BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can get a point against United then we will make things a lot easier on ourselves, it would mean that two of Wigan, Wolves and Blackpool would have to win to take us into the last weekend (due to our goal difference).

Agreed- getting that point looks desperately important.

If we work on the basis we lose by 4 to Man U and by 1 to Wolves then Wolves go above us and to stay up we need THREE of the following to happen:

- Birmingham to lose at home to Fulham and away at Spurs (scores don't matter)

- Blackpool at best to win one and lose one of Bolton H and Man U A not gaiining net +3 in Goal Difference in the process

- Wigan at best to win and lose one of West Ham H and Stoke A not gaining net +5 GD in the process

- West Ham to win Wigan A and Sunderland H gaining +4 GD in the prcess.

So we could be safe but my goodness we are in the lap of the Gods hoping that clubs fighting for their lives come up short.

Our goal difference is good at the moment but it could well shift by more than -5. If we go behind at Wolves and then open-up to try and grab an equaliser, there is a chance that the roof might just cave in. I think at -5 you are on the optimistic side and I can see it moving by -8.

We are indeed in the lap of the Gods and let's hope that Uncle Jack has some influence up there!

• Backroom

If we can get a point against United then we will make things a lot easier on ourselves, it would mean that two of Wigan, Wolves and Blackpool would have to win to take us into the last weekend (due to our goal difference).

Indeed, if I reckon right then a point means that Blackpool and Wigan need to win both of their games to overtake us.

I can't see us getting a point but it's not inconcievable that Blackpool and or Wigan fail to win this weekend.

:P

Our goal difference is good at the moment but it could well shift by more than -5. If we go behind at Wolves and then open-up to try and grab an equaliser, there is a chance that the roof might just cave in. I think at -5 you are on the optimistic side and I can see it moving by -8.

We are indeed in the lap of the Gods and let's hope that Uncle Jack has some influence up there!

talk about doomsday scenario! :lol: very odd!

I think at -5 you are on the optimistic side and I can see it moving by -8.

Come on...you're on the wind up, surely?

Rovers 0 - 5 Man Utd

Wolves 3 - 0 Rovers

That's the most realistic scenario I can think of to back up your numbers. Whatever you do it, it's incredibly unlikely. When was the last time we got tonked at home? Also, that Wolves game will be an incredibly nervy affair, it'll be settled by the odd goal.

Come on...you're on the wind up, surely?

Rovers 0 - 5 Man Utd

Wolves 3 - 0 Rovers

That's the most realistic scenario I can think of to back up your numbers. Whatever you do it, it's incredibly unlikely. When was the last time we got tonked at home? Also, that Wolves game will be an incredibly nervy affair, it'll be settled by the odd goal.

United are capable of tonking us at home, especially if we play like we did after we scored against West Ham. Rovers have put in some truly pathetic performances on the final day in recent years, especially away from home.

I think conceding 8 goals is unlikely but can't be completely ruled out. Goal difference might play a major part this season, just got to make sure we keep it under control.

United are capable of tonking us at home, especially if we play like we did after we scored against West Ham. Rovers have put in some truly pathetic performances on the final day in recent years, especially away from home.

With out checking, I'm sure we've only lost once in the last 6 years on the final day!

Last few last games of the season:

09/05/2010 Aston Villa Blackburn 0-1

24/05/2009 Blackburn West Brom 0-0

11/05/2008 Birmingham Blackburn 4-1

13/05/2007 Blackburn Reading 3-3

07/05/2006 Blackburn Man City 2-0

14/05/2005 Tottenham Blackburn 0-0

15/05/2004 Blackburn Birmingham 1-1

11/05/2003 Tottenham Blackburn 0-4

11/05/2002 Blackburn Fulham 3-0

Last few last games of the season:

09/05/2010 Aston Villa Blackburn 0-1

24/05/2009 Blackburn West Brom 0-0

11/05/2008 Birmingham Blackburn 4-1

13/05/2007 Blackburn Reading 3-3

07/05/2006 Blackburn Man City 2-0

14/05/2005 Tottenham Blackburn 0-0

15/05/2004 Blackburn Birmingham 1-1

11/05/2003 Tottenham Blackburn 0-4

11/05/2002 Blackburn Fulham 3-0

Looks like I was incorrect then, I remember the Brum result which saw us missing out on a place in Europe? Still when you consider our away form this season Wolves would be strong favourites, especially if the side that wins survives and the other goes down.

Looks like I was incorrect then, I remember the Brum result which saw us missing out on a place in Europe? Still when you consider our away form this season would you want to go to Wolves away in what could be a must win game for both sides?

yeah I'm getting more worried both teams will be so nervous and their crowd will be going mental in the last 20 minutes if its close.

• Backroom

It's weird it feels like it's not about if we can get enough points to survive but more hoping the other teams run out of games to catch us up.

My worry was us staying out of the drop zone the whole time only to drop in it at the very death. Still looks possible.

It's weird it feels like it's not about if we can get enough points to survive but more hoping the other teams run out of games to catch us up.

This basically.

I don't think we'll go down, but it's down to the teams below us being dire rather than us doing anything.

This weekends games are the first one's in a good while where i can actually see the teams below us getting points, but i can just as easily, if not more see both Blackpool & Wigan messing up there crucial last home games this weekend.

Archived