BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce Messiah or simply a good manager?

imy9

What that he thought money was going to be available so that he could build a squad and progress it? Rather than in the summer, being rejected any wage allowances to bring in his two main targets, therefore preventing further progression of the club?

Your starting to show similar traits to another poster on this site Jimmy, please don't let that happen, so far you're open to decent debate which is a good thing.

He was told he’d have to work on a tight budget when he signed, money got frozen due to the takeover which is correct procedure, and Allardyce threw his dummy out and tried to leave.

Simple as that.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I repeat--we were constantly told on here not to bring up the subject of Sam again. It was boring, he wasn't coming back, we should get behind the new manager, time to move on etc etc.

Until you find something you think discredits him of course!

Another quality post by 47er, where would the debate be without him :D

47er, Alladyce did an interview yesterday saying he'd liked to have left in the summer to join Al Ahli, so thats why we're debating this again.

How is the mourinho example irrelevant. He had stated he wanted to leave, and would be going to Madrid. Allardyce didnt even do that.

Same with the Hughes thing. He would have talked to JW and said I want to go to Man city, probably what Sam did about the Al Ahli job. He was professional about it and didn't say a word to the press, and just got on with his job.

So your reason for sacking him is because he wanted a different job, was held by contractual obligations and continued doing a sterling job here? Why?

I guess when Charlie Adam said he wanted to leave Blackpool you'd have torn his contract up aswell. Fabregas would never have played under you either. This happens in football, people always want to move on.

I don't care what you said. Hughton did a superb job of rebuilding Newcastle, as Sam did with Rovers, and got booted by the owner in favour of their 'chosen one'. Yet I don't see Hughton popping up every two seconds to remind us what he would have achieved at Newcastle, or how he was planning to leave all along, anything to save face etc.

It could also be suggested that Newcastle haven't capitulated at all since his dismissal, whereas we hadn't won in 11 until Saturday. Plus the fact that we had brand new owners, and Anderson sneaking about. This would grab far more headlines. And anyway whats wrong with talking in the press?

the summer and next season will see who's correct, wont it gordon ? ;)

i didnt say we definetly would get a high calibre manager, but if we do, and

if rovers stay up and start well next season, the sacking of the fat man will be forgotten... thats the nature of football.

oh BTW. what noises are you hearing from mrs rao ???

Surely, you're not suggesting that Mrs Desai and her brothers are lying when they say Kean will start next season as our manager? The man who's got one win in three months is going to be a great advert for the drive to sell season tickets. Personally, I think Sam's shadow will hang over Ewood until Kean is gone and a new man is brought in. Unfortunately, Mrs. Desai has hitched her wagon to Kean.

I don't care what you said. Hughton did a superb job of rebuilding Newcastle, as Sam did with Rovers, and got booted by the owner in favour of their 'chosen one'. Yet I don't see Hughton popping up every two seconds to remind us what he would have achieved at Newcastle, or how he was planning to leave all along, anything to save face etc.

Every 2 seconds? Are you for real? Along with Hughton, Allardyce was a victim of one of the worst, most unjust sackings in football history, any division, any country. What did he say in his immediate interviews after? No idea why he was sacked, thoroughly enjoyed his 2 years at the club, was proud to manage the club and thanked the fans for their support (extremely generously given some of his critics on here). He deserved a flipping medal for that after the pathetically shoddy way Venkys carried out the sacking.

So he's been increasing his media work for Sky Sports recently and (only when directly asked) has responded a few times repeating he was baffled by his sacking but can only assume someone badmouthed him to Venkys about it. And finally almost 6 months down the line he gives an interview to a foreign newspaper saying he could have left earlier. What exactly has he done wrong? He is most likely totally unaware there is still a debate raging about him amongst Rovers fans and couldn't care less whether he gets the last word on it.

Surely, you're not suggesting that Mrs Desai and her brothers are lying when they say Kean will start next season as our manager? The man who's got one win in three months is going to be a great advert for the drive to sell season tickets. Personally, I think Sam's shadow will hang over Ewood until Kean is gone and a new man is brought in. Unfortunately, Mrs. Desai has hitched her wagon to Kean.

I'm with zaccaius

“Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong.” Adolf Hitler

Dam true.

the summer will show our ambition.

He was told he’d have to work on a tight budget when he signed, money got frozen due to the takeover which is correct procedure, and Allardyce threw his dummy out and tried to leave.

Simple as that.

Well its not as simple as that. Where did it say he threw his dummy out? Where is the evidence for that?

We knew nothing apart from a few rumours until yesterday when Allardyce admitted he wanted to leave for another job. All we heard were snippets about them wanting him at the time. He could easily have said to the media that he was interested in the job and all hell would have broken loose.

He couldn't leave and got quietly on with his job after that, and continued to do a top job at Ewood.

How is the mourinho example irrelevant. He had stated he wanted to leave, and would be going to Madrid. Allardyce didnt even do that.

Same with the Hughes thing. He would have talked to JW and said I want to go to Man city, probably what Sam did about the Al Ahli job. He was professional about it and didn't say a word to the press, and just got on with his job.

So your reason for sacking him is because he wanted a different job, was held by contractual obligations and continued doing a sterling job here? Why?

I guess when Charlie Adam said he wanted to leave Blackpool you'd have torn his contract up aswell. Fabregas would never have played under you either. This happens in football, people always want to move on.

I really have no interest in Jose, Charlie Adam or Fabrigas.

Allardyce asked to leave in the summer, so can have no complaints when they sacked him, because he wasn’t committed to the club, that’s a fact, simple as that. He changed his tune when Venkys offered to pay big wages and fund a few transfers though :lol:

Like 47er says, we should put this to bed now, its been done to death, even the interview yesterday has been done to death now.

Where did it say he threw his dummy out? Where is the evidence for that?

He asked to leave maybe :rock:

It could also be suggested that Newcastle haven't capitulated at all since his dismissal, whereas we hadn't won in 11 until Saturday. Plus the fact that we had brand new owners, and Anderson sneaking about. This would grab far more headlines. And anyway whats wrong with talking in the press?

That doesn't mean Sam has to revel in our situation by gassing off to his media chums whenever he gets the opportunity. He could have some dignity and remain silent on the issue. But instead he needs to sell the Allardyce product, because no one else will.

all will become clear in the summer and as i have stated before... my stance will change if kean remains incharge.. and we start poorly.

Another quality post by 47er, where would the debate be without him :D

47er, Alladyce did an interview yesterday saying he'd liked to have left in the summer to join Al Ahli, so thats why we're debating this again.

Re Sam's sacking------- "Absolutely fantastic decision and great timing also" Gav! Don't think for one minute you're ever going to be allowed to forget that one! :D :D

Hitler again? Have you got a book of his favourite quotes Chris :lol:

you know what they say, if anyone can create peace on a messageboard forum, its Adolf Hitler, can't remember who told me that, maybe it was Rudolf Hess

all will become clear in the summer and as i have stated before... my stance will change if kean remains incharge.. and we start poorly.

thats what worries me, but I'm very very interested in what signings we make and if we get a director of football, I'll judge after that.

What that he thought money was going to be available so that he could build a squad and progress it? Rather than in the summer, being rejected any wage allowances to bring in his two main targets, therefore preventing further progression of the club?

this was my 2nd contradictions post... "so you dont see any contradictions! ?? in what sam has said in his interviews about wanting to stay and the argument that he had taken rovers as far as he could! ?"

and he wanted to see the young players develop

Re Sam's sacking------- "Absolutely fantastic decision and great timing also" Gav! Don't think for one minute you're ever going to be allowed to forget that one! :D :D

Wrong thread 47er.....But.... I really couldn’t care less if you let me live that one down or not, I’m over the moon Allardyce was sacked, I’m over the moon he was sacked when he was, I wasn’t so over the moon when they appointed Kean though......

Hope that clears things up for you :tu: You do seem to be struggling since you aligned yourself with with nodgob :P

I really have no interest in Jose, Charlie Adam or Fabrigas.

Allardyce asked to leave in the summer, so can have no complaints when they sacked him, because he wasn’t committed to the club, that’s a fact, simple as that. He changed his tune when Venkys offered to pay big wages and fund a few transfers though :lol:

Like 47er says, we should put this to bed now, its been done to death, even the interview yesterday has been done to death now.

If the City deal had fallen through for Hughes would you have sacked him aswell?

People in football will always be tempted by jobs, whatever reason they are there for. I fully understand that Allardyce would have gone for the money, plus the fact his missus would probably have been on at him to move abroad aswell ^_^

Your using this article to belittle Allardyce when he hasn't done anything wrong. He never went to the press about it until very recently, he just got on with his job here, very professionally IMO.

Nothing wrong with seeing investment and changing your mind either. Its like moving to a new club if there is to be money available. Every manager craves money to be able to spend, whats wrong with that?

this was my 2nd contradictions post... "so you dont see any contradictions! ?? in what sam has said in his interviews about wanting to stay and the argument that he had taken rovers as far as he could! ?"

and he wanted to see the young players develop

Without money where else was he going to take us?

With money where else could he have taken us? Thats what he would have been thinking when Venkys rolled in promising transfer funds and wage allowances. Is that difficult to understand or have I missed something?

Wrong thread 47er.....But.... I really couldn’t care less if you let me live that one down or not, I’m over the moon Allardyce was sacked, I’m over the moon he was sacked when he was, I wasn’t so over the moon when they appointed Kean though......

This is what I don't understand GAV, I couldn't care less about Sam Allardyce, don't know the fella, I'm not going to feel sorry for a millonaire football manager when he gets the sack.

All I care about is Blackburn Rovers, sacking him when they did was the wrong decision, as we could be relegated in a couple of weeks, that much is obvious.

If you love the club, you should not be celebrating a decison that puts the clubs very existence in doubt and it annoys me that a fellow Rover could be so selfish that his personal dislike of Sam Allardyce has come before wantning the best for BRFC.

If the City deal had fallen through for Hughes would you have sacked him aswell?

People in football will always be tempted by jobs, whatever reason they are there for. I fully understand that Allardyce would have gone for the money, plus the fact his missus would probably have been on at him to move abroad aswell ^_^

Your using this article to belittle Allardyce when he hasn't done anything wrong. He never went to the press about it until very recently, he just got on with his job here, very professionally IMO.

I’m only going to say this once more Jimmy:

Allardyce tried to jump ship in the summer when cash was wasn’t forthcoming, mainly due to the takeover. The man can have no complaints when sacked only a few months later in my opinion, because if nothing else he showed a complete lack of commitment to Blackburn Rovers by asking to leave.

That’s my opinion, crystal clear hopefully.

If you love the club, you should not be celebrating a decison that puts the clubs very existence in doubt and it annoys me that a fellow Rover could be so selfish that his personal dislike of Sam Allardyce has come before wantning the best for BRFC.

As Den would say "complete and utter Bunkum" over sensationalized rubbish that Matty.

Only my opinion of course.

Ok, I'll take the emotion out of it:

An unneccary and foolhardy decision that could lead to relgation and a massive doubt over what on earth will happen to the club and our huge wagebill with owners that bought us for PL exposure.

It annoys me that a fellow Rover could be so selfish that his personal dislike of Sam Allardyce has come before wanting the best for BRFC.

We have accept people didn't like Sam, I thought sam was great, but I can see why people didn't like him, style of football, a bit negative.

GAV already said that he was unhappy Kean was hired so was I.

But I did celebrate when Hodgson got sacked, its just you expect better replacements.

Another But, Olsson and salgado backing Kean is a big deal for me and I think we will stay up and the players are extremely motivated.

so I've calmed down.

Archived