BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

As i said i'm not suggesting i'm well in the know or anything but i've heard from someone who was reliable before that Venkys will be the name on the shirts. I've hardly been on here recently as with so little transfer activity it's all a bit depressing but when i heard i thought i'd check as I assumed this would already been mentioned.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to bring up a fiery old debate, but i can't help but think that this logo would look great on the shirt...

roverslogo.jpg

Really hoping there's a sponsor-free version available to purchase. Wish they did this for all shirts available to fans actually. It should be an option.

As i said i'm not suggesting i'm well in the know or anything but i've heard from someone who was reliable before that Venkys will be the name on the shirts. I've hardly been on here recently as with so little transfer activity it's all a bit depressing but when i heard i thought i'd check as I assumed this would already been mentioned.

And if the rumours from the podcast are true then this would be an ideal way for Venkys to remain committed to the club.

It will give them the exposure they seem to crave but will not be as blatant as the owners actually sponsoring the shirts...

When you piece all these little bits together I can see a clearer picture appearing - or maybe I'm just being blindly optimistic AGAIN!!!

I hope you're right, that a sponsorless shirt will be available. There is no chance in hell I'm walking around with Venky's on my chest. Unless I deface the logo that is!

i really really REALLY want a home shirt WITHOUT a sponsor on. Ive rang the club shop and they said they know nothing about any new kits at the moment

We can only hope - but I seriously doubt it, as selling the shirts without the sponsors logo on it actually devalues the act of sponsorship.

But then again if you slap a Venky's logo on those classic blue and white halves, your actually devaluing the shirt! They wouldn't sell 10!

I'm holding my breath!

We can only hope - but I seriously doubt it, as selling the shirts without the sponsors logo on it actually devalues the act of sponsorship.

But then again if you slap a Venky's logo on those classic blue and white halves, your actually devaluing the shirt! They wouldn't sell 10!

I'm holding my breath!

Wigan Warriors did it whilst they negotiated with sponsors. As it happens, the sponsor-free kit didn't sell anything like as well as it did when the shirt with sponsors was launched.

What i don't understand is why the club are so secretive reguarding the new shirt!!

Either this is the new home shirt, or it aint!!!!

The club really needs to sort it's act out, because yet again the PR is nothing short of pathetic!!!

Christ it's mid july!!! Aven't us Rovers fans suffered enough????

Wigan Warriors did it whilst they negotiated with sponsors. As it happens, the sponsor-free kit didn't sell anything like as well as it did when the shirt with sponsors was launched.

Interesting, and probably a reflection of the times we live in - where it's not actually a football shirt (i know you made a rugby reference) unless it's got a sponsors logo blasted all over it.

Lets face it, our new shirt without a logo looks like you could have bought it from 'Toffs' - not that that's a bad thing. But would that appeal to the majority of the shirt buying public?

Would be interesting to see how the sales split between adult / child stacked up, as I cant see many kids wanting a kit they didn't see on MOTD every week.

I'll try and put this in a way that doesn't get deleted this time, so I'll keep it brief - since when has it been quarters? it's halves and they are blue and white - they have never had a set side or a set shade of blue.

You can only see one side of the shirt at a time, either front or back! ....... It's Halves I tell you - Halves!

I'd be happy to buy the shirt without a sponsor, it might be historical in the sense that it's the first shirt in years without a sponsor - as well as the last shirt while still playing in the Premier League.

Did we not play in a replica of our first kit for a game against Wolves in 2000 to celebrate 125 years?

Yes, I'm a pedant.

Archived