BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Wolves vs. Rovers; 22 May 2011.

Just seen the Spanish la liga table and 11th place was ONE point ahead of team that got relegated! We think our league is tight!

Watched La Liga and it should act as a spur today! Zaragoza who were in the relegation spot went to Levante (a team safe in mid table) and attacked from the start - deserved 2-1 winners. Several other of the less fancied teams around the bottom also drew or won. Mallorca who seemed safe a few weeks ago and started the day in 14th lost 3-4 at home and finished 4th from bottom. Deportivo missed a sitter 5 mins from time which would have given them a draw - sending Mallorca down. Nervy stuff (I follow Mallorca's fortunes in the Spanish league. Eventually the once mighty Deportivo went down. With ten mins to go there was a chance that 3 teams could have ended up on the same points, with the same goal difference!

Come on Rovers - don't take anything for granted - attack and go for the win. Fortune favours the brave!

COYB

To all those going today - safe journey and stick it up the Wolves!

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have washed two cars, hoovered out one car, washed two bikes and polished one. What can I do next?

May well have to go and lay down as I'm beginning to feel tired and scratchy.

We won't go down but 5.45pm is a long way off.

My car could do with a wash and valet... :D

Getting ready to head out. Nervous this morning when picking out what shirt to wear, as wearing the wrong one will send us down (superstitious? Me? Never.). Decided on the black and red halves, just beating out a long sleeve Savage home shirt.

You still wish that we had been bought out by that Syed bloke eh?? The one who you were championing...

Surely he can still be angry at the current owners even if the person he wanted to buy us would have been worse. Ok, I don't usually get involved in these kind of posts but I think the tension is getting to me!

God I hope Samba is fit. I'm pretty confident really because the last 4 or 5 games we've done OK but I am expecting a barrage at some stage. You really fear for this rudderless ship if we go down so we have to do it today.

Everyone in the media is expecting (or wanting) a home win, when you take into account the last two teams they played and beat, West Brom (who are already sunning it in St Tropez or wherever) and Sunderland (who I think Accy Stanley could beat at the moment) they are hopefully going to be going into this game a bit too cocky and expecting the win. With a full strength squad and a fantastic set of fans I think we are more than capable of pulling this one off.

Wolves 0-2 Rovers.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

All the best to the team, the management, supporters & everyone that is connected to the club!! Today we need to forget everything that has happened the season & show that we deserve to be in this league!!!

COME ON YOU ROVERS!!!

Couldnt agree more - my arse has gone already and the wait is killing me. i just hope that come 6pm today Ill be a happy Rover looking forward to another season in the top flight!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!

Guest roverspogges

I'm not nervous at all to be honest, I can't see big club or pool winning so I think we will be safe. Can't wait to see how it all pans out though, its going to be fun :)

With ten mins to go there was a chance that 3 teams could have ended up on the same points, with the same goal difference!

Which wouldn't have mattered as it's head to head in Spain. Also the BBC seem to think that Malaga (in 11th) finished 3 points ahead of Deportivo (in 18th)

La Liga table looks a little similar to the PL table except the bottom two and top two were totally detached.

Sunderland could gain £4m in place prize money today- it is that tight in the middle.

Stoke and Bolton have had great seasons and are in the top half of the table; they are 6 points or two wins ahead of Rovers. This is one reason why sacking Sam was so criminal, the current squad would have been certainties for 7th if those loons from Pune hadn't listened to the agent from hell.

Archived