BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

yes, but we are in a fight, irrespective of who the manager or owners are. its now down to the final game, we are by no means safe, but we can make sure of it with a win or draw at wolves. got to remain positive, its now all down to the players , management and those travelling to the game.

Don't get this wrong , I'm sure we'll be fine, but I'm sure in certain quite unlikely circumstances a draw at Wolves wouldn't be enough.

Whatever happens tomorrow, salvation will be in our own hands.

Win at Molyneux and we stay up- simoles.

Simoles ? Is that Maltese for Simples Phil ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a look at the tables

We are on 40 pts

Wolves can get 43 if they beat us

Big Club can get 45 if they win both games

B,pool can get 42 if the beat the red rats away

Wigan can get 42 if they win both their games

West Ham are gone as far as we're concerned.

Therefore a point at Wolves mathematically may not be enough for either us or Wolves.

Absolutely not! I work hard but also play feckin hard !

Rovers have been a big part of my life for getting on 50 years and like many, it's incredibly cutting to have experienced what we have over the last six months.

You keep throwing out this 50yrs line, if thats got any truth to it whatsoever, you'll have witnessed far worse seasons, players and matches than you're currently doing.

Why not post something positive or truthful for once, if not you'll be getting banned again mercerman :rock:

I agree with what Sav said on radio 5 a few mins ago. If Wigan win tomorrow then I think we will be in trouble but if they draw or lose then I think we will be ok.

I have had enough of this season. Can't wait till its over.

Fergie just said that he will be fair to the other teams in the league and not put in a half arsed side with little effort.

Thats cos if he'd said anything else he'd have been in trouble. On the plus side I cant ever envisage Fergy ducking a match at OT.

IF West Ham beat Wigan tomorrow then that gaurantees 2 cannot catch us.....it also means Wolves HAVE to beat us for us to go down. A draw and they stay below us.

Blackpool also need to win to overtake us.

I also think Fulham could do us a big favour tomorrow.

WH can only get 39 points and would have to win handsomely twice, and hope B'ham let in a few in getting beat twice, to stay up. WH are gone and I can see them failing to turn up at Wigan. Wigan to win for me, and if B'ham beat Fulham, it really is oil your kecks next week. In 1995 when it was all on the last day, I went for a walk over Whalley Nab to avoid all TV and radio and we won the title, should I do the same?

WH can only get 39 points and would have to win handsomely twice, and hope B'ham let in a few in getting beat twice, to stay up. WH are gone and I can see them failing to turn up at Wigan. Wigan to win for me, and if B'ham beat Fulham, it really is oil your kecks next week. In 1995 when it was all on the last day, I went for a walk over Whalley Nab to avoid all TV and radio and we won the title, should I do the same?

Yes, go for your walk (We need anything we can get!)

p.s. I also think Wigan will draw against WH...

Hell yes!

I booked a ticket for Wolves hoping it would have been done and dusted and we would'nt need anything from that game, I'm not looking forward to next week now, im not good with pressure at all, bad nerves make me fart like crazy I dont envy my mates travelling with me in the car :blush:

• Backroom

I think there are twists and turns to come.

Come next Sunday, as all the games progress, I think you will see us in the bottom three at some stage.

Wouldn't like to put money on where we end-up though.

As I've already said in one thread, the bitter irony would be if we fall into the bottom three for the first time this season and don't get out.

It seems every week you make a prediction and every week you are wrong, if I were you I'd cut it out for a while and try and claw back a shred of credibility.

Of course one week you'll be right and harp on about it non stop but so far it's impending doom weekly.

A win or at least a draw for West Ham tomorrow takes on monumental importance now for us. At least then we know a point at Wolves is definitely enough.

God knows what will happen if Wigan win tomorrow. I still can't see Blackpool winning at OT but after that it's anyone's guess.

West Ham are only gone in our and Wolves case they could still theoretically pip Wigan, Blackpool and Big Club at this moment. Of course if Big Club even get a point tomorrow they are definitely going to be one of the three relegated teams.

A win or at least a draw for West Ham tomorrow takes on monumental importance now for us. At least then we know a point at Wolves is definitely enough.

God knows what will happen if Wigan win tomorrow. I still can't see Blackpool winning at OT but after that it's anyone's guess.

Grr, no we don't ! Blackpool are on 39 points now, if they win at Old Trafford they'd have 42. We have 40 now, a point at Wolves would give us and Wolves 41.

I've just got this horrible horrible feeling that we're going down. I hate to say it but I have this nagging feeling that we're gonna buckle at Wolves now and other teams will get the required points. I was fairly positive before today but after seeing Wolves and Blackpool winning it just leaves you with that feeling that all that can go wrong will go wrong. Brum and Wigan are likely to win tomorrow and you could quite easily see a United team already on holiday lose to Blackpool.

For the love of God I hope I'm wrong. In corporate hospitality for the Wolves game with my boss and not sure he'd like to see a grown man cry.

But then wolves, Wigan and west ham would be below us!

No , Wigan can still win both their games and by doing so go above us and Wolves.

I've just got this horrible horrible feeling that we're going down. I hate to say it but I have this nagging feeling that we're gonna buckle at Wolves now and other teams will get the required points. I was fairly positive before today but after seeing Wolves and Blackpool winning it just leaves you with that feeling that all that can go wrong will go wrong. Brum and Wigan are likely to win tomorrow and you could quite easily see a United team already on holiday lose to Blackpool.

For the love of God I hope I'm wrong. In corporate hospitality for the Wolves game with my boss and not sure he'd like to see a grown man cry.

You could always grow a pair before next Sunday. It'll be "March or die" then. Sorry that's the legion. "Who dares wins ".

No , Wigan can still win both their games and by doing so go above us and Wolves.

If you'd bothered reading my post properly before getting so uppity you'll see I said it was vital WHU get at least a point tomorrow THEN we know a point would be enough!

(Because we'd have a better GD than Wolves)

I'm looking forward to United getting a fine from the FA when they field a reserve side against Blackpool. The irony that it is agaonst Blackpool is palpable. No doubt Hollowhead will be up in arms! :rolleyes:

If you'd bothered reading my post properly before getting so uppity you'll see I said it was vital WHU get at least a point tomorrow THEN we know a point would be enough!

(Because we'd have a better GD than Wolves)

Sorry.

Here's a few thinngs to cheer you up then. West Ham have booked and paid for 34 coaches to bring plenty of support. ( Maybe the directors will turn up as well )

Just 1 of the 11 league games between these two has ended in a draw.

W'ham have only lost 1 of the 9 games against teams in the current bottom 6.

Wigan have kept only 1 clean sheet in the last 19 games.

Champagne Charlie Nzogbia is rated as doubtful.

You could always grow a pair before next Sunday. It'll be "March or die" then. Sorry that's the legion. "Who dares wins ".

What's with the insult? Nothing wrong with my "pair" Tyrone. I said I hope my negativity is misplaced, just given the way the season's panned out I fear for the worst. As I say, I'm praying I'm wrong.

Let's see where we are after tomorrow.

Just on the United v bpool conspiracy theory, have some of you not stopped to think that Uniteds fringe players will be looking for places on the bench for the Champions league final? They’ll be out to impress.

Old Whiskey nose wants to win every game and I’m extremely confident bpool won’t get anything from old Trafford next week.

Archived