BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, we have a reasonable idea of what's needed next wekk.

Assuming that Wigan don't score three goals today, then Blackpool not winning at OT, or rovers getting a point at Wolves will see us safe.

I feel very uncomfortable about the idea of going to Wolves to get a draw. Do we really see Rovers playing for a draw without conceding?

I feel very uncomfortable about the idea of going to Wolves to get a draw. Do we really see Rovers playing for a draw without conceding?

We're not good enough to go for a draw Paul. We have to go and play 4-5-1 but be positive and go all out for the win.

• Backroom

Let's be honest either way you would rather be us than Blackpool or Wigan even if they win today, both of those teams actually need something to survive, we can get beat and still survive whereas they have no margin for error.

If we both need a draw then I wouldn't mind 90 minutes like the last 10 yesterday :blush:

So, we have a reasonable idea of what's needed next wekk.

Assuming that Wigan don't score three goals today, then Blackpool not winning at OT, or rovers getting a point at Wolves will see us safe.

Or if the score stays the same at Brum, Brum not winning at Spurs next week.

It would be lovely to see Blackpool stay up.

As for the comments about chasing the game yesterday, it's all right being wise with the benefit of hindsight but it's a case of "There but for the grace of God etc"

Doubt even Mercerman could find the negatives from those HT scores.

Come on! :tu:

The positive for WHU is that they have the likes of Parker, Upson and Cole on the bench and Wigan have also been all over the place at the back on the limited times that WHU have put any pressure on them.

I nervous half ahead for all concerned I suspect.

We're not good enough to go for a draw Paul. We have to go and play 4-5-1 but be positive and go all out for the win.

Exactly how I see it. We have to go for a win and settle for a draw. :)

If the scores stay this way then at least I will be feeling confident, because it means that there is only one scenario that would see us relegated.

Wolves beat us

Blackpool win at Old Trafford

Birmingham win at White Hart Lane

And that's it (Short of us losing by 7, in which case both Birmingham and Blackpool get past us with draws). If any of those things don't happen, we're safe.

Now, let's hope the games finish the way they are now...

• Backroom

You can see whats coming at St Andrews, Fulham apparently missing chance after chance, only a matter of time till Brum equalise, bet it's bloody Derbyshire as well

EDIT See whatever Mercerman can do I can do better!

Archived