BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

"The decision to terminate my contract was made well before they joined the club in my opinion"

So both parties had the same idea, Sam wanted to go before Venkys arrived and they wanted him gone when they arrived. Can't see his gripe if he was looking to move to a 4th rate league for big money.

"I'm always ready for a new challenge. To be honest, I'd made a choice that I wouldn't jump straight back into a job after the Blackburn role and I had a couple of premier league offers immediately after I left but I turned them down because I wanted to give myself a bit of time off.

I knew it King Kenny was the second choice :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He asked to leave in the summer imy, common knowledge, was chasing the money, just another reason to rejoice when he left.

The pro-Allardyce brigade said he didn't ask to leave :lol:

Most of us didn't really care. If he wanted to leave then that was completely his decision. If Moyes asks to leave Everton to go to another club, do you think they'd sack him?

So both parties had the same idea, Sam wanted to go before Venkys arrived and they wanted him gone when they arrived. Can't see his gripe if he was looking to move to a 4th rate league for big money.

Sam wanted that particular job offer partly because of the money and probably partly because he felt that without further investment, he'd taken Rovers as far as he felt he could. Certainly Birmingham aside, us finishing above any of the other teams last season would be unrealistic without much more investment.

However that offer passed and he wanted to stay at Rovers, and I'm sure thought initially with talk of new investment he'd be able to do more with this Rovers team. So to be sacked when he'd been doing a good job was understandably something which upset him.

He asked to leave in the summer imy, common knowledge, was chasing the money, just another reason to rejoice when he left.

What an odd statement to make Gav. He had taken us to tenth in the league and to a league cup semi-final and received no financial backing whatsoever, that would have ###### him off for a start (similar to Hughes when he left)

Is he not entitled to chase the money if he wants to? Most people in the profession do it.

Sorry if I have missed something here, but can we see evidence of Sam asking to leave. It just states that he said he was ready to go but for contractual obligations. He never stated anything in the press (very professional)

Another reason to rejoice when he left :lol: Yes there are many other reasons aswell. If it wasn't for his sacking we wouldnt have performed this sensational slide down the table.

"I'm always ready for a new challenge. To be honest, I'd made a choice that I wouldn't jump straight back into a job after the Blackburn role and I had a couple of premier league offers immediately after I left but I turned them down because I wanted to give myself a bit of time off.

I knew it King Kenny was the second choice :D

Foolish again. I would expect Wham and West Brom gave him a call, at around about the same time

What an odd statement to make Gav. He had taken us to tenth in the league and to a league cup semi-final and received no financial backing whatsoever, that would have ###### him off for a start (similar to Hughes when he left)

Is he not entitled to chase the money if he wants to? Most people in the profession do it.

Sorry if I have missed something here, but can we see evidence of Sam asking to leave. It just states that he said he was ready to go but for contractual obligations. He never stated anything in the press (very professional)

Another reason to rejoice when he left :lol: Yes there are many other reasons aswell. If it wasn't for his sacking we wouldnt have performed this sensational slide down the table.

"I had an offer on the table to come to Dubai and manage Al Ahli, back in May or June last year, a role that David O'Leary eventually took over. Ironically, I wasn't allowed to leave Blackburn at the time due to contractual obligations and so I had to turn down the offer that I was ready to accept. It's a shame. I was ready to make the move to Al Ahli.

Pretty clear. I am more interested in the PL clubs who offered him a job. Three clubs made changes, Newcastle, West Brom and Liverpool- Ashley would not hire him so we are left with Liverpool and West Brom, or is he telling a few porkies?

Foolish again. I would expect Wham and West Brom gave him a call, at around about the same time

So clubs with managers in charge were calling him and offering him jobs and he was obviously considering them- funny how he accuses others of back stabbing but was happily doing similar things to his fellow managers :huh:

Pretty clear. I am more interested in the PL clubs who offered him a job. Three clubs made changes, Newcastle, West Brom and Liverpool- Ashley would not hire him so we are left with Liverpool and West Brom, or is he telling a few porkies?

Wouldn't be the first time. Like the little story him and JW concocted about why Sam never took over from Sparky.

The guy asked to leave the club with only days to go before the start of the season, 10th place finishes don't come into it, he was leaving us in the s**t Jimmy simple as that.

As for evidence, the guy tells you himself, but was held to his contract, thats a darn site more evidence than the Kean stabbed me in the back cr@p.

The guy asked to leave the club with only days to go before the start of the season, 10th place finishes don't come into it, he was leaving us in the s**t Jimmy simple as that.

As for evidence, the guy tells you himself, but was held to his contract, thats a darn site more evidence than the Kean stabbed me in the back cr@p.

He wanted to go to Al Ahli, but couldve only gone with the total agreement of the club. Blackburn Rovers would have needed to agree to Sam leaving for him to go. I'm pretty sure there wouldve been a good amount of compensation from Al Ahli had he gone too.

"Only days to go before the start of the season"? Big deal, surely that's still much preferable to leaving mid season like plenty of managers do?

"I had an offer on the table to come to Dubai and manage Al Ahli, back in May or June last year, a role that David O'Leary eventually took over. Ironically, I wasn't allowed to leave Blackburn at the time due to contractual obligations and so I had to turn down the offer that I was ready to accept. It's a shame. I was ready to make the move to Al Ahli.

So clubs with managers in charge were calling him and offering him jobs and he was obviously considering them- funny how he accuses others of back stabbing but was happily doing similar things to his fellow managers :huh:

West Ham after Allardyce was reported in pretty much every major UK sporting news source after the sacking. You don't usually have something which has coverage across the board unless there's truth in it.

And once more, your lack of logic comes to the fore. IF Kean stabbed Sam in the back (I'm not saying he did, but it's definitely a possibility), clearly that was much worse since Kean was a member of Sam's own backroom team. There's no special "code" that managers have you know.

Depends which way you look at leaving us in the ######? Compared to when he took over, and also where we are now, I would suggest we would have been relatively ###### free.

And how come your such a big fan of MoN then, if your so against Managers leaving?

Depends which way you look at leaving us in the ######? Compared to when he took over, and also where we are now, I would suggest we would have been relatively ###### free.

And how come your such a big fan of MoN then, if your so against Managers leaving?

So leaving a week before the start of the season we'd have been s**t free :D

Who said I was a big fan of Martin O'Neill? I'd much rather have had Fergie, but he wasn't available and you did ask.

Goodness me Imy, are you telling me that you don't think clubs are contacting managers well before they sack someone. How did you think Mourinho knew he was going to Madrid?

Or that Allardyce knew he was going to Newcastle?

Managers will be contacted all the time for various jobs when a manager is under pressure. You can't seriously think that a search for a new manager only begins once the sacking has commenced.

Stabbing people in the back? ffs, its abit of a difference when a man with no managerial experience and very close links to an advisor to new owners is appointed following an absurd sacking, when compared to a man being contacted about a job that may be avialable :lol:

It was speculated by a lot of the media that West Ham wanted Sam last December.

:rolleyes:

Allardyce is an active member of the League Managers Association and will not talk about his link with the West Ham job until Grant is no longer at the helm.

Allardyce is interested in the Hammers job but insists it would be unethical of him to push for it whilst another man is already in the position.

So let me get this straight.

Gav was never a fan of Sam Allardyce as manager and wanted him out.

Yet if Allardyce himself decided to leave a week before the season started, he would have been leaving us in the s**t.

Fast forward to December in what was probably the tightest December table in years, and Gav was cock a hoop about Sam leaving and didnt think for one minute we were in the s**t.

Makes perfect sense, right.

So leaving a week before the start of the season we'd have been s**t free :D

Who said I was a big fan of Martin O'Neill? I'd much rather have had Fergie, but he wasn't available and you did ask.

compared to bottom of the league in mid December and also compared to having 38 points in early May I would suggest that is relatively ###### free, wouldn't you?

Oh i'm sorry, I must have misunderstood when you said he was a preferance of yours for the Blackburn job.

Oh i'm sorry, I must have misunderstood when you said he was a preferance of yours for the Blackburn job.

I said "I didn't have a clue personally" but you pressed me for an answer, so I obliged.

Now if you don't play fare Jimmy I'm taking the bat and ball home.

I'm just so pleased that some fans can rejoice at winning one game in three months after Sam left. Who needs the boredom or the cash that a tenth place finish and semi-final spot can bring when we have a manager who can ensure we get an exciting finish to the season by not winning a game for the best part of three months. The free-flowing football has simply been a joy to watch at Ewood since Big Sam left. Two goals scored from the last 450 minutes of football, tells you all you need to know about the excitement that is to be had watching the Venkys/Kean brand of football.

Who cares if Big Sam was looking for a way out before the start of the season. I seem to recall that many of our more successful managers have looked for new horizons before they actually left. I can only hope that Kean can find a club that wishes to entice him from Ewood Park - somehow I suspect I'll have a long wait.

Two goals scored from the last 450 minutes of football, tells you all you need to know about the excitement that is to be had watching the Venkys/Kean brand of football.

At least we are playing 4-4-2 and two strikers are on the pitch now, automatically means more goals....

Goodness me Imy, are you telling me that you don't think clubs are contacting managers well before they sack someone. How did you think Mourinho knew he was going to Madrid?

Or that Allardyce knew he was going to Newcastle?

Managers will be contacted all the time for various jobs when a manager is under pressure. You can't seriously think that a search for a new manager only begins once the sacking has commenced.

Stabbing people in the back? ffs, its abit of a difference when a man with no managerial experience and very close links to an advisor to new owners is appointed following an absurd sacking, when compared to a man being contacted about a job that may be avialable :lol:

Managers are offered jobs I'm sure but my point is dont moan about people back stabbing you when in your line of business ethics is not high on the agenda. He wanted to go, days before season started, he saw nothing wrong in this, same way Venkys sacked him they didn't want him, the loyalty of both parties is clear-there was none. Nicko alluded to Sam wanting the Burnley job and telling his advisors to arrange something- they are not pl are they?lol.

Hmm, guess that means he doesn't care what the Rovers fans think of him anymore. I can sense the anti-Sam hoardes massing already, finally presented with the first decent reason they've ever had to criticise him. I'd imagine you feel a mixture of salivating joy and mock outrage about this GAV? You can have a right go at him for wanting to do something you wanted him to do.

Not sure what to make of it personally. Is he just buttering up his potential employers? Is it to his credit that his professionalism overuled his desire in causing him to stay at Rovers, without complaining or letting performances slip? Did he already sense what was coming with Venkys and was understandably just trying to jump before being pushed? Even if none of these things are true then I still appreciate 2 great years and him saving us from relegation, regardless of what he wants to say to GulfNews.

Sounds like a bitter and twisted swipe at former employers, and a desperate "come and get me plea" by a manager who's struggling to get a proper job at a real club. The man's motivation is obvious - ££££££££. Why else would you be busting a gut to leave the Premier League for a footballing backwater?

There were always rumours of Sam wanting to quit in the summer, just no confirmation. Goes down in my estimation after that. Doesn't change the fact the managerial/assman appointment after Allardyce & McDonald have been a total blunder from Venkys.

Very good money yes, but didn't he claim he'd take Real Madrid to the treble, managers with that ambition surely want to ply their trade at the top leagues in the world, however deluded his aspirations were.

The thread is "Messiah or simply a good manager" and the answer remains "simply a good manager".

Maybe he got fed up with the lack of support. After all he had Guti and his mate lined up on frees but the Board knocked him back.

Maybe we would have been watching the sort of football Sam's detractors crave and not watching hoofball in a desperate relegation battle?

Finally is it alright to talk about him again now? I thought it was a case of "he's gone, he won't be coming back, move on"?

Archived