BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

Funny how whenever we do win under Kean, there's always a catch.

Liverpool didn't give a toss.

WBA were down and out.

Bolton didn't show up.

etc.

...yet conveniently ignore games like Man. City, Spurs, & Fulham, were we played well but just didn't get the rub.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oliver Holt being nice as ever, saying we won't pick up another point this season.

He might not be wrong. One win in three months means we need to make each three of the remaining fixtures into "cup finals".

WBA were down and out.

Bolton didn't show up.

etc.

...yet conveniently ignore games like Man. City, Spurs, & Fulham, were we played well but just didn't get the rub.

Is it really "funny"? Or just indicative of how crappy our "manager" really is?

WBA were down and out.

Bolton didn't show up.

etc.

Or we have won a handful of games in half a season under the bloke...

Oliver Holt being nice as ever, saying we won't pick up another point this season.

He's an idiot.

I expect us to collect 7 out of 9 from our remaining three fixtures. We'll beat WHam, Wolves and draw to ManU. :brfcsmilie:

didn't think it was a 'strawman' argument as we are discussing his wins, but ok.

He had a spell from just before new year into late January when we played some good stuff, confidence was high and we came across some struggling sides- but yes we beat them.

We then went on our worst run of form for twenty five years over 3 months- I have no issue with the wins- 3 points are 3 points, there just aint been anywhere near an acceptable amount.

He's an idiot.

I expect us to collect 7 out of 9 from our remaining three fixtures. We'll beat WHam, Wolves and draw to ManU. :brfcsmilie:

There could be some real pressure in our remaining games which may affect us - taking into account 2 of our games are away to relegation rivals, plus our dreadful away form, there could be some (nasty) twists and turns left.

There could be some real pressure in our remaining games which affect - taking into account 2 of our games are away to relegation rivals, plus our dreadful away form, there could be some (nasty) twists and turns left.

I agree that there will be pressure and nasty surprises.

On the other hand, we have to adopt a winning mental attitude. We will win because our fans are better than WHam and Wolves' fans. We will win because we have a solid squad and they suck. We will win because its about time that the football gods smiled on us for a bit. And most of all we will win because we are Rovers and they are NOT!

We won't discuss Kean as that just sucks the heart out of the conversation.

As to ManU, they're playing at Ewood, too bad for them. If the supporters get behind our boys like they did yesterday, ManU will not have a walk in the park.

I think we may even get something at Wet Spam, they will need the win and if we have Hoillet back with Olsson on the wings we can pick them off on the counter.

Now is the time to break this hoodoo and send these buggers down.

I think we may even get something at Wet Spam, they will need the win and if we have Hoillet back with Olsson on the wings we can pick them off on the counter.

Now is the time to break this hoodoo and send these buggers down.

A lot more nervous about facing West Ham after having watched their games v Chelsea (3-0 was a very flattering result for Chelsea) and Man City. They used to look like a team resigned to relegation, with no effort, spine or grit whatsoever, but that seems to have changed.

I pray and hope that Parker won't be match fit on Saturday. Also, Demba Ba (thank God we got RSC back instead of this fella, eh) is a player capable of actually scoring goals, and must be stopped at all costs.

After the delirium of yesterday, I think things have taken a turn for the worse for Rovers today.

West Ham - for them next week, they are exactly where we were yesterday pre the match. Our record is lousy there, it will be a full house, hostile and intimidating and in their last two matches (Chelsea & City away), they've not played badly and with some rub of the green............. Can't see anything for us.

Manure - after today's defeat, they CANNOT secure the title before our match. That is the last thing we needed. Fergie would luv it to humiliate Rovers and exact retribution for Sam.

Brum - now have one point more than us.

Wolves - two home wins against WBA & us (or even a point against WBA) and we are gone.

I think we need two more points - a huge ask.

• Backroom

Miseryman strikes again

Come on mate today 2 of our close rivals played and neither won, despite one playing most of the game against 10 men and as far as I know we are 4 and 6 points ahead of them.

A lot of work to be done yet but you seem to think all the other teams down there are suddenly world beaters.

After the delirium of yesterday, I think things have taken a turn for the worse for Rovers today.

West Ham - for them next week, they are exactly where we were yesterday pre the match. Our record is lousy there, it will be a full house, hostile and intimidating and in their last two matches (Chelsea & City away), they've not played badly and with some rub of the green............. Can't see anything for us.

Manure - after today's defeat, they CANNOT secure the title before our match. That is the last thing we needed. Fergie would luv it to humiliate Rovers and exact retribution for Sam.

Wolves - two home wins against WBA & us (or even a point against WBA) and we are gone.

It's official, Mercerman is a troll pretending to be a Rovers fan. To read that post you'd think we'd be better off being like West Ham on 32 points with 3 "winnable" games ahead.

Results couldn't honestly have gone any better for us this weekend much like last. That's not "luck" as such, just a reflection of the fact that the other teams aren't very good. Over the 38 games the table doesn't lie and you finish where you deserve.

As for next week and the remainder of the season, all the pressure is now on West Ham and Wolves. West Ham simply have to win whereby a draw would be acceptable for us.

It is possible we could lose all three of our remaining games. If however we show the commitment we displayed in the last two home games or away at Arsenal, it's equally possible we could beat West Ham/and/or Wolves.

The Manure defeat really got me going - I fancied us to nick a point there if they'd already tied-up the PL, now it's different as Fergie will want to win it in style.

Yep pressure will be on WHAM on Saturday but that was just like us yesterday and I don't fancy us one little bit there.

As far the Wolves match, to me, it will be just like the Crystal Palcace play-off match @ Selhurst many years ago which as many know, especially if you were there, was just horrible, horrible, horrible.

I hope I'm wrong but have BBC Predictor as:

15 Wolves -21 41

16 Brum -22 40

17 WHAM -19 39

18 Rovers -19 38

19 Wigan -23 38

20 Pool -29 38

Absolutely correct.

Although results could have been worse this weekend and despite the euphoria of yesterday we are still deep in trouble.

I'll be going to the West Ham match but I'm not looking forward to it as it will be the usual cauldron of hate and I don't expect us to get anything from the match. West Ham have players who can hurt any team and although they have struggled all season I still have the feeling they are going to escape on the last day of the season.

The ManU match is a write-off because United will still need the points to secure the title and their quality will be too much for us.

That leaves the Wolves match on the last day and I wouldn't like to bank on this Rovers team led by this lame-duck manager to get anything from that match.

We need at least one point and possibly two or three to stay up so the question has to be asked, where are they coming from ?

Where did the three points we so desperately needed (and got) yesterday come from?

We struggled to beat a Bolton side without key players and with nothing to play for.

The next 3 matches are against teams desperate for points - big difference.

• Backroom

We struggled to beat a Bolton side without key players and with nothing to play for.

We hardly struggled, not forgetting Hoilett - our most dangerous player by far, was missing.

I don't think we'll win another game but a point next week could well be enough, it at least would all but confirm West Ham would be below us.

Exactly !

The only saving grace could be that Wolves may have lost their 1st choice strike force come the final game of the season.

Fair comment. (Although I disagree we "struggled" to beat Bolton, steadier finishing and final ball and it could have been a cricket score)

I'd much rather be in our position than any of theirs though and having got the monkey of the winless run off our backs I think the boot is somewhat on the other foot and all the pressure is on those other Clubs.

I realise that sounds somewhat complacent, it's not meant too but hopefully the worst is behind us.

Exactly !

The only saving grace could be that Wolves may have lost their 1st choice strike force come the final game of the season.

Hardly. I'd say with three games to go the fact that we're six points ahead of West Ham, five points ahead of Wolves, and three points ahead of Wigan and Blackpool with a better goal difference is fairly relevant as well.

Archived