BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

Lets not forget - West Ham are six points behind with an inferior goal difference - six points may make them safe - but not necessarily at the expense of Rovers. I can see a scenario where we might not win another match this season - and still stay up. At the end of the day we are all at the bottom of the table for a reason - and none of the teams are suddenly going to become Barca over night.

At the moment :-

Wigan can't buy a win

West Ham are possibly one of the better teams on paper - but are still six points behind Rovers

Blackpool - not won for ages - and the most difficult run in

Wolves - have struggled scoring for some time

We aren't safe yet - but at least it is in our own hands.

Eh! W2 D2 L2 in the last six, wish they were our stats.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I really hope that you are right, howeever, I don't share your confidence about our ability to avoid defeat at WHAM & Wolves.

Never said I was confident we'd manage it, just that if we do we'll be safe :P strangely i'm more confident about the WHU game, despite it being our bogeyteam, than Wolves. If there's any season to break our curse at Upton Park (or whatever they're calling it nowadays), this is it, and they really aren't that good. They're bottom for a reason. If the players show the same commitment we've seen at City/Bolton we'll be okay. Unfortunately we are a completely different team away from home, so sadly by the time the match comes round my nerves will be on edge and any confidence I have in the team will probably be shot :unsure:

Took the predictor again today.

Was as pessimistic as possible:

Has us down for a loss at Wham, United and Wolves.

Also had Blackpool beating Bolton at Bloomfield and West Ham winning the last game of the season against Sunderland who by then won't have anything to play for. Had Wigan down as beating West Ham and drawing with Stoke City at Britannia in the last round.

Wolves look somewhat doomed if they dont snatch a point against West Brom at Molineux this weekend. If they do we will still be on the same tally with a better GD. We will still be on a better tally even though we lose 7-1 against United at Ewood Park. IF Wolves win things will look a little bit darker with us going on one relegation spot.

Getting optimistic now - especially because I think we will snatch a point from either Wham, Utd or Wolves and that will see us safe.

Wires crossed, I'm on about Wigan! Aye, West Ham are on a dismal run.

I thought we all were? 67s post below is definitely talking about Wigan, he highlighted the Wigan part in red...

Eh! W2 D2 L2 in the last six, wish they were our stats.

bbc le chuck. check the link to the previous post. mind boggles.

67s post you quoted was definitely on about Wigan, hence the confusion!

United in Champions League final 6 days after PL season ends.

Title, highly probably, clinched after Ewood.

Last match, Blackpool at home - rest a few, the rest don't want to risk injury and give it no more than say 70%. Not a bad match for Holly and his barmy army. Would rather have that than Wolves away.

You'd rather go to Old Trafford than Molineux?

Really?

In the circumstances I've highlighted, then yes.

Who do you think will be up for it the most - Manure or Wolves ?

If Man Utd beat Chelsea, they only need a draw at Ewood to win the league. Let's hope Fergie sees sense that a draw is good for us and them, rather than wanting to exact some measure of revenge for Venky's sacking his favourite bitchmonkey ..... ;)

• Backroom

I'm sure you would see it totally differently should we be heading to United and Blackpool to Wolves.

Also if Chelsea somehow win at OT then United will have to beat Blackpool.

Also in those circumstances Wolves would be more up for it but skill comes into football as well, United reserves just destroyed a far better team than Blackpool

If Man Utd beat Chelsea, they only need a draw at Ewood to win the league. Let's hope Fergie sees sense that a draw is good for us and them, rather than wanting to exact some measure of revenge for Venky's sacking his favourite bitchmonkey ..... ;)

Let's not forget that Jerome Anderson is public enemy number 1 for Fergie, he will want to smash us out of sight.

Agreed, however, this is SAF you are talking about. He loved it when he sent us down in 1999 and would relish it even more if he could knock another nail in our coffin. He gets two attempts, firstly at Ewood and secondly a week later v. B'pool (no doubt Holly will ensure that SAF receives a case of the finest reds in good time!)

If Man Utd lose to Chelsea this weekend then they will need at least a point against Blackpool to win the league. Even if they draw with Chelsea it's likely they will still need a point against Blackpool as Chelsea will probably beat Newcastle next week.

Let's not forget that Jerome Anderson is public enemy number 1 for Fergie, he will want to smash us out of sight.

He is? Didn't know that. (reasons to dislike Fergie 3890, reasons to like Fergie 1)

Being ultra-positive:

We take 1/3 points from West Ham and are practically safe -> Chelsea beat ManUre -> we go into that game relaxed and confident, they go into it pressurised and shaken -> we get a draw -> we stop ManUre winning the league for the 2nd season running whilst confirming our safety :D

He is? Didn't know that. (reasons to dislike Fergie 3890, reasons to like Fergie 1)

Yeah, think it fair to say he is not a fan.

Jerome Anderson couldn't pick his nose. It's unbelievable. If that is the state the game has got to then we are all in trouble. They have got rid of a very successful, highly competent manager who the players love and who has changed the club and now they have to replace that."

Archived