BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think as long as we don't loss ALL 3 games, we should be safe. West Ham and Wolves should be going down as i think they probably need at least 6 points from 3 games to be safe and i don't see them getting that. The only question now is whether Blackpool, Wigan or us will go down with them.

I think as long as we don't loss ALL 3 games, we should be safe. West Ham and Wolves should be going down as i think they probably need at least 6 points from 3 games to be safe and i don't see them getting that. The only question now is whether Blackpool, Wigan or us will go down with them.

Enormous relief and now is not the time to be turning on each other over the divisive subjects of Keen and owners.

One and potentially the three toughest pre-conditions I identified for survival has been achieved- a win.

Now to ensuring we don't lose at West Ham and Wolves.

For West Ham, it will be completely do or die as a failure to beat us will be tantamount to relegation.

The Wolves and West Ham fixtures here on in all look eminently winnable for them and Blackpool's look awful by contrast but they are catching Spurs, Bolton and Man U at the times you'd ask to play them this season.

Thankfully it is in ourr hands and for once on Saturday we are notfacing a manager who is less inept than our's.

Living in the area I find it rather amusing how all the pecemists in here think WBA will be an easy game for wolves.

WBA fans will be hoping to send their arch rivals down, Roy Hogson is no fool and will understand the sentiment hanging on the game, wolves will be lucky to come away with a point, nevermind all three.

That's my thinking too, WBA must be one of the form teams home and away at present.

time to have another go at the predictor:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

just think, if Rovers beat West Ham and Wolves they could finish as high as 12th. :D

All that positivity, you must be Steve Kean!

In fact, take the blond shock of hair off your avatar and look what is left beneath!

GASP!!! You are Steve Kean. :D

In fact, take the blond shock of hair off your avatar and look what is left beneath!

My identity has been revealed, the wig has done nothing!

Hahahaha I love the idea that Steve Kean is just Butters in a wig!!!

my concern is if we go to this game with the intention of getting a draw as I believe this is a sure fire way of getting beat. I personally would consider playing just the 1 striker and having the Jones and Nzonzi partnership breaking up play and driving forward given the oppertunity ...

Best striker means nowt. It's best suited to be a lone target man. If it is to be a lone striker then RSC is the best option by a mile. We just need to make sure that Hoillet / Olsson get close to him quickly enough to provide some support and provide some fast counter attacking options.

Hahahaha I love the idea that Steve Kean is just Butters in a wig!!!

Which means that he is also Professor Chaos, given some of our performances under him is quite an apt lookalike

• Backroom

If you look at our last 3 games, and take into account our recent away form, surely there is a very good case for thinking we will get no more points this season?

But also looking at the other teams down there and their current form there is good cause to think they wont get 3 points more than us. We are all down there for a reason, maybe one team will have a good run but I can't see 2-3 becoming world beaters overnight.

I just pray we can do enough to cross the line

The thing is it's in our hands. West Ham's home form is not great, I think they've lost eight at home up to now. Looking at the team Den posted earlier when we beat them 8-2 in the 1960's, that team wouldd have repeated the dose this weekend. Oh for a Fred Pickering just for this one game.

You might think me even madder than usual, but I would rather get two points from the last three games, than three points.

The proviso being that the two points are against Wham and Wolves. That would be far more valuable to us than beating Man Utd and losing to the other two clubs.

You might think me even madder than usual, but I would rather get two points from the last three games, than three points.

The proviso being that the two points are against Wham and Wolves. That would be far more valuable to us than beating Man Utd and losing to the other two clubs.

I want points, as many as possible. I don't care where they come from either.

One thing I've learned coaching the kids: Keep It Simple, Simon. If one over thinks the game, practice session, instructions, strategy, etc., then that person will doubtless screw it up.

As stated above, West Ham and Wolves both have to play Sunderland and Rovers, two matches which they will be targetting for 6 points and safety.

I know they are both struggling but they are both also capable of winning on their day. West Ham especially have some dangerous players.

So it's easy to see a scenario in which they get 6 points and Rovers get none.

Lets not forget - West Ham are six points behind with an inferior goal difference - six points may make them safe - but not necessarily at the expense of Rovers. I can see a scenario where we might not win another match this season - and still stay up. At the end of the day we are all at the bottom of the table for a reason - and none of the teams are suddenly going to become Barca over night.

At the moment :-

Wigan can't buy a win

West Ham are possibly one of the better teams on paper - but are still six points behind Rovers

Blackpool - not won for ages - and the most difficult run in

Wolves - have struggled scoring for some time

We aren't safe yet - but at least it is in our own hands.

A lot of people, including Kean, keep going on about our goal difference.

Well, we could lose by 3 at WHAM and by 3, 4 or 5 against United - a lot will depend upon what they need to do after Chelski match next Sunday.

Advantage gone.

I honestly think that we now have huge, huge problems. The key result for us was was Arsenal beating Manure at weekend.

If you look at our last 3 games, and take into account our recent away form, surely there is a very good case for thinking we will get no more points this season?

Totally agree and that could well happen. Thing is I personally think even 38 points will be enough because our superior goal difference means 2 of the chasing 4 need to get to 39. No chance for Blackpool IMO with their fixtures and unlikely for the other 3 given their form.

At the moment :-

Wigan can't buy a win: playing well, fancy them for at least a point at hapless Villa

West Ham are possibly one of the better teams on paper - but are still six points behind Rovers: 3 if they beat us with a better run-in.

Blackpool - not won for ages - and the most difficult run in: fancy them to do Bolton and if Fergie clinches it at Ewood, expect Blackpool to play a laid back United 'reserve' team prior to Champions' League final.

Wolves - have struggled scoring for some time: Doyle back for last two. Two wins against WBA & us will do it.

We aren't safe yet - but at least it is in our own hands: 7 points out of last 33 with easier fixtures than last three, doesn't inspire confidence.

• Backroom
A lot of people, including Kean, keep going on about our goal difference.Well, we could lose by 3 at WHAM and by 3, 4 or 5 against United - a lot will depend upon what they need to do after Chelski match next Sunday.I honestly think that we now have huge, huge problems. The key result for us was was Arsenal beating Manure at weekend.

I actually thing a more key result was only one of the bottom teams won - us.

We are still deep in it but you make it seem like we are in a worse position than before the weekend when in fact we are 2 and 3 points better off than our rivals.

• Backroom

Sorry Mercerman, but you need to spend more time watching the clubs below us. They'll all struggle to pick up many more points. As long as we do our part and get draws out of West Ham and Wolves we'll be OK. No chance we'll lose by 3+ to WHU, they're just not that good. Robbie Keane couldn't score in a brothel... though Rovers do have form for gifting misfiring players goals <_<

Just to add to the Wigan @ Villa fixture....in the last 5 at Villa Park, Wigan have won 3 and drawn 2. :o

Great weekend for us results wise....couldnt have gone much better, no matter what misery man says!

Sorry Mercerman, but you need to spend more time watching the clubs below us. They'll all struggle to pick up many more points. As long as we do our part and get draws out of West Ham and Wolves we'll be OK. No chance we'll lose by 3+ to WHU, they're just not that good. Robbie Keane couldn't score in a brothel... though Rovers do have form for gifting misfiring players goals <_<

I really hope that you are right, howeever, I don't share your confidence about our ability to avoid defeat at WHAM & Wolves.

Archived