BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Backroom

We'll be wanting West Ham to beat Wigan next week, really.

Tomorrow's game is HUGE for Wolves. Similar to the Bolton game for us, they just have to win it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We'll be wanting West Ham to beat Wigan next week, really.

Tomorrow's game is HUGE for Wolves. Similar to the Bolton game for us, they just have to win it.

Yep, the good news for us is we did win our 'must win' game, they still have to go and do it.

It's quite likely that Blackpool / Wigan / Wolves do all win next week but let's not forget we are all in this mess for a reason they haven't been winning games all season.

For some reason I haven't even considered the last game, it's still quite possible we could get something there but we really don't want to go into it needing to.

Shocking tackle from Adam, surely FA will dish a retrospective ban out for that. People call us and teams like Stoke for being over-physical but Blackpool put in foul after foul in their game today.

Shocking tackle from Adam, surely FA will dish a retrospective ban out for that. People call us and teams like Stoke for being over-physical but Blackpool put in foul after foul in their game today.

Won't last long, can't see FA being so lenient on them in the future once they see what they're all about. That's assuming they will even be in the Prem next year.

Blackpool might get three points versus Bolton, but will lose against Man Utd in their last match. I also honestly believe that West Ham will defeat Wigan, seeing as they still have a chance if they beat Sunderland in their last match. It's not a given that Wolves gets three points tomorrow either.

As long as we don't get demolished by Man Utd, we can stay up on 39 points due to our goal difference.

If united beat Chelski tomorrow it will be great to play them at home and settle for a point. They will be champions and we will probably stay up. And I do think we can manage a draw. Then I believe we can win or draw at Wolves.

Bear in mind that Blackpool have to go to united on the last day. If united have nothing to play for they will rest their main players which could do Blackpool a huge favour. Don't bank on Blackpool losing that game.

Going to be very tight. Think 1 point will probably be enough for us. Need a west brom win tomorrow.

Bear in mind that Blackpool have to go to united on the last day. If united have nothing to play for they will rest their main players which could do Blackpool a huge favour. Don't bank on Blackpool losing that game.

Going to be very tight. Think 1 point will probably be enough for us. Need a west brom win tomorrow.

I reckon it will be a draw, which will further complicate matters!

I reckon it will be a draw, which will further complicate matters!

A draw tomorrow will be good for us, that would mean that they would have to beat Sunderland (away) to take it into the last weekend, Sunderland got a morale boosting win today and Wolves away record is not the best.

A draw tomorrow will be good for us, that would mean that they would have to beat Sunderland (away) to take it into the last weekend, Sunderland got a morale boosting win today and Wolves away record is not the best.

Good shout - let's hope

It may be no consolation at all but at least if we go down we're taking West Ham with us!

They still have a very, very slight chance of surival if they win against Wigan (depending on other results as well, obviously). They have Sunderland - a team with nothing to play for - in their last match. Wigan's match at home vs. WHU is probably seen as the most winnable of the last two by Wigan, but I hope and believe that the Hammers might grab all three in that one.

• Backroom

They still have a very, very slight chance of surival if they win against Wigan (depending on other results as well, obviously). They have Sunderland - a team with nothing to play for - in their last match. Wigan's match at home vs. WHU is probably seen as the most winnable of the last two by Wigan, but I hope and believe that the Hammers might grab all three in that one.

They may survive but if they do we will as well unless theres a huge swing in goal difference.

Still think BIG club could be in the mix, Fulham at home and Sunderland away.

We have a four goal advantage on them.

Ridgewell will be a big loss. Red carded today.

They also had a player sent off against Wolves-I don't know if he was banned today or if it will be the next match.

They may survive but if they do we will as well unless theres a huge swing in goal difference.

Yep - and that's a good thing, seeing as they're up against Wigan in the next match. Hope they play the full 90 minutes in that match with the same urgency they showed in the last 15 minutes against us.

Like they did against Schalke 04? :)

Results yesterday brought up a possibility I hadn't previously considered. I had always thought a win for either West Ham or Wigan next week would be bad news but if West Ham beat Wigan then neither of those two clubs can overtake us unless they win their last game and we lose our last two and there is a swing in goal difference of at least nine goals in those games.

On a similar but more obvious note if Wolves fail to win tomorrow, a bit like West Ham, it's highly unlikely they'll finish above us unless they win both of their last two games.

It would take a very specific and unlikely set of results for us to go down imo now but obviously we still don't want to have to rely on other teams and need to do it the right way and round the season off with at least another 4 points to prevent the Red Scum from winning the title, and send Wolves down and keep one or both of our Lancashire chums up!

:tu:

(Edited)

I thought Adam got a yellow card for the challenge so no further action can be taken. Not sure about the rule but could the ref himself upgrade to a red if he didn't see it properly at the time?

If the ref sees it and takes action then there is little chance of the Fa getting involved. We saw Rooney get off the elbow at Wigan. I think they have taken action once before when the player got booked at the time and that was for ben thatchers assault of pedro mendes.

If the ref sees it and takes action then there is little chance of the Fa getting involved. We saw Rooney get off the elbow at Wigan. I think they have taken action once before when the player got booked at the time and that was for ben thatchers assault of pedro mendes.

The ref missed it. No free kick, no nothing. A three match ban must be handed out. I am very interested though to see if there is any favoritism towards the Premier Leagues favorite plucky underdogs.

I thought Adam got a yellow card for the challenge so no further action can be taken. Not sure about the rule but could the ref himself upgrade to a red if he didn't see it properly at the time?

He didn't get a yellow card, the ref didn't even give it as a foul! Therefore it could be turned into a ban by the FA. I don't think they will, Holloway would have something to moan about then.

Archived