points

20 Blackpool 34 points

BBC Predictor with us drawing against Bolton and against Wolves at the end of the season. I've got us staying up on goal difference with just 2 more points so in my opinion a win on Saturday and we're safe. Feels good to say those words...

hope youre right. surely now is the time to end our west ham curse too! ?

Not according to Andy Cryer Hughesy.

Fair enough, officially John left the club of his own accord but there was no way he would have gone had he felt he still had a role to play. Today's LT.

Plus, when Venky's took over, one or two of us said to watch JW's situation at the club, because that would give us a real indication of how he saw the clubs future under the new owners. It was obvious why Williams went when he did.

It's strange ya know. All the people who see nothing wrong with the way the new owners [who haven't a clue about how to run a football club] have gone about their business, - sacking Sam was a good move because the entertainment was crap, Williams was left with no responsibilities and new owners always want their own men in anyway - so no great loss, Jerome Anderson simply giving us a helping hand by suggesting a signing or two - including a coach as first team manager.

They must be absolutely baffled as to how we're on the brink of relegation. How on earth did that happen?

What said it all was the 'toe the line' quote allegedly from Mrs D about JW. That is NO way to treat a well respected Chairman. He's hardly going to tug his collar at her and who can blame him? Absolutely disgraceful way to treat the man.

<br /><br />

What said it all was the 'toe the line' quote allegedly from Mrs D about JW. That is NO way to treat a well respected Chairman. He's hardly going to tug his collar at her and who can blame him? Absolutely disgraceful way to treat the man.<br />

It wasn't allegedly, it was live on Radio Lancashire - the actual words were "stay in line" - I transcribed the whole interview on here the following day.

After that JW was bound to leave, whatever some blinkered individuals may think.

I was hoping that Bolton would get a draw or even a narrow defeat.

Now that they have been stuffed Coyle will want a reaction from his players against us. I also think he saved Sturridge for our game as well.

I feel sick just thinking about Saturday now.

Of course its massively different, Kean's points tally extended over a season would see us relegated and probably adrift in 20th place. Sam's mid table.

I need to stop feeding the troll.

I have him on ignore-----its great! Join me!

You blatantly have no idea about football if you think 7 points isn't much. It's huge whatever end of the table you are at in any season.

I get your point LeChuck, but do you remember our promotion push in 91/92 - 7 points was nothing, we almost blew our chance having led the league at Christmas, 7 points was nothing and we just managed to scrape into 6th place....

im shocked by the figures... the genius big sam and steve kean's figures arent massively different. :!: and thats not considering some of the dodgy refereeing decisions...

surprises me.

It's the difference between staying in the Premier League and being relegated. It may not seem much to you but to me that's a huge difference. Still, I suppose our owners are too busy watching the cricket to notice that the club they've bought is slowly sinking into the Championship with their puppet at the helm. The whitewash piece they did on Granada last week seemed to indicate that they were oblivious to consequences of their decision to sack Allardyce and replace him with the puppet.

The big difference this season has been that in previous years, we have generally enjoyed a post-christmas run of improving form, which has seen us comfortably clear of relegation worries and even on the brink of pseudo European qualification a time or two. You know, the kind of run that clubs like Fulham and Stoke have put together. This year our form has been rock bottom and it is only the ineptitude of other clubs below us that has maintained us above the bottom three. It's all very well bleating about poor refereeing and blinkered management, but the reality is we are not in good shape on or off the field. We can't score, we can't defend for 90 mins and we can't adapt our tactics enough to find a solution. Sounds like a recipe for another sarcastic utterance from RFW, come the 14th May, along the lines of, "Och, I didnae realise that oor winning here would relegate Blackburn..." - GroundHog Day 2011...

man where is that ignore button!

Think you hit the nail on the head there Mattyblue. They got rid of him due to his image, wonder what they think of the image of a championship club

I'm tempted to wonder what on earth anyone with a pony tail would know about image? :rolleyes:

Archived