BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As things stand (2-0 up against Chelsea), Manure can win the title next week and Fergie will want to do it in style.

This will enable them to 'rest' for a fortnight pre the Barcelona match. This gives Blackpool a great chance of getting a point that might just keep them in the PL. Under similar circumstances, did WHAM not do something similar a few seasons ago ?

Even if WHAM win at Wigan, it's still not over for Wigan as a win at Stoke (who play the cup final on the 14th, followed by a trip to City on the 17th and are therefore likely to be running on empty <like Bolton against us>) will give them 39 points.

You could then have four teams all on 39 points (WHAM, Wigan, Pool <if they lose @ Manure> & us) with a goal difference very close to one another - if Rovers lose to Manure & Wolves by a combination of 4, it will be far too close to call or for comfort.

Perhaps this is what Venky' meant by exciting!!!

Perhaps so.

However, it is humiliating to lose at home like that and more Rovers' fans attend home games.

You make it sound like we don't have a say in the matter, though.

True, we could put in a good performance and still get whipped, but 5-0 would be an utter capitulation. We're at home and there's nowhere to hide.

You make it sound like we don't have a say in the matter, though.

True, we could put in a good performance and still get whipped, but 5-0 would be an utter capitulation. We're at home and there's nowhere to hide.

The only way we can get a point, or indeed a win, against top 4 teams, is if they don't take their chances.

If they do-or if they take a number of them-it makes it incredibly difficult for us.

I'm just speculating Ferguson might really wind up his team for the match.

United winning was the best result. The league is in the bag, just a point needed to officially seal it.

They'll want to make sure against us, they will go after us from the start and if they go in front it will be game over.

The only way we can get a point, or indeed a win, against top 4 teams, is if they don't take their chances.

If they do-or if they take a number of them-it makes it incredibly difficult for us.

I'm just speculating Ferguson might really wind up his team for the match.

I disagree with that. We always have a chance at home against anyone, but we don't always away from home. We are far better at home than we are away.

Furthermore, we will get some chances at home that, if we take, could certainly lead us to a draw. A draw at home to United would certainly be less of a shock than the point at the Emirates. Not only that, but United just need the one point for the title and might well be happy enough to just secure that.

Allardyce does not come into this equation. United are trying to become Champions of England. For the 19th time, beating the record of their hatred rivals. How could anything else gee them up even more?

Besides, if Allardyce was such a bumchum of Ferguson, then why didn't old red-face get his guys to ease off them in the game at Old Trafford? Why did turn the screw and humilate him so much?

There will be a huge black market for tickets for this match.

Already, a business colleague has offered me over 3 times the match day value for my tickets.

A cracking atmosphere in store.

even more?Besides, if Allardyce was such a bumchum of Ferguson, then why didn't old red-face get his guys to ease off them in the game at Old Trafford? Why did turn the screw and humilate him so much?

Ferguson is motivated only in doing what is best for United, and sticking seven past any club will have pleased him immensely. He didn't seek to humiliate Sam but will have enjoyed beating Rovers. Don't forget he's never forgiven us for 1995.

Going to make for a very interesting atmosphere against UTD.That lot can win the title at Ewood while we are fighting for our lives.What about the traditonal post match 'lap of honour' :unsure: by our team....for the fist time in years I'm undecided whether to stay and see them off,I'm really unsure if any appreciation is deserved to be honest (that saddens me to say).

P.S.

Keep your tickets in your pockets and dont sell to those red rags as there'll be thousands of them wanting to buy outside no doubt. <_<

Going to make for a very interesting atmosphere against UTD.That lot can win the title at Ewood while we are fighting for our lives.What about the traditonal post match 'lap of honour' :unsure: by our team....for the fist time in years I'm undecided whether to stay and see them off,I'm really unsure if any appreciation is deserved to be honest (that saddens me to say).

The players are as deserving as any other season, can't fault their effort.

Not sure I'd be cheering a rousing Steve Kean centre circle sppech though <_<

Needs to be policed and Stewarded correctly, as the United fans will try to invade the pitch should they secure the win, I'm sure of that.

Could be a nightmare day if you think back to the City debacle :(

There will be a huge black market for tickets for this match.

Already, a business colleague has offered me over 3 times the match day value for my tickets.

A cracking atmosphere in store.

Expect heavy home infiltration. May well be reminiscent of 2001 with Man City. Only difference being that WE need something from this as well. Hope it doesn't turn nasty.

Ferguson is motivated only in doing what is best for United, and sticking seven past any club will have pleased him immensely. He didn't seek to humiliate Sam but will have enjoyed beating Rovers. Don't forget he's never forgiven us for 1995.

My point was that Allardyce is utterly irrelevant in this scenario, as is 1995.

This is all about winning the title. The secondary concern might be finally knocking Livepool of "their f***ing perch" as he once so eloquently put it.

1995 or Sam does not even enter the equation.

Expect heavy home infiltration. May well be reminiscent of 2001 with Man City. Only difference being that WE need something from this as well. Hope it doesn't turn nasty.

It will if any of them sit near me :angry2:

My point was that Allardyce is utterly irrelevant in this scenario, as is 1995.

1995 or Sam does not even enter the equation.

I think it does. Ferguson and Sam are good friends and he said his sacking was a big mistake - as always he'll enjoy giving us a good tonking.

Needs to be policed and Stewarded correctly, as the United fans will try to invade the pitch should they secure the win, I'm sure of that.

Could be a nightmare day if you think back to the City debacle :(

Exactly Gav...this is worse case scenario for me.Lets hope lessons have been learnt from the Citeh promotion game.

I think it does. Ferguson and Sam are good friends and he said his sacking was a big mistake - as always he'll enjoy giving us a good tonking.

He beat him 7-1 the last time they played. Personally, I think Ferguson is far too focused on what is only best for United to be influenced by anyone else. He would want them to thrash any team who is blocking their path to the title.

Still, this could go on and on and get nowhere. We can agree to disagree on this minor point.

Archived