BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I wonder where WBA would be without Odemwinge. He may as well not be on the pitch today and they've looked like relegation fodder. They've got an awful defence and an average midfield. Proof of how important having a good striker is I suppose.

As things stand, WHAM are definitely down if they don't win at Wigan next week.

Might all depend upon how few we concede against Manure. I think they could beat us by any number they want and wouldn't rule out 5, 6 or even 7 - Fergie's revenge and how would Venky's react to that !!!!!!!

A hammering against United will put us in a very, very precarious position going to Wolves. Park the friggen bus.

Where's the evidence that United are gonna absolutely trounce us? Even if they win I can't see it being more than by 2 goals maximum. We'll give them a bleddy good game.

Admittedly I'm still very worried but I still have a feeling that the Hammers will beat Wigan meaning those two can't catch us. Then we just need Blackpool/Brum or Wolves to balls it up.

As things stand, WHAM are definitely down if they don't win at Wigan next week.

Might all depend upon how few we concede against Manure. I think they could beat us by any number they want and wouldn't rule out 5, 6 or even 7 - Fergie's revenge and how would Venky's react to that !!!!!!!

Bloody hell mercer, if there's been a more glass half (completely?) empty poster on here, I can't recall them!

Where's the evidence that United are gonna absolutely trounce us? Even if they win I can't see it being more than by 2 goals maximum. We'll give them a bleddy good game.

The fact they beat us 7-1 a few months ago doesn't fill me with confidence.

The fact they beat us 7-1 a few months ago doesn't fill me with confidence.

Look at London Rover's post - they're not that good away from home. Guess their performance and desire will ultimately be decided on how they do today.

As for Mercerman, I agree with Matty, what is your agenda? EVERY post is overly negative. There's a lot of negativity around the place, but you've yet to post anything remotely positive.

• Backroom

Bloody hell mercer, if there's been a more glass half (completely?) empty poster on here, I can't recall them!

Is that what you call it?

So far in the last few days alone, Hoilett is faking injury and wont play for us again, Spurs and United are both going to let Blackpool win and Birmingham are safe on 39 points yet we are going down on 39 points.

On a positive note, Wolves defence looks crap.

So far in the last few days alone, Hoilett is faking injury and wont play for us again, Spurs and United are both going to let Blackpool win and Birmingham are safe on 39 points yet we are going down on 39 points.

Just noticed the day he joined - isn't that the day after Allardyce wa sacked? Perhaps he's him and we've never realised it!

On a positive note, Wolves defence looks crap.

:) :)

Perhaps Mercerman is just trying to bring balance to the universe? For every Imy there needs to be a Mercerman, etc...

Now come on I'm not THAT optomistic :) Mercerman is surely an exception.

• Backroom

Now come on I'm not THAT optomistic :) Mercerman is surely an exception.

Haha, I was just trying to think of the most optimistic person on this board to be honest, not neccessarily in preportion :P

Looking at how poor West Brom were in the first half, and how Wolves have played in this second half i'd be quietly confident of getting a point against them.

They have some serious dross in their side, the likes of Mancienne and Anakobi (spelling) are very, very poor players.

• Backroom

Looking at how poor West Brom were in the first half, and how Wolves have played in this second half i'd be quietly confident of getting a point against them.

They have some serious dross in their side, the likes of Mancienne and Anakobi (spelling) are very, very poor players.

Yep, bad defence, dodgy goalkeeper, workmalike midfield but decent up top, WBA have been dire though.

Archived