BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

Even Sam could not have fought the fire forever. I expected about 15h this season under him, a massive scare next season and oblivion the year after.

He wouldn't have been here past this season thats for sure, had his eyes on foreign money.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Sam could not have fought the fire forever. I expected about 15h this season under him, a massive scare next season and oblivion the year after.

Thank you Mystic Meg. She was always wrong too.

It's unlikely that all the results will go our way but if two key matches do, we'd be essentially safe barring a massive goal swing.

West Ham to beat Wigan.

Bolton to Beat Blackpool.

Our game doesn't even matter (although getting something would be nice), these two are vital.

They would put us 3 points clear of all three with 8 and 9 goals better.

It's unlikely that all the results will go our way but if two key matches do, we'd be essentially safe barring a massive goal swing.

West Ham to beat Wigan.

Bolton to Beat Blackpool.

Our game doesn't even matter (although getting something would be nice), these two are vital.

They would put us 3 points clear of all three with 8 and 9 goals better.

I wish they'd all be playing at the same time rather than across 2 days because if Blackpool beat Bolton then west ham are down aren't they so they will not play as well

we only have ourselves to blame, if we get relegated. We need to stop complaining about what team United will play, because if we had picked up more points we wouldnt have been worried about what team SAF will put out.

In the event that Wigan (or Blackpool) won both their last 2 games, Wolves not winning at Sunderland tomorrow is also a needed result. This would mean that a draw on the last day would probably guarantee survival.

Should Wolves win tomorrow, a draw may not be enough ! :blink:

He wouldn't have been here past this season thats for sure, had his eyes on foreign money.

So what? You are obviously just attempting to chuck more mud. If someone had bid more when his contract ended then he could have gone, it's the way of the world, it's the way contracts should work and also a sign that he is highly rated by others. Can you see anybody chucking £4/5m pa toward your hero Steve Kean? Cos I ###### well can't.

So what? You are obviously just attempting to chuck more mud. If someone had bid more when his contract ended then he could have gone, it's the way of the world, it's the way contracts should work and also a sign that he is highly rated by others. Can you see anybody chucking £4/5m pa toward your hero Steve Kean? Cos I ###### well can't.

TheBig_Sam (posted yesterday)

"I'd like to formally announce I am withdrawing my application for the Liverpool FC job. I can do better."

Just about sums it up really.

They (whoever "they" are) wanted him so much they couldn't afford to pay the last year of his contract up and he has been unemployed since his departure from us (after we picked him up off the dole as our second choice. At this point he had already been unemployed for eleven months).

He's probably waiting for Wenger or SAF to retire eh?

The squad is so p*ss poor the present situation was always coming. It was just hastened 12 months by the managerial change. With the walker trust levels of investment we would have been in a real dogfight next season.

Why do you still use the term 'investment' in this context? In football it's not investment cos investment requires a return. Investing in football has become just an exercise in chucking good money after bad. I suggest the term 'Cash injection' is much more accurate than investment and should be adopted forthwith.

If I was the Walker Trust chucking in 3m per season I might well have continued with the cash injections ... but only after doubling the cost of admission and ST prices so that the supporters could make a valid contribution too instead of increasingly demanding subsidised admissions. They ended up subsidising the club and subsidising the supporters too and reallistically that could never continue. If somethings worth having it's worth paying for.

"I'd like to formally announce I am withdrawing my application for the Liverpool FC job. I can do better."

They (whoever "they" are) wanted him so much they couldn't afford to pay the last year of his contract up and he has been unemployed since his departure from us (after we picked him up off the dole as our second choice. At this point he had already been unemployed for eleven months).

Isn't the big sam a work of fiction? If so why are you quoting it as if it were factual? Or does that sum up the desperate level that you and yours have fallen to lately to justify continuing your irrational anti allardyce stance perhaps?

It certainly will be significant if we go down this season.

He could well have gone this summer, but at least he would've kept us up this season. We could then have found someone decent to replace him. No compo to pay out and no "making it up as you go along." And the new guy would've had time with the players before any matches.

Totally different scenario.

Isn't the big sam a work of fiction? If so why are you quoting it as if it were factual? Or does that sum up the desperate level that you and yours have fallen to lately to justify continuing your irrational anti allardyce stance perhaps?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody

There you go.

I suppose in your world a parody has no relation to the subject. Even though by definition it's based on the subject.

All irrelevant.

What is relevant is that Sam was perfect for club like Rovers (and Bolton) operating on a limited budget but having the nous and experience to get us punching better than the sum of our parts.

But you and the other blind men could never see this and still refuse to acknowledge it.

Just sums you up really.

All irrelevant.

What is relevant is that Sam was perfect for club like Rovers (and Bolton) operating on a limited budget but having the nous and experience to get us punching better than the sum of our parts.

But you and the other blind men could never see this and still refuse to acknowledge it.

Just sums you up really.

So perfect that he was planning his exit and he hopes that we are relegated.

A match made in heaven based on some of the posts on here.

All irrelevant.

Just sums you up really.

We all agree that Sam was fantastic in managing the club on a shoe-string budget. He did have us punching above our weight and was no doubt excellent for the club. However, once Venky's arrived, we were no longer required to manage the club on a tight budget.

For me, this is where it was all over for Sam. I would not trust Sam with a large budget because I'd dread to think how much of that would be wasted on Kevin Davies. Again agree with many that Kean may not have been the right man to replace him, nor the timing was correct. My point being, the sacking itself was correct, timing was just the problem for many people.

Many got fed up with his long ball style of football, and his lack of interest in away games. It had cost me roughly £100 to watch us at Old Trafford, and we were absolutely shocking. I felt humiliated and was lost for words. Many other away games were equally dire and frustrating due to the lack of tactical nous and stubborness more than anything, to change "his" style of play.

Are you on the same boat as me when I say the sacking was correct but the timing and replacement was inadequate?

Where's he said he hopes we are relegated ?

Who on here hopes we are relegated ?

You're getting increasingly desperate and looking more and more silly.

Are you on the same boat as me when I say the sacking was correct but the timing and replacement was inadequate?

Why was the sacking correct ? It was stupid and could not be justified on any level.

Why was the sacking correct ? It was stupid and could not be justified on any level.

From a personal point of view, I was fed up of his style of football. Some games at Ewood were just truly shocking to watch and I was sick and tired of it. No creativity, no plan B and plain boring. Only reason I kept watching was because I love the club. Away from Ewood, I spent thousands on going to watch them up and down the country and the lack of interest he showed was also irritating. When he put out a reserve side that rolled over against Liverpool. I paid £38 to watch that game exc. travel.

His style of play didn't suit me nor many other fans, that's why I believe he deserved to go. The timing was stupid, I agree, but the decision will be justified if we retain our PL status.

Did you enjoy watching his style of football?

Was Jack Walker justifed in sacking Don Mackay at the time?

I can;t remember I'm actually asking was too young but I thin I recall that it was not really fair on Don similar to Sam.

difference is Jack got in a great manager.

We all agree that Sam was fantastic in managing the club on a shoe-string budget. He did have us punching above our weight and was no doubt excellent for the club. However, once Venky's arrived, we were no longer required to manage the club on a tight budget.

By all accounts, in comparative terms, we still have low resources - £5 million a window and leasing is still overall not much when comparing with that other clubs spend.

Was Jack Walker justifed in sacking Don Mackay at the time?

difference is Jack got in a great manager.

Answer to 1) is yes. Players signed for Blackburn Rovers and Jack under Dalglish who refused to come under McKay. Newell being a case in point.

2) is a very good point. Maybe we'll have to see what happens in summer.

However, once Venky's arrived, we were no longer required to manage the club on a tight budget.

What on earth makes you think that?

From a personal point of view, I was fed up of his style of football. Some games at Ewood were just truly shocking to watch and I was sick and tired of it. No creativity, no plan B and plain boring. Only reason I kept watching was because I love the club. Away from Ewood, I spent thousands on going to watch them up and down the country and the lack of interest he showed was also irritating. When he put out a reserve side that rolled over against Liverpool. I paid £38 to watch that game exc. travel.

His style of play didn't suit me nor many other fans, that's why I believe he deserved to go. The timing was stupid, I agree, but the decision will be justified if we retain our PL status.

Did you enjoy watching his style of football?

How have away games been since?

Archived