BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Brum lose and I think we are save as they'll get nowt at Spurs and I can't see both Wigan & B'pool getting wins on the last day.

Agree with you there, Brum have won at WHL before but it's tough to go there although at the minute there are random results everywhere.

I have no doubt that Hughes will have them pumped up after their 5-2 loss against Liverpool, I just hope they don't pull a Rovers and sit back for 80 minutes now

get in 1-0 West Ham

£8.5m well spent on Kalinic & Chimbonda, btw. Don't get me wrong, Sam made some coups here, but I don't buy this pledge that he'd spend our cash wisely and transform our playing style.

Not really the point though. The point was he surely deserved before the chance under those new conditions and expectations. Instead of being sacked for the guy collecting the bibs at the end of training.

• Backroom

At this moment things are perfect for us it's just a shame it's 16:12 and not 17:45, there will be more goals in those games

Full time like that would be amazing though as to go down we'd have to get beat along with both Blackpool and Birminham winning to send us down, even Mercer would be confident at that.

Not really the point though. The point was he surely deserved before the chance under those new conditions and expectations. Instead of being sacked for the guy collecting the bibs at the end of training.

What if the plan which secured the bid for Venky's was to buy younger players and "lease" more experienced ones?

Sam might have taken offence to this.

Nobody knows.

Spurs also winning, which is good for us as it will take the battle for 5th place and a place in Europe to the last day. Making Birmingham's visit to WHL that much more difficult.

I don't buy this Redknapp guff about not wanting to be in the Europa League. It was convenient how he only came out with that when it looked like they might completely miss out.

Redknapp knows that being in the Europa League is the LEAST he expected to provide at Tottenham.

So far, the results today couldn't be going any better.

What if the plan which secured the bid for Venky's was to buy younger players and "lease" more experienced ones?

Sam might have taken offence to this.

Nobody knows.

That seems reasonable enough to anyone, including no doubt Sam. Fact is though, that only Diouf was loaned out and that was supposedly down to him being furious at the Sam sacking.

Irregardless of that, the decision to sack Sam without a clue who to replace him with is the most ridiculous part of the whole thing. If they had had somebody lined up, as even Newcastle did when they sacked their manager, it might just have worked.

Archived