BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DO NOT GIVE ROQUE SANTA CRUZ A PERMANANT CONTRACT

Guest roverite1991

It's because the Raos either don't have or are not prepared to spend money. They wanted PL football on the cheap and this is the result.

You can't chastise them for wanting the same as the Walkers'......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's because the Raos either don't have or are not prepared to spend money. They wanted PL football on the cheap and this is the result.

Whoa you can't be saying that. Have you not looked at the Venky's transfer list thread? :rolleyes:

)

How do you work that out, Paul? We are allegedly paying his (hefty) wages and Man City won't let us have him without a price - so someone is/will be spending money.

As I said before, I am hoping this is just trying to get him to up his game in the hope of getting a new contract with us, I truly hope it is not seriously going to happen.

)

How do you work that out, Paul? We are allegedly paying his (hefty) wages and Man City won't let us have him without a price - so someone is/will be spending money.n.

Wages and transfer fees are two different items. Wages are an operating cost, transfer fees are effectively capital investment, for accounting purposes the two are very different. Rovers are presumably making an operating loss, which is where we pay the wages, buying a decent footballer for say £10m is a balance sheet item.

Wages cost the club money from income, as we have no cash reserves transfer fees would have to be funded by either Venky or Rao money.

I don't believe they have any intention of investing transfer funds in the club beyond the £5m promised per season That will buy us nothing and would be wasted on RSC.

How much did we sell him for two seasons ago? £18 mill?

Amazing, isn't it?

Everything Hughes did that involved Blackburn was great from his 2002 cup final performance to his very kind purchase of Santa lol

Did he not score on his debut at Tranmere?

If you are talking about RSC, he did score on his debut, and within minutes of coming on as a sub. The only thing wrong with your post is the venue ..........it was away at Middlesboro.

Get rid, I was done with this fella when I saw him chicken out of a challenge yesterday. Both him and the Wham player were a couple of yards from the ball yet and he backed off, a bit of hustle he could have won it. Don't want that lack of commitment in my team really.

he cant be considered unfortunatly, he was top class for us that season but lack of games and niggiling injurys have stunned him. it would'nt be a wise investment, his injury record mean his days at this level are numbered, alot like Dunn, wont play at this level further then 32-33 unlike plays such as giggs etc. lovely guy but no.

We shouldn't even consider signing him permanently. He looks a shadow of his former self and unfortunately the injuries look like they have finally caught up with him. You can't blame him for hid injury problems, but what you can blame him for is a lack of effort when he does play and which was plainly evident on Saturday by all accounts. We need to have better targets than this in the summer.

Would this topic have been set-up if Santa Cruz's header was just the other side of the post on Saturday?

As I started the topic, I suppose I should answer your question. YES RSC is now finished at this level. I watched him v whu on saturday and he was an embarrassment. Samba did everything he could to help Rovers keep the point, whereas RSC did nothing at all.

I wouldn't sign him permanently, but had a few of his headers gone in, instead of hitting the post, then different story. its not his ability, but his attitude in the games that is most disappointing.

I wouldn't sign him permanently, but had a few of his headers gone in, instead of hitting the post, then different story. its not his ability, but his attitude in the games that is most disappointing.

I'm not sure it's an attitude problem, he just doesn't look fit. He looks unable to exert himself physically due to the fear of getting injured.

He looked like this in the World Cup as well. I don't really blame us for taking a gamble on loaning him because we all know how good he can be, but it's obvious now that his time has passed.

It's a shame injuries have ruined him, for a man of his ability to only have one good season in European football in his career is such a waste of talent.

I'm not sure it's an attitude problem, he just doesn't look fit. He looks unable to exert himself physically due to the fear of getting injured.

He looked like this in the World Cup as well. I don't really blame us for taking a gamble on loaning him because we all know how good he can be, but it's obvious now that his time has passed.

It's a shame injuries have ruined him, for a man of his ability to only have one good season in European football in his career is such a waste of talent.

but he's good looking and extremely rich so 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Accurate assessment.

Archived