BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I would feel more :rover: if we got a point against West Ham but with Spurs making a hash of their chances of 4th place and West Brom already on their Summer holidays I'm still really :( .

Wish we weren't playing United next game! :unsure:

I guess all I can do about it is :brfcsmilie:

Wolves result really bad for Rovers, pressure is now firmly back on. Could really do with getting something from United game next week.

yeah well were couldn't expect the team below us to keep losing forever. Other then wolves we have had a very kind month.

we'll get spanked next week.

Wolves result is a shocker. Looks as if we might have to get a draw at Woloves to stay up if any of the other teams down there win next weekend. After the way we played 2nd half yesterday I'm not sure I would trust us to pull it off to be honest so here's hoping others do us favours big time.

Overall, after an away game weekend only Wolves have gained on us, and we have moved above Brum. Wham now very unlikely to finish above us. With our goal difference being worth a point against everyone below us, 1 point will be enough unless there is an exceptional set of circumstances.

United have a poor record at Ewood. Lets hope they thrash Chelski today and come to Ewood only needing a point.

Our home performances against the better teams (if not results) has been good too.

Time to get stuck into United, and gets thing secured before we go to Wolves.

Wigan have West Ham at home and Stoke away left - can not see them getting more than three points from these two matches. WHU will be desperate next Sunday, and Stoke - who's got nothing to play for, really - are making Arsenal look like mugs right now.

Blackpool will face Bolton at home and Man Utd away - Bolton have Sturridge back, and Coyle will be furious at their recent form - can see Bolton getting a point at least in this one. Man Utd might field a B side against Blackpool in their last match, but do you really think that Fergie would want to end the season in front of the home fans in any other fashion than defeating Blackpool? Three points maximum for Blackpool, possibly only one.

West Ham have Wigan away and Sunderland at home - both are winnable, but, unless we get a royal spanking from Man Utd, their goal difference will be inferior to ours.

Birmingham - Fulham at home and Tottenham away. They'll probably nick a point, but it's not nailed on.

The one major thing in our favour is that we are in form, with 4 points from 6 going into the final two games of the season.

I am not worried about West Ham as unless something drastic happens- 6 points from 6 and -9 goal difference to make up is too much.

So we have:

Blues- level

Wolves- 2 points

Blackpool- 3 points

Wigan- 3 points

The likelihood of two of those teams getting 4 points from 6 to overtake us is minimal IMO. We are in a relegation battle of that there is no doubt, however ask me which team I'd say is favourite from the bottom 5 to survive then my money is on Rovers. IF Man Utd win today then I can see them mentally switching off against us next week.

I don't know why people torture themselves going through every hypothetical scenario and desperately keeping an eye out on other teams.

If we don't get the points to stay up, we deserve to go down.

I don't know why people torture themselves going through every hypothetical scenario and desperately keeping an eye out on other teams.

Well said Topman except I'm sure you're keeping an eye on other teams the same as the rest of us?

See earlier in the thread that people were having a go at Woy.

So given the choice who would you prefer as Rovers manager now. Keane 0r Woy :rolleyes:

who would you rather marry the one on the left or the one on the right?

ugly-women-9.jpg

I agree.

At the end of the season, it's difficult to argue with where you end-up.

Generally, over a season, the luck etc balances out for all sides.

Any points squandered in Sept. Dec. (WHAM & Stoke @ home etc) are just as costly as any squandered now.

• Backroom

Add to those fulham and Sunderland at home along with Bolton away all games we should have won really.

Out of all the results next week, we simply need the Hammers to beat wigan. That should just about guarantee safety provided we keep the United score respectable.

At last a sensible post.

It is lunacy to suggest that conceding 60% posession at West Ham indicates Rovers are a team "in form".

Equally ludicrous to to fondly imagine that Ferguson on't want a repeat 7 goal thrashing of us given what he has said about the new owners and their influences.

Rovers are in form as they have taken 4 points from 6.

If Man Utd win today there is not a chance that they will play with the same level of intensity, regardless of what Fergie thinks, our home record is good and we with a packed Ewood we can beat anyone(ok maybe not Barca, trying to be less optimistic :)

If Man Utd win today there is not a chance that they will play with the same level of intensity, regardless of what Fergie thinks, our home record is good and we with a packed Ewood we can beat anyone(ok maybe not Barca, trying to be less optimistic :)

Ferguson will have United geed up for Ewood irrespective of today's result - don't worry about that. He was also big mates with Sam and was aghast at his sacking and has always had contempt for us as a club. Optimism is fine but realism is better - you don't get disappointed as often.

We've also got 5 positive results in the last 7-or something along those lines according to Kean.

However, how many of the results have seen really good performances?

If Ferguson decides he wants to make a point-especially if they have already more or less the champinship-and they have a real go at us, we could see a re-run of the last, or the penultimate seasom in the 1st Division in the 60's.

1-4 or 0-5.

If Ferguson decides he wants to make a point-especially if they have already more or less the champinship-and they have a real go at us, we could see a re-run of the last, or the penultimate seasom in the 1st Division in the 60's.

Better than 7-1.

Archived