BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging only by that picture I think it's the best looking kit we've had for a very, very long time!

As for the sponsor, something red and white like the McEwans of the good old times would look good I think.

Don't know why so many wants kingfisher or cobra, they're really poor beers with no taste.

Maybe this wasn't too far off the mark after all... albeit the back colours are reversed.

roversfinal.jpg

I like it but I echo the sponsor needs to be right. Wonder if Venkys will keep their own logo after the Asia Cup rather than leave it blank - if they can't get a sponsor.

Interestingly though jisty looking at the inside of the neck on the front view of the shirt it does look like the blue on the back is on the same side as the front. It looks a little darker.

Looks like that was spot on.

This could be a good money spinner for the club in allowing the fans the opportunity to purchase not one but TWO types of home shirt.

One with the sponsors name on, and one without, the choice is yours, maybe some fans would buy both who knows, thus, if they did, it would increase sales of the home shirts.Just a thought.

I really doubt it. Part of the value to sponsors is that anyone buying a replica kit will become a walking advertisement.

Oh. I swear someone on here said you could.

Must have dreamt it.

Interestingly though jisty looking at the inside of the neck on the front view of the shirt it does look like the blue on the back is on the same side as the front. It looks a little darker.

Looks like that was spot on.

Great spot Ricky. I was just going off the right hand pic of the back of the shirt.

Oh. I swear someone on here said you could.

Must have dreamt it.

In theory we could release it without a sponsor as it isn't a requirement, but what Lechuck is saying is that part of what sponsors are paying for is so that their logo is on every shirt of people walking around. So if we've already released it it may be (even) harder to get a sponsor as they've missed out on that advertising opportunity.

I think I mentioned this already but a couple of years ago Wigan rugby released their shirts sponsor-less as they hadn't got one yet. When they did get a sponsor you could take your shirt to the Wigan shop and get it ironed on - I very much doubt many people bothered!

Archived