BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is well documented that the owners are looking to appoint a new chairman. :rolleyes:

I bet they don't. Or if they do I bet whoever it is will have terrific connections with SEM/Kentaro. Get it in your head Zac, Jerome Anderson is pulling the strings and will continue to do so. Venkys know nothing!

It is all a bit of a nonsense to look at the records of the two managers - the few supporters that Kean still has would point to the injury to Jones (a key figure) and a certain amount of bad luck and refereeing decisions. Supporters of Allardyce would no doubt point to the points already in the bank - and how Sam could have spent the transfer kitty more wisely in January - and of course his experience. In eitehr case I don't think we should forget that it was only an exceptional end to last season that stopped us being dragged into the relegation battle last season - even though the points totals of the relegated teams was a lot lower !

Personally - I feel they had to get rid of Sam to take Rovers forward commercially - and I would agree with that. They made two mistakes :-

1. Timing

2. Appointing a rookie manager without an experienced number two (or just appointing Kean - depending on your point of view).

I felt certain they had a big name lined up - the first of a number of disappointments from our new owners.

They had to get rid of Sam to take Rovers forward commercially :lol: :lol: :lol: What does that even mean?! People like you are coming up with increasingly bizzare reasons to justify themselves.

Who should they realistically have appointed? Which big names do you think would've been falling over themselves to manage Rovers once Sam left?

The best commercial decision was to keep a manager who would have us getting the very most out of our resources. A manager who would not only keep us in the Premier League but who with a bit of extra cash could easily have had us challenging for a European spot - especially given his track record. Rovers will never do well commercially unless we start playing in the Champions' League.

In eitehr case I don't think we should forget that it was only an exceptional end to last season that stopped us being dragged into the relegation battle last season - even though the points totals of the relegated teams was a lot lower !

That's a) bullshit and b ) irrelevant. We did end last season well, but even at the start of February (14 games before the end of the season), we were 10th and 8 points clear from the drop zone. So yes we ended the season well, but even before the end of the season we wouldve needed to have done very badly to have been dragged into a relegation fight. Secondly it's irrelevant because even if we had been in such a position, it's form over a whole season that counts.

So not only are you fashioning bizzare reasons out of nowhere, you're also plain making things up in an effort to justify your frankly idiotic position.

Stop banging on about Sam, JW, Venkys, JA, PA and just get on with supporting your team.

We are in a relegation scrap, now get on the same side and scrap together and lets get out of trouble, starting saturday!!

As I said on some other thread, it's an internet message board- like the pub, if you want to moan and disect the shambles of a season that we have had- this is the place to do it.

Otherwise we may as well just have one 'Rovers V Bolton thread' with everyone posting good luck messages and 'Rovers Rovers ra ra ra'.

But at Ewood Park, yes you are 100% right, get behind the team with everything you have.

Stop banging on about Sam, JW, Venkys, JA, PA and just get on with supporting your team.

We are in a relegation scrap, now get on the same side and scrap together and lets get out of trouble, starting saturday!!

How? Sorry but I really am struggling with that, best I can offer is grudging applause for good play with clenched teeth. Judging by the eerie and almost silent atmosophere which accompanied the crowd leaving the stadium I'm not alone either. Unfortunately supporting the team also means supporting an inept, corrupt and foolish regime. I think you'll know which box to place the individuals in.

They had to get rid of Sam to take Rovers forward commercially :lol: :lol: :lol: What does that even mean?! People like you are coming up with increasingly bizzare reasons to justify themselves.

Who should they realistically have appointed? Which big names do you think would've been falling over themselves to manage Rovers once Sam left?

The best commercial decision was to keep a manager who would have us getting the very most out of our resources. A manager who would not only keep us in the Premier League but who with a bit of extra cash could easily have had us challenging for a European spot - especially given his track record. Rovers will never do well commercially unless we start playing in the Champions' League.

That's a) bullshit and b ) irrelevant. We did end last season well, but even at the start of February (14 games before the end of the season), we were 10th and 8 points clear from the drop zone. So yes we ended the season well, but even before the end of the season we wouldve needed to have done very badly to have been dragged into a relegation fight. Secondly it's irrelevant because even if we had been in such a position, it's form over a whole season that counts.

So not only are you fashioning bizzare reasons out of nowhere, you're also plain making things up in an effort to justify your frankly idiotic position.

"People like you" ? As you don't actually know me - I will just take this with an extremely large pinch of salt.

Mid-last season people were calling for Sam to be sacked. Even when we did well towards the end of last season people were talking about not renewing their ST's because of the style of football. If you can't see why Sam's brand of football would have a negative impact on selling the club to the Indian Sub-Continent, potential sponsors or increasing our coverage in general - well we will just have to agree to differ.

Given a little extra cash he could have us higher up the league ? - well given his record at Bolton - possibly - given his record at Newcastle - no. So no guarantee's either way.

As for your comment of form over the whole season - I trust you will be waiting until after the Wolves match before laying into Kean etc ?

For some reason you don't seem to want a balanced argument. Personally I am grateful to Sam for what he did at Rovers, didn't believe he was treated correctly by Venky's - but I can see the rationale - couldn't really care whether you agree or not.

Personally I am grateful to Sam for what he did at Rovers, didn't believe he was treated correctly by Venky's - but I can see the rationale - couldn't really care whether you agree or not.

The rationale being to bring in someone who would go along with Jerome Anderson's view of how the future for rovers would be?

Or do you believe that Sam was sacked because of his style of play - remembering that Mrs Desai would know absolutely nothing about Sam Allardyce?

I know, here we go again. :glare:

Mid-last season people were calling for Sam to be sacked. Even when we did well towards the end of last season people were talking about not renewing their ST's because of the style of football. If you can't see why Sam's brand of football would have a negative impact on selling the club to the Indian Sub-Continent, potential sponsors or increasing our coverage in general - well we will just have to agree to differ.

correct DMTP.

the big sam style was also universally panned by the english media... on a regular basis. im sure this would also have had an inpact on the decision to sack him.

its obvious that the owners didnt forsee a relegation battle, (but im sure they only acted based on the advice given by the people they trusted) and expected kean to be able to steer us towards a top 10 finish.. and play more attractive football along the way.

not turned out that way... :unsure:

Getting shut?? Didnt he walk because he didnt like the change and instead took a tidy pay off??

Sorry but that one was always going to happen, WHENEVER & WHOEVER we got sold to!

You don't half spout some deluded rubbish at time Hughesy. You are 100% wrong if you think JW would have gone this season or next of his own volition.

Anyway, we need to be ready for the fact that at least one of the clubs below us will pull at least one completely unexpected win against the most unlikely opposition and transform the relegation picture.

It always happens every season and there is no reason why it won't happen again this season.

You don't half spout some deluded rubbish at time Hughesy. You are 100% wrong if you think JW would have gone this season or next of his own volition.

Listen who harps.....same guy that said he had seen the £100m in Mr Syed's holding account for Rovers :rolleyes: ....why did he just borrow £2m to simply pay wages at his new owned club?? :wacko:

Seriously lay it on a plate why I am....If your as well connected as you always like to claim you are then you will know that you are 100% WRONG.

Put it this way - Had their been a market on 'will John Williams leave Rovers "this season or next of his own volition" - I would have put everything I own on it! 100%!

How? Sorry but I really am struggling with that, best I can offer is grudging applause for good play with clenched teeth. Judging by the eerie and almost silent atmosophere which accompanied the crowd leaving the stadium I'm not alone either. Unfortunately supporting the team also means supporting an inept, corrupt and foolish regime. I think you'll know which box to place the individuals in.

Dear me Gordon, Why, because we're owned by "injuns?"

And would you care to expand on why they're in your words "corrupt?" :unsure: I'm sure you'd have been delighted to applaud good play under the previous regime, I'm not sure I can see the difference.

I also think the vast majority of the crowd would have been bouncing off the walls had we won the game on Monday night frankly - the silent eerie atmosphere was because we'd lost and everyone is worried about our position in the table.

Got news for you philip - he aready has. As is his absolute right if he wasn't 100% happy with his revised role.

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest otherwise.

In fact his treatment was so disgraceful, his son Simon also walked out in protest at the way his father was treated. Oh wait, he's still at the club - strange one that isn't it?.

Listen who harps.....same guy that said he had seen the £100m in Mr Syed's holding account for Rovers :rolleyes: ....why did he just borrow £2m to simply pay wages at his new owned club?? :wacko:

:lol::lol:

"People like you" ? As you don't actually know me - I will just take this with an extremely large pinch of salt.

For some reason you're insistent on denigrating our achievements as a club last season, which is a shame since you profess to be a fan.

People calling for Sam to be sacked at the middle of last season says a hell of a lot more about those people than it does about how we were doing. At no point last season were we in the relegation zone. We had a poor run of form around December/January time which led to us being 3 points away from the relegation zone at one point, but from late January onwards we were 8 points clear of the drop zone and never got anywhere near it again.

That's very different to "only an exceptional end to the season stopped us from being dragged into the relegation dogfight last season". Plenty of teams at some point in the season get within three points of the drop zone.

"Selling our club to the Indian subcontinent" - if you think that's a serious sustainable plan then you're just as deluded as the Rao brothers. The only thing that would make a significant dent in our subcontinent exposure is success on the pitch.

West Brom play some attractive stuff. Do you think if they got taken over by Indians we'd see people with West Brom shirts in New Delhi? Take a step back and just think how silly that sounds. Blackpool have played some nice football under Holloway. Do you think that'll lead to a higher deal with wonga.com, or do you think that a higher league placing and Premier League survival would lead to that?

Given a little extra cash he could have us higher up the league ? - well given his record at Bolton - possibly - given his record at Newcastle - no. So no guarantee's either way.

Hmm..what to judge? His record of Bolton where he managed in the Premier League for six years? Or his record at Newcastle where he managed for six months?

At Newcastle, the season before he came they finished 5 points away from the drop zone and finished 14th. When he was sacked harshly, they were 8 points away from the drop zone and were in 11th place. Sam had improved them - and clearly had a long term plan - but was sacked at the whim of the idiotic Newcastle fans and they were unsurprisingly relegated the next season.

As for your comment of form over the whole season - I trust you will be waiting until after the Wolves match before laying into Kean etc ?

Allardyce had poor form in December, but his past record indicated he could turn it round, which he did. Kean on the other hand WILL either get us relegated, or get us very close to getting relegated.

Are you deliberately asking a stupid question or do you not understand the fundamental difference?

For some reason you don't seem to want a balanced argument. Personally I am grateful to Sam for what he did at Rovers, didn't believe he was treated correctly by Venky's - but I can see the rationale - couldn't really care whether you agree or not.

"A balanced argument" where you ask me why I'm not waiting until after the Wolves game to judge Steve Kean :lol:

Didn't you believe him and weren't you cheerleading the whole Syed circus on here? :lol:

Thats a bold statement, care to elaborate?

Didn't you believe him and weren't you cheerleading the whole Syed circus on here? :lol:

TGM - Wrong again....Happy to see someone looking to pump £100m+ in and have more for future plans if true...im sure most people would be - however he turned out a fake who couldnt prove his wealth....his books going from a couple of million to billions in just 12 months. :glare:

TGM - Wrong again....Happy to see someone looking to pump £100m+ in and have more for future plans if true...im sure most people would be - however he turned out a fake who couldnt prove his wealth....his books going from a couple of million to billions in just 12 months.

No they havent.

They had a landlord who 'claimed' he was owed money...what Evidence is that?? I say you owe me £5k for that house you rented off me....is that evidence to support my point?

A CCJ - which is now satisfied (fair enough they score a point here - but Syed proved his worth their by clearing it straight away)

And the town he lived in they guessed based on where they owned land!!

Like its been said for weeks - if thats the best dirt they can dig up on a billionaire them im happy enough with that!

So we have a Journo, a Uni lecturer and a landlord - who sould we believe - these 3 or Syed, the Trust & Rothchilds? My money goes one the second group!!

I CANNOT believe the mass hysteria over some so called unpaid rent (NO proof it was him, nothing to back up that the landlord is genuine either)!

MASSIVE SHOCKING NEWS!!!! Yeah ok Goldberg! :rolleyes: Dont worry im sure if this is the best the BBC can find then we are in very good hands

Im sure it wont be long before they come out fighting....Come on Syed!!
Syed all the way please....no little bids that have no substance to their bids or any proof of finances to back it up. Syed has the funds & clearly is very interested!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know we havent won at Upton Park since 1994, but it's a totally useless statistic if you go back any more than three years or so since players, managers etc will all have been mostly different except for the odd face.

Yes it's a curiosity we havent won in that long, but it doesnt make it any less likely we'll win there if our last win there was in 2006 or 1994. All that matters is the two teams on the day.

Ominous lessons from history for sides in Premier League relegation battle

Daily Telegraph prediction

15th: Birmingham P38 GD -18 Pts-44

16th: West Ham P38 GD -24 Pts-39

17th: Wigan P38 GD -25 Pts-38

18th: Blackburn P38 GD -17 Pts-37

19th: Blackpool P38 GD -28 Pts-37

20th: Wolves P38 GD -24 Pts-36

You can drive yourself crazy going through different permutations. All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

We will need a win to stay up, and our best chance of that is Saturday. Let's just focus on that.

For some reason you're insistent on denigrating our achievements as a club last season, which is a shame since you profess to be a fan.

People calling for Sam to be sacked at the middle of last season says a hell of a lot more about those people than it does about how we were doing. At no point last season were we in the relegation zone. We had a poor run of form around December/January time which led to us being 3 points away from the relegation zone at one point, but from late January onwards we were 8 points clear of the drop zone and never got anywhere near it again.

"Selling our club to the Indian subcontinent" - if you think that's a serious sustainable plan then you're just as deluded as the Rao brothers. The only thing that would make a significant dent in our subcontinent exposure is success on the pitch.

Allardyce had poor form in December, but his past record indicated he could turn it round, which he did. Kean on the other hand WILL either get us relegated, or get us very close to getting relegated.

Are you deliberately asking a stupid question or do you not understand the fundamental difference?

"A balanced argument" where you ask me why I'm not waiting until after the Wolves game to judge Steve Kean :lol:

Firstly at no point do I feel I put down our achievements as a club last season - however (as a fan for over 30 years) I feel I have the right to say that it was some of the worst football I have seen at Ewood. There is a common theme with Allardyce - fans appreciate his approach may prove relatively successful (especially for smaller clubs) - but ask any Bolton, Blackpool or Newcastle fan if they enjoyed the football. We were, for a club of our size, moderately successful last season - and yet many talked of not renewing their ST's - do you ever wonder why ? Do you think sponsors would have come flocking to Rovers if we continued on a similar vein ?

I am a little suprised that you deride our chances of selling Rovers in India - as you profess to be a fan I would have thought that you would have been proud of our club and its proud heritage. However you then go on to say if we were successful we could make a dent in India - which is it - the Rao's are deluded for thinking they can sell Rovers as a brand in India or not ?

You have your point of view - I have mine - but I must point out that I always said that they were wrong to sack Sam when (and how) they did. Appointing Kean was most likely a mistake - though as an ever optimistic fan I cling to the hope we stay up, he learns from his mistakes and becomes the next Ferguson (though I still cling to the hope that my lottery will come up one day :lol: ). But even you must see that we have been punching above our weight for a long time - we would have eventually slid into the championship. Unfortunately it would appear that our new owners may take us their quicker than if we had been under the trust - but we needed a new approach, especially to increase the clubs revenue. You seem to think the India angle misplaced - given the heritage in Blackburn - it seemed a reasonable approach (don't forget it wasn't only the Venky's who believed that this was an untapped market).

I'll leave our little debate at that - hopefully come Saturday 5 o'clock we will both have smiles on our faces - and look forward to a healthier future for the club we both support.

Archived