BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their defending for both goals has been comical. Then again, it's a typical Hodgson team away performance so maybe you're right.

true, their defending has been shocking. Hopefully hodgson will tell them how to defend set pieces at half time!

• Backroom

It was always going to come down to the final day.

If we'd beaten either Blackpool or Birmingham at home, or held on to our lead against a truly terrible West Ham team yesterday it wouldn't have had to. This season has just been one missed opportunity after another. Looking at Wolves now, and knowing how poor we are away from home, I only see one result at Molineux on the last day of the season.

• Backroom

If we won last night, we were safe. Now we need to avoid defeat at Wolves at a minimum. Wont be easy.

Nightmare has come true.

The Nightmare would have been being bottom. Wolves winning is bad news but over 2 weeks theyve only done the same as us.

There is an off chance that both Blackpool and Wigan could lose next week ensuring our safety. If either of those two lose one of their games we are safe

45 minutes still left in this game.

Dont forget West Ham, Wigan and Blackpool are in the mire too.

I still think 39 points will be enough to survive.

Wolves 2 West Brom 2

If we won last night, we were safe. Now we need to avoid defeat at Wolves at a minimum. Wont be easy.

Nightmare has come true.

Agreed.

This is getting squeakier bum time by every passing game. Kean clearly doesn't understand the dynamics of what is going on at the bottom.

If we'd beaten either Blackpool or Birmingham at home, or held on to our lead against a truly terrible West Ham team yesterday it wouldn't have had to. This season has just been one missed opportunity after another. Looking at Wolves now, and knowing how poor we are away from home, I only see one result at Molineux on the last day of the season.

Spot on. You just have to take the opportunities when they arise.

Luck does enter into it a bit and I just hope that we haven't exhausted ours (Bolton's 1st half post effort, Keane's miss yesterday etc). Also, over the last couple of weeks, results have generally gone for us and this can only happen for so long.

Assuming Wolves win today, we could do with them winning at Sunderland next week as 40 points would almost certainly see them safe and give us a better chance in the last match there.

If Wigan beat WHAM, which I would put at 80/20, then I think we will have a big problem which will only get even bigger if Chelsea beat Manure this afternoon.

Agreed.

This is getting squeakier bum time by every passing game. Kean clearly doesn't understand the dynamics of what is going on at the bottom.

Please remind me Philip what was Sam's amazing record against WHAM like? BTW people are missing you on the Syed thread. Surely your hero can afford to pay up in Spain.

You and I both know that.

But this is Blackburn Rovers, our team, that we are referring to.

We've never done things the easy way.

hopefully united have not won the title by the last day.

If they have I can see him putting out a crap team that blackpool will beat. Fergie to send us down again maybe.

Would be one last favour for his pal big sam too!

• Backroom

Before the wham game people would have loved a point now they moan that we couldn't hold out against the obvious barrage and moan that we only got a point. Blackpool and wigan need to better our results in both remaining games to even stand a chance.

Granted it would have been a lot nicer had it not gone to the wire

Spot on. You just have to take the opportunities when they arise.

Luck does enter into it a bit and I just hope that we haven't exhausted ours (Bolton's 1st half post effort, Keane's miss yesterday etc). Also, over the last couple of weeks, results have generally gone for us and this can only happen for so long.

Assuming Wolves win today, we could do with them winning at Sunderland next week as 40 points would almost certainly see them safe and give us a better chance in the last match there.

If Wigan beat WHAM, which I would put at 80/20, then I think we will have a big problem which will only get even bigger if Chelsea beat Manure this afternoon.

I have this horrible feeling that man u would just love to win the title at ewood Park. Last season we stopped them winning it. They still hate us for when we won the prem. I am sure they would just love to flaunt it in front of us and try to send us down. I also think they would be happy for Blackpool to stay up at our expence. But I am really hoping man u win this pm. Trying to remember the last time I wanted that to happen.

Hoping for WBA to fight back later.

Just done the predictor and we are going down if we lose at Wolves on the last day folks.

So much for the staying up chants at WHam yesterday.

Oh well, no point in playing the remaining games then. Just e-mail your results to the PL and we can end the season now! Don't bother replying to this has I've now put you on ignore. You really do get on my tits!

Just done the predictor and we are going down if we lose at Wolves on the last day folks.

So much for the staying up chants at WHam yesterday.

Stating the obvious there philip, not like you. :lol:

As i've said before the die was cast on 13th December.

The clubs owners have committed football suicide.

The chickens will come home to roost on 22nd May.

My advice is sell the club debt free now for £1 to someone who has a clue and cut your losses.

• Backroom

I like how philips opinion is stated as fact. The truth is none of us know at all what could or will happen

Archived