BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

It's not the first time Eglia. At least we are playing pre-season matches in this years kit. It has been far worse........like shirts going on sale at the 3rd home game

i wouldn't bet on that not happening again myself

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

So the mascot does actually appear to be wearing the new kit after all and we were right to speculate about a red trim.

Looks as though Rovers have never had sleeves matching the attached half of the shirt. Although in the first half of the 1900s the blue and white swapped sides several times.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Blackburn_Rovers/Blackburn_Rovers.htm

If this was decided by the previous regime, Clare, then they've really handed over a lit bag of poo for the new owners to stamp out.

If the new regime have come up with it, they really don't know how to get people on side!

I look forward to seeing it though!

My first reaction to the kit worn at Kendal was that it was an abomination and that no matter how smart, good or cool it looked, it was outrageous to alter Rovers traditional kit so that it was no longer blue and white halves reversed on the back (or quarters if you like). This goes to the very identity of the club along with the name, Blackburn Rovers, and the location, the town of Blackburn. But then I had a look at the 'historical kits' website kindly linked above by Jisty and it was a revelation to me to learn that the blue half and the white half have not always appeared on the same side as they do now. So I'm not sure now whether the halves have always been reversed on the back. Outrage on hold pending further clarification !

Ugh, what is this, the 1980s? What a dog's dinner Umbro have made of a very simple task.

Actually, they've completely outdone themselves. The red trim is certainly similar to the designs throughout the '80s, but the shape of it is very modern. It's a nice blend of "Retro" and current trend. It's far and away the best shirt we've had for years. Echoes of my favourite kit, the Ribero/ICI perspex design, albeit a darker blue. The red trim works similarly and is vital to break the piece up.

But what do I know?

I'm always usually reluctant to spend £45 on a Rovers shirt, but with a decent looking sponsor that's a definite purchase.

I am no problem supporting my team by buying a shirt but not with crazy black crown logo across the front.

Who ever agreed that on behalf of Rovers has hopefully already left the club.

Archived