BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I thought and said all along that it would make sense to have Venkys on the shirt for the Asia trophy. It's a televised event and a perfect chance for them.

I can't say I care for the new strip. The red trim on the collar and cuffs is very much late seventies, early eighties style. The blue is a little lighter than usual, not quite as light as the shirt we wore in 1990-91 but similar. However, the major change is moving to halves instead of quarters. I know I'm an old traditionalist but somehow it doesn't look right having the same colour on both sides of the same half. Still, I suppose the name of the game is selling shirts and there is only so much tinkering they can do with collars and cuffs but it just doesn't seem right to do away with the traditional design.

Sorry I think I have missed something here. Are you human or reptilian. One looks at the front of the shirt – it’s halved. One looks at the back of the shirt – it’s halved. If you want to talk quarters, toddle off to Bristol.

I have not seen this shirt you’re referring to (please post) but as long as one panel on the front is blue and one white (repeat on reverse) then that’s good enough for me. I don’t know about you, but I can only see one side at a time!

And then there’s this white shirt thing - isn’t that a one off, when we played a cup final in dinner shirts in order to stop a clash of colours or something similar. Correct me if I’m wrong but I was under the impression that our beloved club was the only English professional club never to change it’s shirt design/colours since it’s inception. Look at our inaugural team photographs from 1875 – halved shirts unless I’m very much mistaken! I know things are a little quiet at the moment but PLEASE!

I actually like the idea that we might have some variation on the home shirt. As long as blue and white halves are included then it can't hurt to have some change. Im fairly sure that we used to have a strip where the blue and white was in the opposite halves for some of the players. Can't really judge until the photo's are out though.

Wasn't 1875 when we had an all White shirt?

Also, sorry to ruin your Venky bashing, but the kit design would of been decided last year.....that trust eh?

So :huh: who decides/dictates what the kit looks like? The manufacturers or the people who actually own the club? :huh:

It`s an honest question?

I`m sure the club have the power to tell umbro or whoever "No. We don`t like that design. Change it"

why do we refer to our kit as blue and white halves, and not blue and white quarters? we always asking for a red and black halved kit or a yellow and black halved kit, but not quarters?

why do we refer to our kit as blue and white halves, and not blue and white quarters? we always asking for a red and black halved kit or a yellow and black halved kit, but not quarters?

Well it's only quarters if you cut it down one side and laid it flat. Which the vast majority of people don't do!!! To look at it is halves.

According to the Rovers A-Z we had a very brief period (does not specify when!) where we played in quarters like Bristol Rovers, but it did not even last a season. Imagine the uproar now!

Get over it people, does it really bloody matter that much?! The shirt ain't changed to claret and blue!!!

The fundamental design of the shirt hasn't changes since the WW2 and you think this shouldn't be discussed? :unsure:

By Rovers fans? :blink:

On a Rovers Internet forum?? :wacko:

Very good question mate. For me, we play in halves. As in half the front of the kit is one colour, the other half is another. Not in quarters.

If the venkys have got rid of our tradition then I'm disgusted.I think they have done enough now .Are they purposly trying to antagonise and wind the fans up? ?

Rovers have blue & white quartered shirts. Not halves. It mattered in 1875 and it matters now. This bunch of idiots had better get their act together sharpish.

So :huh: who decides/dictates what the kit looks like? The manufacturers or the people who actually own the club? :huh:

It`s an honest question?

I`m sure the club have the power to tell umbro or whoever "No. We don`t like that design. Change it"

The new seasons kits are picked around September of each year, so they were not even in charge at that time! To blame Venkys for any kit change for this season is typical of some on this board.

I would get your opinions on here about future kits now, but you cant blame them for last seasons choice.

Note to Venkys - 2 halved kits next season please. Blue n White @ home, Red & Black away.

Will definetly buy that, looks smart, hope we get a decent sponsor that doesn't ruin it

Don't really think it matters about the change in colours on the back in my opinion because you got to keep changing the shirt somehow and make it look fresh and different from the year before

Archived