BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

The last few hours on this thread are proof that Venkys don't need to do a lot to get the fans on side.

But they do need to do it!

(Even though, ironically, it's already been established that the credit for this shirt can't go to Venkys :lol: )

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 excellent shirt designs Rovers - Well Done!

All we need now is for them to stay like that (ie NO sponsor)!

If they were released now, i'd defo get them... sadly though I expect some horrible logo will ruin them and put me off.

Not going to happen, Ben. They must feel there is time to get the sponsor sorted or the shirts would already be out.

(As it goes, I'd buy a sponsor-less one too!)

Note to Venkys - 2 halved kits next season please. Blue n White @ home, Red & Black away.

I like the idea of halved away kits. It ties into the home kit tradition. But I would prefer something other than red and black. Perhaps orange and purple?

http://twitpic.com/5o2ii7\

new home kit from yesterday

Looks sharp. I definitely be getting one, with or without a black box on front.

Looks good ! :brfc:

Regarding the away kit, why didnt the owners pick the Indian national colours for the Rovers away kit.

Orange, green and white. That might work. And would possibly improve sales in India and tie the club closer to the Indian market.

Not going to happen, Ben. They must feel there is time to get the sponsor sorted or the shirts would already be out.

(As it goes, I'd buy a sponsor-less one too!)

If they can't get the money they want, they should donate the space to charity. They won't cave and go for less than they'd like, but they might get some tax benefits (if the UK is anything like the US) by allowing a charity the use of the space for the balance of the season.

Orange, green and white. That might work. And would possibly improve sales in India and tie the club closer to the Indian market.

All those colours are in the club badge, so dont see why we cant use them.

Would it be orange shirt or a green shirt followed by white shorts followed by either orange or green socks. Designed well could be effective. Interesting that the Indian national team play in a blue and white kit given the colours of their national flag.

In theory we could release it without a sponsor as it isn't a requirement, but what Lechuck is saying is that part of what sponsors are paying for is so that their logo is on every shirt of people walking around. So if we've already released it it may be (even) harder to get a sponsor as they've missed out on that advertising opportunity.

I'm sure the club would make a killing if they offered a premium for sponsorless shirts. Of course, like you imply, there's probably legal obstructions there. But so long as the players and club itself are promoting the brand, I don't see the problem.

Loving the pictures of the new shirt. I will definitely be buying one this year. Obviously a sponsor would be better for the club but for purely selfish reasons I wouldn't be disappointed having a sponsorless shirt!

I am not fussed about what the shorts or socks look like, I stopped wearing the full kit to games when I realised I was never going to be selected for the team just in case any players pulled out at the last minute! :lol:

Loving the pictures of the new shirt. I will definitely be buying one this year. Obviously a sponsor would be better for the club but for purely selfish reasons I wouldn't be disappointed having a sponsorless shirt!

I am not fussed about what the shorts or socks look like, I stopped wearing the full kit to games when I realised I was never going to be selected for the team just in case any players pulled out at the last minute! :lol:

Not sure about that, Tim. I suggest you bring your boots, your time could be now! :D

Tim we could give you a cameo against swansea I'm sure given the chance you can't be any worse than I can't score in an open goal Roberts :rolleyes: I have to admit that kit looks ok the colours are ok but to mess with tradition with the colours is disgusting & should not be allowed & Venkys need to stand up & tell Umbro they don't like it & get it changed also another point the blue & white on the front will be ok but on the back the blue & white will be the wrong way round so how will it work for instance the recent laptop skin on sale in the shop is white & blue if they make the new shirts exactly the same on both sides the back of the shirt will not be the same as the logo so how will it work & more importantly will they start incorporating into all the new products just seems wrong to mess with tradition IMO.

Seriously? We are kicking off about which side the blue on the back is? I'd have hated this board to have been around when we went to that crappy light blue not so long ago! Place would have been in meltdown! Bigger fish to fry me thinks! Personally I like the kit!

Seriously? We are kicking off about which side the blue on the back is? I'd have hated this board to have been around when we went to that crappy light blue not so long ago! Place would have been in meltdown! Bigger fish to fry me thinks! Personally I like the kit!

Agree with you there.

Andy Cryer said there was a radical change on the new kit, I dont think its that radical, its cool. And a bit retro as well, which is nice to see, looks very smart. Looking forward to the release, with the sponsor! ;)

Tim we could give you a cameo against swansea I'm sure given the chance you can't be any worse than I can't score in an open goal Roberts :rolleyes: I have to admit that kit looks ok the colours are ok but to mess with tradition with the colours is disgusting & should not be allowed & Venkys need to stand up & tell Umbro they don't like it & get it changed also another point the blue & white on the front will be ok but on the back the blue & white will be the wrong way round so how will it work for instance the recent laptop skin on sale in the shop is white & blue if they make the new shirts exactly the same on both sides the back of the shirt will not be the same as the logo so how will it work & more importantly will they start incorporating into all the new products just seems wrong to mess with tradition IMO.

How'd you expect anyone to read that stream of crap without any punctuation?

Archived