BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

Nothing about players without the stomach for a fight though.

Love the way these journos drag up this old chestnut:

"Powered by the wallet of Jack Walker Rovers were English football’s big spenders in the mid-90’s when Sutton and his strike partner Alan Shearer brought Blackburn their first title since 1914."

Am I right in saying we spent less than United every season?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said it once and I'll say it again:

Signing Raul & Guti was more about Sam Allardyce than Blackburn Rovers.

Totally baseless rubbish.

Raul and Guti have both done very well at their new clubs and wouldve injected the creativity we so desperately needed. Sure there wouldnt have been the resale value but every side needs a mix of youth and experience.

Sam obviously had a bit of an ego but what was good for Blackburn Rovers was good for Sam Allardyce and vice versa.

No one ever said he was the messiah...deary me it's like groundhog day with you, surely you would have learnt the error of your ways by now? Well read the opening message and if in doubt check out my sig.

That was you taking something I said completely out of context though.

Someone else mocked people on this board for treating Sam like he was a messiah, I just responded to this and said that since he saved us from relegation that this description wasn't that far off.

You've said far more stupid things on this board. On an almost daily basis. Such as when you tried to argue with me that 9th in the Championship wasn't mid table, despite it being closer to 12th than 1st. Or when you tried to argue that "a few players" couldn't possibly refer to "four players".

:lol: :lol:

Small club can be argued to death on a seperate thread- I don't believe we are. We have the 10th biggest budget in the pl for wages, that's certainly not a small budget.

I didn't like Sam's small club attitude, true or not when you hear it, it makes you feel even smaller.

Doesn't matter how many times you say it-----its still wrong. If we had those 2 + Sam in charge we wouldn't be facing relegation (for the 10000th time because you still don't get it).

That was you taking something I said completely out of context though.

Someone else mocked people on this board for treating Sam like he was a messiah, I just responded to this and said that since he saved us from relegation that this description wasn't that far off.

You've said far more stupid things on this board. On an almost daily basis. Such as when you tried to argue with me that 9th in the Championship wasn't mid table, despite it being closer to 12th than 1st. Or when you tried to argue that "a few players" couldn't possibly refer to "four players".

:lol: :lol:

Seriously, are you starting again?

Doc your expertise is checking for ear infections, English quite obviously is not one of your strengths, I am going to refrain from arguing with you but suggest you look at post 366 again for any clarification that you need, ta.

Seriously, are you starting again?

Doc your expertise is checking for ear infections, English quite obviously is not one of your strengths, I am going to refrain from arguing with you but suggest you look at post 366 again for any clarification that you need, ta.

My expertise is saving lives imy, but thanks all the same.

You're so obsessed with me imy that you have a quote from me in your signature! You're refraining from arguing with me but every post you make has a quote from me at the bottom.

Only four players were named. Therefore "a few" was completely accurate. You putting "at least" in front of it was irrelevant since you couldnt name more than four.

No one ever said he was the messiah...deary me it's like groundhog day with you, surely you would have learnt the error of your ways by now? Well read the opening message and if in doubt check out my sig.

Ok Spin King, 1 poster made an oblique reference so you make a thread title out of it and ask is it either/ or! Sorry, to correct myself, only 99.99999999999% of posters have never referred to Sam as the Messiah. Most just think he was a very good manager. OK?

I've got a german mate who's been raving about the form of Raul, can't believe Real let him go.

If we'd found the money to bring him in, we'd be nowhere near the grim end of the table.

Sadly instead (after a change of ownership), we got Santa Cruz on massive wonga and correct me if I'm wrong but the bugger still hasn't scored yet. Farce.

My expertise is saving lives imy, but thanks all the same.

You're so obsessed with me imy that you have a quote from me in your signature! You're refraining from arguing with me but every post you make has a quote from me at the bottom.

Only four players were named. Therefore "a few" was completely accurate. You putting "at least" in front of it was irrelevant since you couldnt name more than four.

If I may be so bold to say, but you have quoted me AGAIN, I have not quoted you anywhere, I will delete the sig now if it means that you will stop stalking me- deal? I have given my reasons for not debating with you, I don't want to repeat this again.

Actually FIVE players were named, but then again you don't work with facts do you? "Few" is similar to couple/three it is never associated with four.

I'll make it easier Tony you're on ignore.

That's totally irrelevant.

Um, no it's not. We're talking Sam's overbearing ego, which still feels the need to brag about players he signed ten years ago.

And I thought we'd be safe as houses with Sam regardless of signing the Galacticos?

This thread has a warped title anyway. No-one ever said he was the Messiah till Imy (!) put it up. So the answer to his question is------- Sam Is simply a good manager and how I wish he hadn't been booted out. All imo of course!

Ok Spin King, 1 poster made an oblique reference so you make a thread title out of it and ask is it either/ or! Sorry, to correct myself, only 99.99999999999% of posters have never referred to Sam as the Messiah. Most just think he was a very good manager. OK?

Stick to the point, Did someone say it, yes or no?

Can you get your facts right before quoting/using my name... have I said this before?

Um, no it's not. We're talking Sam's overbearing ego, which still feels the need to brag about players he signed ten years ago.

And I thought we'd be safe as houses with Sam regardless of signing the Galacticos?

Sam's ego is totally irrelevant to the discussion. This thread is about Sam's management abilities. If our manager developed more of an ego from his time at Rovers, surely this would be a good thing since it would mean we'd have achieved things as a club to cause that to happen?

And you said those signings would be more about Sam Allardyce than Blackburn Rovers - well what was good for Blackburn Rovers was good for Sam Allardyce while he was here and vice versa.

We'd be safe as houses with Sam, and would be around 9th right now if our form after 17 games had been sustained. But with a bit of class and creativity in the midfield, we could have even been pushing for a 7th place spot.

Sam's ego is totally irrelevant to the discussion.

No one forced you to reply.

If our manager developed more of an ego from his time at Rovers, surely this would be a good thing since it would mean we'd have achieved things as a club to cause that to happen?

I don't think Sam could develop more of an ego if he tried.

And you said those signings would be more about Sam Allardyce than Blackburn Rovers - well what was good for Blackburn Rovers was good for Sam Allardyce while he was here and vice versa.

Not when he's left and we've got three ageing stars bleeding the club dry, it wouldn't. But hey, so long as Sam can boast about the stars he brought to ickle little Blackburn Rovers...

Stick to the point, Did someone say it, yes or no?

Can you get your facts right before quoting/using my name... have I said this before?

As I said you've corrected me. I thought no-one had made the statement around which you built a whole thread.I certainly didn't remember it. However you've shown that 1 person actually made the reference although he didn't use it in the way you implied.

Great victory! Well done!

Not when he's left and we've got three ageing stars bleeding the club dry, it wouldn't. But hey, so long as Sam can boast about the stars he brought to ickle little Blackburn Rovers...

They wouldnt be bleeding the club dry as integral members of the first team would they? I doubt he would've signed them on five year contracts.

You talk so much rubbish.

It's all Aunty, balls, uncle anyway.

If we'd signed those two they might have been good or they might have been extremely expensive flops.

Raul's success with Schalke both in the Bundesliga and the Champions' League shows it's highly likely he wouldve been a great addition to the squad.

Guti has been great with Besiktas but granted it's not the same standard as the Premier League. But again, likely he wouldve been considerably better than what we've got in the middle of the park.

It's a classic case of decide in haste, repent at leisure. Wonder whether he'll buy another villa with his compo, and what he would call it? "Villa Venky"?

The Chicken Shack.

Refers to us as a 'small' club with a 'small' budget in a extended version of that interview.

and your point is?

ego eh? You make it sound like being egotistical is a bad thing. In successful football management it's more like a must. Do you think Mourhino has a small ego? How about Fergy? Wenger? How about Kenny? All those managers have won the Prem btw and none are exactly shrinking violets are they?

If you want ego from the past try Cloughie, Busby, Revie. There's so many of em it can't be accidental.

ego eh? You make it sound like being egotistical is a bad thing. In successful football management it's more like a must. Do you think Mourhino has a small ego? How about Fergy? Wenger? How about Kenny? All those managers have won the Prem btw and none are exactly shrinking violets are they?

If you want ego from the past try Cloughie, Busby, Revie. There's so many of em it can't be accidental.

Those are all top-class managers who have won trophies at the highest level. Ego = justified.

Allardyce's only the centre of his own universe.

Archived