BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

You obviously have not watched Real this season Jim, they have been playing excellent football and have been pretty on the eye, Jose reverted to defensive tactics for Barcelona

Because he knew RM couldn't out football Barca. That's the whole point. The Anti Sams on here thought we had the squad to out football most Pl teams. Kean and the change of tactics have proven they were wrong.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean and the change of tactics have proven they were wrong.

Very wrong indeed - it is clear when watching our players we dreadfully lack attacking quality, just look at our midfield and strikers. When watching games it actually makes me shudder sometimes watching us try and pass the ball around, very rarely do we look threatening. Junior obviously looks good currently however 1 player does not make a team.

Some of our recent goals have been as a result of a more direct approach, funny that.

We don't even have anyone who can take decent set pieces (or cross the ball accurately) at the moment.

How could you possibly enjoy watching Wigan put four goals past us? I mean - Wigan, C'mon. Seems to me you're using a 20 minute period in one game to prove points.

Then you criticise Sam's away record, but accept a defeat at Wigan because of a 20 minute spell.

Just pure bias.

nah. not really den. i was rushing posting and shouldve made clear. parson said he didnt see man united beating us 7-0 as a humiliation but the performance at wigan was.

i repeat. wigan away was the best away display is years.

i accepted a 4-3 defeat far easier than i did the humilations under sam.. we showed fight and couldve nicked a point, something we never did under sam...

when we didnt have a gameplan for once we went a goal back and never looked like scoring in the games.

its a fact that up until blackpool at home that we hadnt fought back in any game for 2years.

also against birmingham at home we came back for a point.

also but for a dodgy pen at fulham, we wouldve had a point, and meant we had comeback there twice.

we also showed fight last week at everton. at arsenal... something we never did under sam. 2 down in the 1st few mminutes in 1 game i was at and lost 6-2 the season after.

once again. people who went to the away games under sam,more than just an odd northwest trip, are bound to have a different perspective, than those who watch an internet stream, listen to the radio or watch highlights.

thats not a critisism or those who dont attend away games, just stating an obvious reason.

ALSO DID SOMEONE COMPARE WATCHING ROVERS UNDER SAM TO THE WAY REAL MADRID PLAY ?

im not going to discuss the obvious gulf in class of players.

they might play direct when needed, but they have gameplans etc.. to win games.

we didnt win many under sam, also

real dont have a record comparable to big sam's do they ??

You're missing the point as usual - Mourinho and Allardyce both set up their teams not to lose.

didnt work for sam did it jim, repeatedly lost without a whimper.

Is that right, I didn't know that, speaks volumes.

yeah 100% fact. but if you listen to most of our fans on here. nobody minded us getting hammered away cos we were bound to pick up points at home! :wacko:

Allardyce (nothing to to his name) was better for Rovers than Souness?????

I've heard it all now.

Aren't we still reaping the rewards from the rebuilding job Souness did in 1999?

Correct me if I am wrong. But didn't Souness scrape us off the floor in the Championship and win a league cup to make him the 2nd most successful Rovers manager since 1928?

You're missing the point as usual - Mourinho and Allardyce both set up their teams not to lose.

AYE IT WORKED SO WELL AT UTD DIDNT IT? GLAD HE DIDNT SET UP FOR A WIN THEN. :wstu:

Allardyce (nothing to to his name) was better for Rovers than Souness?????

I've heard it all now.

Aren't we still reaping the rewards from the rebuilding job Souness did in 1999?

Correct me if I am wrong. But didn't Souness scrape us off the floor in the Championship and win a league cup to make him the 2nd most successful Rovers manager since 1928?

theres alot of slug brain washing happened and the facts have all been twisted.(look where we are now shout back the sammmettes..was the venkys who appointed the brew lad we shout back..your not a fan they shout back..)..mind you the self confessed expert is better suited for madrid or barca dont forgot :P

nah. not really den. i was rushing posting and shouldve made clear. parson said he didnt see man united beating us 7-0 as a humiliation but the performance at wigan was.

i repeat. wigan away was the best away display is years.

i accepted a 4-3 defeat far easier than i did the humilations under sam.. we showed fight and couldve nicked a point, something we never did under sam...

when we didnt have a gameplan for once we went a goal back and never looked like scoring in the games.

its a fact that up until blackpool at home that we hadnt fought back in any game for 2years.

also against birmingham at home we came back for a point.

also but for a dodgy pen at fulham, we wouldve had a point, and meant we had comeback there twice.

we also showed fight last week at everton. at arsenal... something we never did under sam. 2 down in the 1st few mminutes in 1 game i was at and lost 6-2 the season after.

once again. people who went to the away games under sam,more than just an odd northwest trip, are bound to have a different perspective, than those who watch an internet stream, listen to the radio or watch highlights.

thats not a critisism or those who dont attend away games, just stating an obvious reason.

ALSO DID SOMEONE COMPARE WATCHING ROVERS UNDER SAM TO THE WAY REAL MADRID PLAY ?

im not going to discuss the obvious gulf in class of players.

they might play direct when needed, but they have gameplans etc.. to win games.

we didnt win many under sam, also

real dont have a record comparable to big sam's do they ??

didnt work for sam did it jim, repeatedly lost without a whimper.

yeah 100% fact. but if you listen to most of our fans on here. nobody minded us getting hammered away cos we were bound to pick up points at home! :wacko:

You're completely mad. No doubt you'll ask me to point out why you're mad so I will.To read this one could assume we were BETTER OFF under Kean!! In fact, as everybody but you realises, we are way worse off and odds-on to go down.

Got to be suspicious of anyone who's silent for yonks, then comes on here and dominates the board, taking a totally contrary position to the rest. You have to be a deliberate wind-up merchant and to be avoided like the plague.

You're completely mad. No doubt you'll ask me to point out why you're mad so I will.To read this one could assume we were BETTER OFF under Kean!! In fact, as everybody but you realises, we are way worse off and odds-on to go down.

Got to be suspicious of anyone who's silent for yonks, then comes on here and dominates the board, taking a totally contrary position to the rest. You have to be a deliberate wind-up merchant and to be avoided like the plague.

:rolleyes:

47.. by all means disagree with what i say... but back it up with stuff.

if im to be avoided why do you constantly reply in every post.

also.. insult away.. but atleast give your reasons.

:rolleyes:

47.. by all means disagree with what i say... but back it up with stuff.

if im to be avoided why do you constantly reply in every post.

also.. insult away.. but atleast give your reasons.

Nope, I'm avoiding you like the plague from now on, Zaccaius or Gav or Waggy or Cunning Claret or whoever the hell you are.

The Barcelona luvvies have gone very quiet today - perhaps licking their wounds after a brilliant tactical display by Mourinho who showed once again that a pragmatic approach wins important football matches.

Mourinho is Sam Allardyce par excellence.

And you call people biased! :lol:

You just compared Sam to the greatest manager of the last decade.

Sam would have decided there was no chance of winning that particular game and lost by a cricket score 7-1 to concentrate on an easier game at the weekend.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you win the game that you are focusing on. Remind me of the game after the Man Utd 7-1? How did we do?

not result.. PERFORMANCE!

can you name any better ones ... under sam ?

1 -0 away to Arsenal

2 - 0 away to Bolton

Nothing wrong with that as long as you win the game that you are focusing on. Remind me of the game after the Man Utd 7-1? How did we do?

Won it 3 - 0

Performances win points now do they? Have they changed the rules?

did sam win many points ?

again i enjoyed the performance and most who were there wouldve agreed. (certainly the 1st 20 minutes... and the attempted fightback. us losing in the end will have tarnished somes memories im sure. :) )

i dont need to repeat the comeback thing.. there was never any sign of a comeback under sam.

sams away record is there in black and white.

1 -0 away to Arsenal

2 - 0 away to Bolton

Won it 3 - 0

2-0 bolton was mcdonald incharge.. sam had his heart trouble.

arsenal 1 nil away ? i cant remember that... when was it ?

we beat villa 1-nil away.. last season... but were far from sparkling.

you confusing it with that ?

did sam win many points ?

again i enjoyed the performance and most who were there wouldve agreed. (certainly the 1st 20 minutes... and the attempted fightback. us losing in the end will have tarnished somes memories im sure. :) )

i dont need to repeat the comeback thing.. there was never any sign of a comeback under sam.

sams away record is there in black and white.

His away record was poor but so are a lot of PL clubs - presume you are aware that we had an excellent home record?

2-0 bolton was mcdonald incharge.. sam had his heart trouble.

arsenal 1 nil away ? i cant remember that... when was it ?

we beat villa 1-nil away.. last season... but were far from sparkling.

you confusing it with that ?

Yes. It was a 2-1 win at home against Arsenal that I confused it with.

Villa were a great side at the time.

not result.. PERFORMANCE!

can you name any better ones ... under sam ?

You said display, not performance.

Getting reamed by Wigan not my idea of a fantastic display.

Anyway, it's all nonsense. Kean's not fit for the job. That's clear to more or less everyone.

its a fact that up until blackpool at home that we hadnt fought back in any game for 2years. Turned to lying now Zac? Or have you forgotten Portsmouth, Villa, Arsenal last season when in all three games we came from behind to win.

we also showed fight last week at everton I now refuse to believe you went to the game, as our first shot on target was in the 93rd minute

You are twisting an awful lot to your perceieved advantage here Zac. Your arguments are poor and not thought out. I'm sure even Gav will agree that at Everton we were shyte and showed no fight whatsoever having gone a goal down.

As for that comment about not fighting back for 2 years, unless I have missed something further up, that is the least though out comment I have ever heard on this M/B

His away record was poor but so are a lot of PL clubs - presume you are aware that we had an excellent home record?

I don't think he goes john

You are twisting an awful lot to your perceieved advantage here Zac. Your arguments are poor and not thought out. I'm sure even Gav will agree that at Everton we were shyte and showed no fight whatsoever having gone a goal down.

As for that comment about not fighting back for 2 years, unless I have missed something further up, that is the least though out comment I have ever heard on this M/B

apologies jimmy612 if your stats are correct.. i hold my hands up.

ive read and heard media repeat the 'not fought back in 2years' stuff so obviously believed it must be true.

we showed fight at everton.. after being 2nil down up until ped missing his sitter.

i was there.. ive still got the carpark stub and ticket if you wanna see them! :P

You said display, not performance.

same thing... or do you have a different definition the 'displays' in football. :rolleyes:

apologies jimmy612 if your stats are correct.. i hold my hands up.

ive read and heard media repeat the 'not fought back in 2years' stuff so obviously believed it must be true.

There has been a lot of comment this season that we were the only team to never get a point after going behind and now we're the only team to never win after going behind.

Yes. It was a 2-1 win at home against Arsenal that I confused it with.

Villa were a great side at the time.

villa great side... they were awful against us.. typical last game of the season stuff from both sides!

i am... fine record... as for my views on the standard of football... thats in the 'entertainment thread'

Archived