BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

• Backroom

Were the sleeves the opposite of the colour of the half or not?

I quite like the idea of halves instead of quarters.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at the Soccerdome playing yesterday, and there was a poster outside JJB saying that our new home shirt was coming soon, and was available for pre-order!

No images though......

they've been trying to flog it on pre-order since May. I went in to DW to buy something and they tried to get me to buy if the week after the season finished.

If the venkys have got rid of our tradition then I'm disgusted.I think they have done enough now .Are they purposly trying to antagonise and wind the fans up? They have been here 6 months and think they know what us long standing fans want.are they trying to drive fans away on purpose?

If the venkys have got rid of our tradition then I'm disgusted.I think they have done enough now .Are they purposly trying to antagonise and wind the fans up? They have been here 6 months and think they know what us long standing fans want.are they trying to drive fans away on purpose?

Abbey, the kit design would've been with Umbro before Venkys even thought of buying us. I'm pretty sure we sort these things out a year in advance.

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

to everyone who asked. dramatic kit change. Blue on front same side as blue back. so halves

Sounds to me like the front colours have switched? Or he would have said the back blue is now same side as the front

Looks as though Rovers have never had sleeves matching the attached half of the shirt. Although in the first half of the 1900s the blue and white swapped sides several times.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Blackburn_Rovers/Blackburn_Rovers.htm

If this was decided by the previous regime, Clare, then they've really handed over a lit bag of poo for the new owners to stamp out.

If the new regime have come up with it, they really don't know how to get people on side!

I look forward to seeing it though!

Rovers have blue & white quartered shirts. Not halves. It mattered in 1875 and it matters now. This bunch of idiots had better get their act together sharpish.

Wasn't 1875 when we had an all White shirt?

Also, sorry to ruin your Venky bashing, but the kit design would of been decided last year.....that trust eh?

Rovers have blue & white quartered shirts. Not halves. It mattered in 1875 and it matters now. This bunch of idiots had better get their act together sharpish.

god there is somthing really wrong wit u is it going to change the club radically if its changed to halfs instead of quarters. Talk about any excuse to stick the boot in

Yeah, soz. And it was decided to get rid of Sam, JW, Phil Jones, the sponsors, etc. by the last board too?? Historical Football kits isn't always correct didn't you know? I'll bash the owners any way I feel fit, cos I care. And they don't.

Oh, and if you change things little by little, eventually you don't know what has been changed cos it's always been like that, right!

Wasn't 1875 when we had an all White shirt?

Also, sorry to ruin your Venky bashing, but the kit design would of been decided last year.....that trust eh?

there's no point saying the kit would have been decided last year, it will still be branded as a fault by Venky's

Yeah, soz. And it was decided to get rid of Sam, JW, Phil Jones, the sponsors, etc. by the last board too?? Historical Football kits isn't always correct didn't you know? I'll bash the owners any way I feel fit, cos I care. And they don't.

Oh, and if you change things little by little, eventually you don't know what has been changed cos it's always been like that, right!

You care so you hate? If you care then you should surely care enough for Venkys to do well?

JW left, PJ got sold, SA got sacked. Nice to see you've got your eye on the ball. But what does that have to do about the new kit??

Bit in bold, what the frig are you goin on about? :blink:

• Backroom

Venkys have done a lot wrong but the kit isn't one of them, it was decided before the family had probably even heard of Blackburn Rovers.

Edit: Just remembered I edited the kit on a Pro Evo 2011 and the only halves was this way and it looked weird.

I can't say I care for the new strip. The red trim on the collar and cuffs is very much late seventies, early eighties style. The blue is a little lighter than usual, not quite as light as the shirt we wore in 1990-91 but similar. However, the major change is moving to halves instead of quarters. I know I'm an old traditionalist but somehow it doesn't look right having the same colour on both sides of the same half. Still, I suppose the name of the game is selling shirts and there is only so much tinkering they can do with collars and cuffs but it just doesn't seem right to do away with the traditional design.

it's on Facebook that Venky's will be the shirt sponsor JUST for the trip to India and the Asia Trophy.

Before everybody goes mad and start moaning. I reckon want the publicity in Asia and India for the Venky's brand over there. But they know that most of the Fans will not buy a rovers shirt with Venky's on it. So they will use the Venky's brand over there and then get us a new sponsor after the Asia Trophy!!!

The rovers home and away shirts are in the Club shop store room at Ewood Park.

Archived