BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

If wigan dont win at the weekend and wolves win, when we play wolves a draw should see us both safe.

All depends on Blackpool too.

Key results this weekend are win for West Ham & a win for Bolton @ Blackpool!!

Nervous already!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

not surprising that old whiskey-nose fergie will play an under -strength team against blackpool. :angry2:

surely some sanctions other than club fines should come in for things like this.

surely it bringing the game into disrepute ?

As much as I want United to beat Blackpool it's only logical that Fergie wont want to risk injuries for the Champions League final, he'd be daft to do anything but play a weakened side if the league is sown up

not surprising that old whiskey-nose fergie will play an under -strength team against blackpool. :angry2:

Even an under strength United team, all looking for places on the bench in the Champions league by the way, should be more than enough to see off bpool surely.

Even an under strength United team, all looking for places on the bench in the Champions league by the way, should be more than enough to see off bpool surely.

dont count on it.

its not right. and money isnt a punishment for a club like them.

for me. give fergie a 10 game touchline ban starting next season.. and if he does it again keep increasing it!

As much as I want United to beat Blackpool it's only logical that Fergie wont want to risk injuries for the Champions League final, he'd be daft to do anything but play a weakened side if the league is sown up

logical.. of course cos it benefits united. doesnt make it right in my opinion.

• Backroom

United playing a weakened team may not be as bad a thing as you might think.

If the league is indeed sown up and Fergie puts out a strong team, most of them will treat it like an exhibition game and avoid anything too laborious as they won't want to injure themselves for the Champs League final.

If it's a few potential bench-warmers playing they may put in the extra effort to try and convince Fergie they're worth a place in the first 11 or at least the bench.

Obviously if it's a bunch of youth/reserves with no hope of getting anywhere near the Champs League final it's all irrelevant.

United playing a weakened team may not be as bad a thing as you might think.

If the league is indeed sown up and Fergie puts out a strong team, most of them will treat it like an exhibition game and avoid anything too laborious as they won't want to injure themselves for the Champs League final.

Haha! I was just about to post the same thing.

This really could be a blessing in disguise.

• Backroom

Whats the odds that dirty bugger Charlie bloody Adam single handedly pulls Blackpool out the mire at another teams expense.

Probably, unbelievable that he hasn't been charged for that assualt on Bale

dont count on it.

its not right. and money isnt a punishment for a club like them.

for me. give fergie a 10 game touchline ban starting next season.. and if he does it again keep increasing it!

And there was me thinking it was a squad game nowadays

If he does he does .. if he doesn't he doesn't - as long as those players are registered what is he or any other team for that matter doing wrong.

Just because its against us it doesn't matter ... Wolves, Bpool etc - all where treated wrong.

As much as a pessimist as I am about Rovers I think I'm the only one who thinks we have a chance of winning and the least In think we will get the draw.

The only issue I worry about is the officials and the decisions going against us.

Doesn't make it right in the Prem leagues opinion either if fining Blackpool is the standard that they have set.

i agree. but fines wont hurt the big clubs.

they helped west ham stay up the other season... by fieding a very weak side they did the same at hull too, but got away with it, by winning with a gibson screamer.

i agree. but fines wont hurt the big clubs.

they helped west ham stay up the other season... by fieding a very weak side they did the same at hull too, but got away with it, by winning with a gibson screamer.

I watched that game, the red rats fielded a really poor side and played just as bad. The only thing was Hull were worse and could barely string two passes together all the match. How they didn't go down with a performance like that I'll never know. The thing was with the rats winning the pressure was off regarding fielding an "a" team. Can't see Blackpool playing that badly.

Look after yourselves and forget the rest!

Unfortunately, I don't think we will be capable in the last two games.

If Manure clinch the title against us, can anyone, in reality, blame them for fielding a weakened team versus Blackpool - we would do exactly the same in their position.

It's not about what anyone does in any one match or set of circumstances, it's what you do over 38 matches and, any team in the bottom three and relegated should not have any complaints. All three teams relegated will, no doubt, look back in anger at certain matches.

We have no excuses after blowing home matches with WHAM, Stoke, Newcastle, Blackpool, Birmingham etc.

I am as sick as the proverbial parrot but, regretfully, I think the fat lady is beginning to clear her throat.

Why not mention blowing points vs Bolton and Birmingham away and Fulham and Sunderland at home?

Simply because we were not in danger until the managerial change!

• Backroom

This is true but ulitmately points dropped at any time are as costly.

We can all agree that at the start of December we were going to be safe

This is true but ulitmately points dropped at any time are as costly.

We can all agree that at the start of December we were going to be safe

Given the lackl of quality in the team especially in the attacking third of the field we've never been "safe". Sacking Sam just made a difficult season much more difficult.

Simply because we were not in danger until the managerial change!

We were not in danger because we had half a season left despite sitting only one win above the drop zone.

The squad is so p*ss poor the present situation was always coming. It was just hastened 12 months by the managerial change. With the walker trust levels of investment we would have been in a real dogfight next season. Hopefully we can weather these next two games and take it from there. The summer is when we will see the true intentions (or lack of) of the owners.

We were not in danger because we had half a season left despite sitting only one win above the drop zone.

The squad is so p*ss poor the present situation was always coming. It was just hastened 12 months by the managerial change. With the walker trust levels of investment we would have been in a real dogfight next season. Hopefully we can weather these next two games and take it from there. The summer is when we will see the true intentions (or lack of) of the owners.

It wasn't coming this season. One win above the drop zone (I thought it was 5 points but I stand to be corrected) but as close to top 7 and after a succession of very difficult fixtures. We were all thinking we were abut to go on a better run when Sam got the chop.Couldn't have gone 2 more transfer windows without significant investment I agree or we would have been in real trouble next season. Instead we're in real trouble this season.

And once again, if the squad is so poor because of poor investment levels by the Walkers, that underlines what an outstanding job Sam was doing and how stupid were the morons screaming" 4-4-2" or booing when we were 3-0 up.

We were not in danger because we had half a season left and had a very good, experienced manager despite sitting only one win above the drop zone.

The squad is so p*ss poor the present situation might have happened but was avoided over the past 2 seasons because we had a very good, experienced manager. It was just hastened unnecessarily put at risk 12 months ago by the managerial change. With the walker trust levels of investment we would might have been in a real dogfight next season but it was unlikely because we had a very good, experienced manager. Hopefully we can weather these next two games and take it from there sack the present incumbent. The summer is when we will see the true intentions (or lack of) of the owners.

Reads alot better now.

Archived