BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

This is the big risk. They will know that the game is virtually up for them and if news filters through that Brum are 1 or 2 up against Fulham then they might not even bother at all. By all accounts, Wigan are a 'close' camp whilst we heard all about the lack of harmony in WHAM's before they played us. Whelan is a canny bloke and it would not surprise me at all if he hasn't chucked £5 million on the table and simply said "right lads, 2 wins and it's yours".

'it would not surprise me' should be your sig, excellent use of assertion but no evidence whatsoever that it happened, you could equally say the Raos have done the same thing!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But not going to happen. There are very strict reward structures and rules that this would break and the club would be penalised massivly.

A no brainer!

I do hope then that Rovers have been whiter than white in the last six months !!!

Whelan is looking to sell Wigan. He knows that he can protect his 'investment' better if they are in the PL and he will be far less likely to have to dig deeper into his pockets.

Cost of £5m or the loss of tens of millions next season and possibly for years to come.

A no brainer!

Your scattergun technique of throwing out assertions will one day help you to achieve your goal of being able to type 'I told you so' Mercerman.

Just keep at it buddy.

Nice incentive for Birmingham today, win at home and they stay up - playing a team with nothing to play for too.

Nothing to play for?

Most clubs like us, Fulham, Stoke etc have bonuses attached to finishing in the top 10.

Win today and they go up to 8th from 11th, which could be worth £2.5m extra to them.....I doubt the owner or Mark Hughes see it as 'nothing to play for'.

Nothing to play for?

Most clubs like us, Fulham, Stoke etc have bonuses attached to finishing in the top 10.

Win today and they go up to 8th from 11th, which could be worth £2.5m extra to them.....I doubt the owner or Mark Hughes see it as 'nothing to play for'.

Calm, I should have said little to play for apart from additional money - slightly different compared with playing a team who are fighting to stay up. I was looking at it from the Brum perspective. If we were playing Fulham at home and knew we a win would keep us up then I am sure we would really fancy it.

Let's hope that potential 8th place finish inspires the Fulham players to a victory or draw....

Hahaha, That B'pool fan is a man after my own heart. But he did not factor in the chances of United losing at home, which, based on this season's stats, are zero.

Utd certainly won't want to lose at home. After all you get presented with the trophy than lose just a week before the Champions' League final? Unlikely that They will allow that to happen. i know they have lost before on the last day but then they've usually had the trophy in the bag for a while and have basically been on the beach. As has been said before they will all want to boost their chances of at least making the bench against Barca, and, although strange things do happen at the end of the season, it's rahter more unlikely than likely. I don't say they can't lose, but it would be a very odd day if they did, even with a pretty much second string team out there.

Nice to see Sky getting in to the spirit of the nailbiting relegation battle this afternoon.

After watching Chelsea V Newcastle and Arsenal V Villa I'm sure things will be a lot clearer!!!

:angry2:

I've just posted similar in the OPLH thread. If we'd have won yesterday it might have been more significant. I guess the Chelsea draw makes the Arsenal match somewhat important (to Arsenal and Chelsea fans) but surely there are a lot more fans interested in the Wigan - West Ham game.

Although presumably Arsenal and Chelsea fans are more important in the eyes of the (London-based) "national" media.

Although presumably Arsenal and Chelsea fans are more important in the eyes of the (London-based) "national" media.

There are many more fans of Arsenal and Chelsea than there are of Wigan or West Ham and also many more neutrals would rather watch Arsenal and Chelsea than West Ham or Wigan. If you took out the possibilty of watching West Ham go down then you would include me in this also.

There are many more fans of Arsenal and Chelsea than there are of Wigan or West Ham and also many more neutrals would rather watch Arsenal and Chelsea than West Ham or Wigan. If you took out the possibilty of watching West Ham go down then you would include me in this also.

Surely adding together the fans of West Ham, Wigan, Blackburn, Wolves and even Birmingham will have one eye on it. Plus neutrals. Should be a reasonable number.

Oh yes, forgot Blackpool.

• Backroom

That's the stuff, a draw there would be decent enough so there's a hope of that now

Still expecting Brum and Wigan to win and us to have to do it ourselves

Archived