BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirt 2011/12

Venky's taking the club for a ride. REALLY annoyed about this.

We are missing out on a lot of money from shirt sponsorship by giving it to Venky's free. This better just be for the Asia trophy, otherwise we're being totally screwed over.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venky's taking the club for a ride. REALLY annoyed about this.

We are missing out on a lot of money from shirt sponsorship by giving it to Venky's free. This better just be for the Asia trophy, otherwise we're being totally screwed over.

They know fans won't be happy with it, so it's "temporary". In my experience if something's temporary long enough for people to get used to it, it becomes permanent. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that shirt - including sponsor - is exactly what we'll be wearing all next season.

They know fans won't be happy with it, so it's "temporary". In my experience if something's temporary long enough for people to get used to it, it becomes permanent. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that shirt - including sponsor - is exactly what we'll be wearing all next season.

Wasn't Steve Kean originally temporary...

looks nice if you ask me, although it's always hard to tell from photos. Think that gold stroke around the edge of the logo may be a bit of an eye sore when it's seen in person.

Venkys need a logo update, their current one is still living in the early 90's.

Is that the new keeper jersey, too? I hadn't seen it before.

I like it. Nice and simple in the middle of a sea of scary bad shirts from the rest of the league.

While the rest of the club may be in a bit of a monsoon of craziness, at least the fellas will be looking good on the field.

At least they will at home. Still not totally sold on the away kit yet. It's not terrible, but after seeing the home kit, it doesn't really match it well.

Would have loved to see that red and black halved away kit done in this retro style.

Anyway.

Is that a grella shirt hanging up in the back of that photo?

rog of the rovers.. Yeah I think you're right.

Also I don't know if people noticed but the socks theyre wearing in the Roberts pictures are blue but the socks worn by the reserves when they were photographed are white.

Maybe they're still not the final kit designs who knows ey.

You'd think if it was the final kit design they'd at least have started a teaser on the official site rather than letting people get glimpses before it's unveiled.

Maybe the sponsor issue but still...

Oof!!

This makes me feel better about our season!!!

They won't be able to change sponsor during the season. So any sponsor we get once it starts will be for next season. As for money, surley venky's have to pay for the sponsor, so putting money into the club.

Is that a Premier League ruling? I know West Brom had game by game sponsors a couple of seasons ago but they were in the Championship at the time.

Hope that is just temporary, no way am I buying anything with those clown's name's on the front. :angry2:

I think the rovers badge is the one that matters anyway, so buy it for that if you're so inclined.

The Venky's one looks like one of those plasticy ones (think bet24) so you could easily remove it anyway.

The Venky's one looks like one of those plasticy ones (think bet24) so you could easily remove it anyway.

I did that with the Bet 24 sponsor on my red and black halved away, left a right mess and couldn't really wear it out again, so I won't be doing that again. ;)

Archived