BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant manager

Iceman

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone with 'sources' actually know whether a press conference has been announced? Surely something like this announcement would be planned beforehand and someone other than Steve Kean should know whether or not it will actually be revealed on time?

Very sceptical about ANY timeframes coming from the club atm I'm sorry to say.

Does anyone with 'sources' actually know whether a press conference has been announced? Surely something like this announcement would be planned beforehand and someone other than Steve Kean should know whether or not it will actually be revealed on time?

Very sceptical about ANY timeframes coming from the club atm I'm sorry to say.

Steve Kean confirmed that they would be announced on Monday, I see no reason why he would make this up, absolutely nothing to gain.

No timeframes have ever been given for transfers if that what you are refering to.Kean announced that he hoped to have 2 in before the QPR game, never said there would be, and yes he did say they hoped to have the transfer's all sorted as early as possible, but he is hardly going to say we want to do them all last minute.

Steve Kean confirmed that they would be announced on Monday, I see no reason why he would make this up, absolutely nothing to gain.

No timeframes have ever been given for transfers if that what you are refering to.Kean announced that he hoped to have 2 in before the QPR game, never said there would be, and yes he did say they hoped to have the transfer's all sorted as early as possible, but he is hardly going to say we want to do them all last minute.

I think you will find there could be a link with the assistant manager and a signing or two!

probably nobody will be unveiled tomorrow, despite Kean saying so. rather tired at this crap now. why not just unveil somebody, without saying anything before the time.

Please provide a link to where Steve Kean has said it will definitely be announced tomorrow.

Getting equally tired of people accusing him of saying things he hasn't actually said.

Is there a link?

The interview I watched is on Rovers Player and he suggests there will be an annoucement tomorrow.

Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean expects to name an assistant manager in the next 72 hours. In a sure sign Kean has Venky's full backing, the Scot yesterday revealed that the appointment of an assistant manager will "almost definitely happen" on Monday.

I agree obviously he's not going to say 'last minute' but why say we'll probably have a couple in before QPR when from what it sounds like we're a mile from finalising anything. All that is doing is firing up the fans with hope, followed by disappointment, followed by resentment. I'm not saying we should rush now and get 10 below average players in to try and prove we have money or pulling power or whatever, I think we should be patient and only sign when the deal looks attractive to the club, and as much as I'm hoping that WILL happen over January, I think we may have to settle for some more average buys and wait 'til summer. What I do object to however, is the constant chin-wagging of anyone close to the club telling fans they're nearly done with 2-3 signings. If the gossip pages say it then you hope to take it with a pinch of salt but when the manager himself is saying it you just feel cheated.

I'm willing to give Steve Kean a chance, I'd love him to be successful, and I have faith in him to make the right moves in the transfer market. But this PR problem is huge, and it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later. Talk when you need to talk, keep quiet for everything else.

Just hoping by the end of Feb everyone will be able to see a positive side to Rovers and not this negative image that seems to have been blasted all over the media. It could start with the Assistant Manager, please appoint the right one. And PLEASE don't keep us waiting longer than was promised Steve and we will KEEP THE FAITH!!

Well the positivity can start with us, then, Roverdale.

As far as Steve is concerned, he has done his bit by identifying targets and handing the list over to John Williams for the next steps to be taken.

Regarding the communication and PR issues - hopefully those will be resolved when Mrs Desai visits later this month.

I agree obviously he's not going to say 'last minute' but why say we'll probably have a couple in before QPR when from what it sounds like we're a mile from finalising anything. All that is doing is firing up the fans with hope, followed by disappointment, followed by resentment. I'm not saying we should rush now and get 10 below average players in to try and prove we have money or pulling power or whatever, I think we should be patient and only sign when the deal looks attractive to the club, and as much as I'm hoping that WILL happen over January, I think we may have to settle for some more average buys and wait 'til summer. What I do object to however, is the constant chin-wagging of anyone close to the club telling fans they're nearly done with 2-3 signings. If the gossip pages say it then you hope to take it with a pinch of salt but when the manager himself is saying it you just feel cheated.

I'm willing to give Steve Kean a chance, I'd love him to be successful, and I have faith in him to make the right moves in the transfer market. But this PR problem is huge, and it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later. Talk when you need to talk, keep quiet for everything else.

Just hoping by the end of Feb everyone will be able to see a positive side to Rovers and not this negative image that seems to have been blasted all over the media. It could start with the Assistant Manager, please appoint the right one. And PLEASE don't keep us waiting longer than was promised Steve and we will KEEP THE FAITH!!

The point about all this surely is that if Steve Kean says there'll "hopefully" or "almost definitely" be two new players or an assistant manager by a certain date but it doesn't actually happen until two or three days later it matters not a jot.

Yet people are hopping about like it's the end of the world.

If those new signings or assistant manager fail to materialise altogether, then yes, that's a different matter entirely.

Thats a great post Roverdale, I have been critical of the new owners and also critical of the appointment of Steve Kean, not that Kean himself has done anything wrong, simply he should not have been given the opportunity in the first place, that to me is political and not football related, however, he has not done too badly and am prepared to see how things pan out during the 'window' and the next few games. I would also say that a long term contract is foolish at this stage, unneccessary and if his tenure was unsuccessful, we have a huge chunk of money to pay out his contract!!

The PR dfoes need sorting and we should refrain from making statements which are contradictory and ones which dont happen, if we do that, we have a greater chance of uniting the supporters and the club.

Archived