BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitiful effort from West Ham to get relegated with that squad of players.

Still, they should have gone years ago when an offside Tevez handled the ball, preventing it crossing the line and got a goal for his troubles.

If 2 of Wigan, Brum and Blackpool both win away?

Not impossible but unlikely

Stoke were out on their feet yesterday and will likely have a few injuries. Couple that with Stoke having nothing to play for and Wigan could well win that one.

Blackpool at Man U - remember Wham winning there on the last day of the season to stay up?

Stoke were out on their feet yesterday and will likely have a few injuries. Couple that with Stoke having nothing to play for and Wigan could well win that one.

Blackpool at Man U - remember Wham winning there on the last day of the season to stay up?

Yes. But it's still unlikely. West Ham had Tevez.

ok to get relegated now and providing we lose to Wolves - 2 out of Birmingham, Blackpool and Wigan have to WIN their final game, a draw will only get them level with us and our goal difference will win

Birmingham play Spurs away

Blackpool play Man Utd away

Wigan play Stoke away

Not one of them has an easy game, not to say there wont be a surprise result in amongst that lot, god its going to be one nerve racking day

Rovers beat Wolves: We stay up

Rovers draw with Wolves: We stay up unless Blackpool beat Man U away and Brum beat Spurs away and Wigan beat Stoke away.

Rovers lose to Wolves: We stay up unless two of Blackpool, Brum and Wigan win their games.

There are more permutations, but they all involve us losing to Wolves by 6+ goals and the teams below us getting past us with draws, hardly likely.

Spurs will probably need to win to get 5th spot, Stoke will want to come back after their cup final loss and you never know with United on the last game of the season after they've been crowned champions

but none of that is going to matter as we'll win anyway

Spurs winning today could be crucial - they are now in control to finish 5th & play Big Club next week.

I fear that Stoke will be there for the taking after their FA Cup heartbreak - Wigan to get something there I suspect.

Man U ? Their reserves are good enough to win a Champions League semi final.....but are they good enough to hold out Blackpool ? Draw for me.

Conceivable we could stay up even with a defeat next week....

• Backroom

Not confident at all now my only consolation is that I'm happier in our position than any other of the teams down there (apart from possibly Wolves)

You can guarantee at least one of the teams down there will get a win on the last day, 2 and we are in big trouble.

I think we will lose and it feels horrible to have to hope other teams don't win

Brum losing is crucial, for us to go down all Brum, Wigan and Blackpool all have to win and we have to lose to Wolves.

Thank you Kamy for being the man of logic in a sea of insanity. I would suggest everyone takes a look at the odds you would get on Brum, Wigan and Blackpool ALL winning next week before you tie the noose to the nearest tree!!!

Stoke also have a game mid week against City

Archived