BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If things go start going badly that's when we look to change the game. I wouldn't want to already be losing if it turns out we need to win, which wouldn't be unlikely if we change our system to 4-4-2 at the outset.

Completely disagree. If you're having to try and change things round after an hour or more and chase it, you're making it too difficult for yourself and it's probably too late by then.

Completely disagree. If you're having to try and change things round after an hour or more and chase it, you're making it too difficult for yourself and it's probably too late by then.

But your said we could change it from 4-4-2 and shut up shop if we don't need to win.

It's exactly the same.

If Wigan and West Ham draw that will mean them 2 can't catch us (barring a huge turn around in GD). That would then mean Blackpool MUST win at OT. United haven't lost their all season so I'm hoping that trend continues.

Speaking to a United fan, he expects the following team to be played by Fergie.

Amos

Fabio Smalling Evan O'shea/Brown(if fit)

Nani Fletcher Gibson Anderson

Berbatov Owen

Seems a good enough squad to beat Blackpool.

It's not the size of the dog in a fight that matters it's the amount of fight in the dog. That would represent a weakened MU team imo and that would surely be viewed very dimly by the Prem. Or is it a case of all teams being equal except some teams are more equal than others? <_<

Anyway Fergy would never dare do that cos I'd be amazed if Holloway seeing a weakened MU turn out next week didn't kick up a massive fuss and object wholeheartedly and loudly given the fine that he received for the self same offence. :rolleyes:

Avram Grant has been sacked.

I bet hes over the moon to be rid of those idiots that run the club, couldn’t have happened to 3 better individuals.

Sacking the guy whilst the team are 200 miles from home? classless t*****s.

Correct. But were at home and we did lose.

I was about to add ..........and Bolton. :P

It's not the same at all imo switching things round from a position of strength, to trying to do it when time and the scoreline are both against you.

It's the same argument as yesterday. If we KNEW for certain a point on Sunday would be enough your argument would be stronger. But we have no control over events elsewhere.

It's not the size of the dog in a fight that matters it's the amount of fight in the dog. That would represent a weakened MU team imo and that would surely be viewed very dimly by the Prem. Or is it a case of all teams being equal except some teams are more equal than others? <_<

Anyway Fergy would never dare do that cos I'd be amazed if Holloway seeing a weakened MU turn out next week didn't kick up a massive fuss and object wholeheartedly and loudly given the fine that he received for the self same offence. :rolleyes:

I can really imagine that scenario it would be typical Holloway.

West Brom would have been down there too if had not been for Odemwingie's 15 goals this season, considering they paid 1 mill for him it makes a 6 mill for Kalinic a real joke.

Not sad for WHAM to go down after Tevezgate etc but likely to see an old friend lose his job as a result, so mixed feelings.

Bit sad that Sheff Utd got relegated. The fixture between SU and WHU at Bramall lane would have provided quite an 'emotional' affair for the supporters.

Just had a look at the table and this is what I've made of it to give me some confidence.

Wigan have to beat Stoke away. Stoke have only lost 4 at home, winning 10 games, whereas Wigan have only won 3 away from home.

Blackpool have to beat United away. United have not lost all season at Old Trafford.

Birmingham have to beat Spurs. Spurs have only lost one game this season at home. Birmingham have only won 2 away games this season, the joint least with West Ham.

Confident?

Nightmare! - useless wockney cankers! I don't think you'd get any odds on Grant being the next manager to leave now!

Quite prophetic Simon. I bet even you didn't think he'd had his throat slit as you typed.

Just had a look at the table and this is what I've made of it to give me some confidence.

Wigan have to beat Stoke away. Stoke have only lost 4 at home, winning 10 games, whereas Wigan have only won 3 away from home.

Blackpool have to beat United away. United have not lost all season at Old Trafford.

Birmingham have to beat Spurs. Spurs have only lost one game this season at home. Birmingham have only won 2 away games this season, the joint least with West Ham.

Confident?

I'm confident... not as confident as I was in the 93rd minute of the Ham Sandwich-Wiggles match but thank you for posting this.

Samba and Hoilett are key to the Wolves match. Anybody know the extent of their injuries?

This is a big point, Wolves play using wingers to feed Fletcher, we need Samba to counter Fletcher and Hoillets pace to counter.

A lot of talk about Doyle returning, I hope he does because Fletcher is on form and I dont want an ex dingle sending us down.

Archived