Stoke 1-2 Wigan

United 1-1 Blackpool

Rovers 0-2 Wolves

I reckon. Does that send us down?

No that would see us just safe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely need Stoke to do us a favour then. Spurs WILL beat Brum, I'm sure of it. United WILL let Pool get ATLEAST a point. Wigans win today makes them favourites in my books.

So in conclusion, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Backroom

This would be fascinating if we weren't involved, if a few of those teams lose last week it could be down to who loses by the most goals looking how tight a few of the teams goal difference is!

Wigan have the momentum but they may feel they have done enough already.

I think I'll be watching United Vs Blackpool rather than our game but after Wigans comeback today we can't feel comfortable in any game until the final whistle.

Can't see Birmingham getting anything from Spurs because they are still in the battle for 5th with Liverpool and need to win to guarantee the Europa League place. Wigan will play a knackered Stoke team on a high and could easily get a win at the Britannia. So it may come down to Blackpool beating Manchester United at Old Trafford. On the one hand, Man United have wrapped up the league title and will be concentrating on the CL final next week, could play the reserves (which of course the FA would do sod all about); but on the other hand they will want to make the title win look as convincing as possible (a Chelsea win today would have be good for us in that funny sort of way) but more importantly they have an unbeaten home record to play for.

That is of course only if we are beaten at Wolves. If we draw then Brum, Blackpool and Wigan would all have to win.

Just realized a draw or defeat is the same for us.

Makes it simpler. We should just go for the win.

No - if we draw we will finish above Wolves - meaning we would only need one of either Blackpool, Wigan or Birmingham not to win.

The Wolves match is now very interesting - they have home advantage, but on the balance of probability they need to win more than we do. Though nothing has been certain about this season for any team.

Stoke: nothing really to play for except a top half finish.

Man Utd: nothing to play for in the league and every reason to rest. Some hope: fringe players wanting a CL final berth, show for the fans and a bit of pride. But they have previous.

Spurs: can finish 5th with a win. A draw means Liverpool could steal the UEFA cup spot. Harry is open about not being fussed though? Might even be off to manage England. Comes down to final home game and pride.

Wolves: a draw for the worse than for us.

Wigan: full of confidence and momentum after today's drama.

Birmingham: probably the weakest of all candidates. Relying on a shock.

Blackpool: plucky, had some away success and relegation won't hurt or break-up the team. Perhaps the most relaxed.

Rovers: Steve Kean thinks that Keith Andrews is the man to save us. Relying on not losing key players this week. If we go down now, we will definitely deserve it.

But still very worried.

Someone almost certainly needs to find a venue that has no phone signal, no radio, no television, with locks on the door, and beer. That way we can all meet up and await in silence until after 4:45.

Couldn't bear it - been to the pub for tea and just seen the results.

I think it's fantastic - Brum losing was the big result.

Expect us to lose next week but stay-up on goal difference.

Spuds / Brum 4-1 (39 -23 : Relegated)

Stoke / Wigan 1-3 (42 -20 : Safe - great news for Whelan, a great friend to 'old' Rovers)

Man U / Pool 1-1 (40 -21 : Relegated, sadly, on goal diff.)

Wolves / Rovers 3-1 (40 -16 : Safe by the skin of our teeth)

Next Sunday will be simply unbearable.

Not sad for WHAM to go down after Tevezgate etc but likely to see an old friend lose his job as a result, so mixed feelings.

Latest relegation odds:

Blackpool 4/11 3/10 1/4 1/3 1/4 1/5 4/11 2/5

Wigan Athletic 4/5 8/11 4/11 4/6 8/11 8/11 4/5 4/5

Birmingham City --- 5/6 5 8/11 1/1 8/11 9/10 17/20

Wolves --- 6 11/8 9 6 8 11/2 13/2

Rovers --- 15/2 9/2 11 7 8 8 17/2

So, anyone going to put a bet on us at 17/2? :rolleyes:

Latest relegation odds:

Blackpool 4/11 3/10 1/4 1/3 1/4 1/5 4/11 2/5

Wigan Athletic 4/5 8/11 4/11 4/6 8/11 8/11 4/5 4/5

Birmingham City --- 5/6 5 8/11 1/1 8/11 9/10 17/20

Wolves --- 6 11/8 9 6 8 11/2 13/2

Rovers --- 15/2 9/2 11 7 8 8 17/2

So, anyone going to put a bet on us at 17/2? :rolleyes:

11/1 on skybet!

Someone almost certainly needs to find a venue that has no phone signal, no radio, no television, with locks on the door, and beer. That way we can all meet up and await in silence until after 4:45.

I would be there......Probably for a few days if the beer lasted.

I bought a ticket for Wolves though thinking we would be safe by then, gonna have to buy some immodium or something because my arse cant stand this.

We go into the last game favourites to stay up, but I think it will be the teams that handle the nerves and pressure who will stay up.

You can guarantee Stoke's fans will not allow their team to lie down. Spurs are battling for 5th. United have nothing to play for, but even if they play some reserves those players will have the incentive of a champs league place to battle for.

Birminghams result is key really today - it means 3 clubs have to win for us to go down, as long as we dont lose.

Our future is in our hands - go out positive against Wolves and try to score, but without overcommitting.

Archived