pick32 Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 I don't care much about grammar people are writing on a message board not writing a dissertation. As for Zac's post I believe some of it is true about Schalke trying to get more money than he is worth because of Malaga's interest but the bit about us waiting for Kalanic money before paying the first installment for Goodwillie is utter tosh. Makes no sence when we have already signed Petrovic and people are confirming we have bid 4million for the POAK winger plus the new srtiker. How much do you think we are actualy getting for Kalanic? Zac you also seem to have alot of the same info as Nicko don't no if they are from the same source but if it is I would drop that source as Nicko has lost all credibility since the takeover.
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
A cup of beans Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 im sure it was reported on here a few days ago that the kalanic transfer cash will be payed instalments, first one being 1.5 million, and also we wouldn't be receiving the whole 6 million as his old club have a 15% selling on fee, zacc i appreciate your input on this page but it seams you are being sold false information its up to you watch you believe when the deal was 1st confirmed.. heard transfer fee to be paid in full.. havent been told anything different, since then.
Mercer Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Despite all the ifs, buts and maybes, the cold stark facts, with kick-off now three days away, are: We've lost two of our more efficient, proven performers (Jones & Jones) and also one with potential, that others, apart than Rovers, can see (Niko). Sales' proceeds, give or take, a million, £22m. We've signed, IMO, a nondescript Myles Anderson on a free, an annonymous and third rate Brazilian on a free and two players with potential but unproven in the PL (Willie & Petro) for c£6m. If Zac is right, and I think his track record is very decent, we are now scraping around for funds which would suggest that, IMO, Venky's have misled us yet again. Call me cynical, miserable or whatever but, actions speak louder than words.
A cup of beans Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 I don't care much about grammar people are writing on a message board not writing a dissertation. As for Zac's post I believe some of it is true about Schalke trying to get more money than he is worth because of Malaga's interest but the bit about us waiting for Kalanic money before paying the first installment for Goodwillie is utter tosh. Makes no sence when we have already signed Petrovic and people are confirming we have bid 4million for the POAK winger plus the new srtiker. How much do you think we are actualy getting for Kalanic? Zac you also seem to have alot of the same info as Nicko don't no if they are from the same source but if it is I would drop that source as Nicko has lost all credibility since the takeover. kalinic money was earmarked to fund a move for another striker. a lot of same info.. maybe we spk to some of the same people.. but it could work both ways.. couldnt it! i could be a source i have been known to share info with several journalists over the years and recently i have shared info with certain specific posters before anything comes to light.. and i have given specific info ie player names etc.. in threads!
goodwillie_style Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 its up to you watch you believe when the deal was 1st confirmed.. heard transfer fee to be paid in full.. havent been told anything different, since then. so if true answer how come were spending 3 mill on petrovic, 2 mill on goodwillie, 4 million bid for vieirinha and also the bid we have in for a un named defender and the main striker where trying to sign, that 6 million is going a very long way
A cup of beans Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 so if true answer how come were spending 3 mill on petrovic, 2 mill on goodwillie, 4 million bid for vieirinha and also the bid we have in for a un named defender and the main striker where trying to sign, that 6 million is going a very long way read the above post.. in answer to pick 32. people can and will believe what they want to.. ive no issue with that.
ERIKS666 Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 the bid for the portuguise lad seems to be off according to Cryers article in the LET as they have found fresh investment and want him to stay. 666 Roversforever
pick32 Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 the bid for the portuguise lad seems to be off according to Cryers article in the LET as they have found fresh investment and want him to stay. 666 Roversforever Looks like we will have to go to our back up target Gael Kakuta then he did well at Fulham and has plenty of pace.
Athlete Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 I posted a few week back about the squad being weaker than last season and of the need for bodies plus back up and have come back 2 a few days to go before the season starts and to put it bluntly our squad seems in a worse seems in a worse state than it did a few weeks back... especially as Samba is now injured , players gone for what ever reason but the fact of the matter is we are weaker than when we finished last season . All summer we have had this and that rumour but nothing actually happening apart from Good Willie/petrovic - the jurys out can he make the grade in the prem same as Petrovic as we all know the leagues in serbia and scotland are not exactly the same standard but I hope they come good . time is tickng for all those who kept saying give venkys/kean time , weeks till start of season end of window , etc . NO THE SEASON STARTS THIS SATURDAY TIMES NEARLY UP but come what may I'll be there on Saturday COYB
Moderation Lead K-Hod Posted August 10, 2011 Moderation Lead Posted August 10, 2011 Quite a rational post above- to my mind, judging by the first teamers we've lost (that played), P Jones, J Jones, RSC, MB Diouf, Benjani (ignoring Andrews/Kalinic) we've signed 2, so by my reckoning, a defender and additional striker should be the top priorities!!
Speedie Dived Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 so if true answer how come were spending 3 mill on petrovic, 2 mill on goodwillie, 4 million bid for vieirinha and also the bid we have in for a un named defender and the main striker where trying to sign, that 6 million is going a very long way Vieirinha deal is off. Petrovic is undisclosed (rumoured 2.5 up front) and Goodwillie payment was highly rumoured to coming from Kalinic brass, as it stands Dundee United have not had a penny off us. The big name striker was a rumour heard by several people, others have heard we are in the bargain bin and are going to utilise the loan system again. Heard nothing on the defender.
TheTMX Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Been told by a reliable source we had a scout at Blackpool v Hull and he will be at Blackpool v Wednesday tomorrow. Who would we be looking at from the seasiders now? Nothing may come of it, but It is worrying we are looking at players from there as of now!!
1864roverite Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Hope not as he is NOT a Premiership defender he is a plodder at best. Rovers missed a trick by not picking Upson when he was free. They appear to be mucking around when there is another class midfielder begging for a club in Hitzelsperger and he wont cost big wages such is his desperstion for a club. Hargreaves is also an option on a pay as you play, that is the only way he will get a club. i am certain things are happening but as Saturday approaches I am fearful and not optimistic of getting a win.
Veevs Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Gutted if the POAK deal if off.. not that we got close enough to the final deal anyway, looked a pretty exciting little transfer though. Is it just me or does it seem like one hell of allot of players out.. Linzaghi, Goulon, Diouf and Kalinic all have been left out in terms of squad numbers add that to Rigters, Zurub, JJ, PJ, RSC, Mame, Benjani, Fielding, Potts, Doran and Brown. Lets not forget Andrews is also in talks with Ipswich atm. Not complaining about many of the people going but thats one hell of allot of players of the wage bill and no longer backing up the squad.. btw is our third choice keeper any good? Youth?
Iceman Posted August 10, 2011 Author Posted August 10, 2011 He put an extra a in the spelling, jeez get over it, stop being so petty, it's annoying. i dont want to sound petty, but there is no R in Salgado either. so its an extra a and a R from what i hear.. raul doesnt really want to play for another spanish team.. salagardo has, convinced him to come to england and rovers.. and he wants too. rovers have been haggling over a fee with schalke for weeks.. they have quoted 4m to rovers.
TheTMX Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Matt Phillips, good left footed winger. Apparently it can't be him as he's away with the U20's currently.
Scott18 Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Been told by a reliable source we had a scout at Blackpool v Hull and he will be at Blackpool v Wednesday tomorrow. Who would we be looking at from the seasiders now? Nothing may come of it, but It is worrying we are looking at players from there as of now!! Matt Gilks, rumoured to be interested in him.
Gav Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Not sure why we didn’t get a mention when Long from Reading was for sale, now gone to WBA. This lad seemed to tick all the boxes on our buying policy, but not a word. I have an uneasy feeling we’re going getting Robbie Keane, and pay 3m for him, I have no source, just a feeling Been told by a reliable source we had a scout at Blackpool v Hull and he will be at Blackpool v Wednesday tomorrow. Who would we be looking at from the seasiders now? Nothing may come of it, but It is worrying we are looking at players from there as of now!! With all due respecT, Blackpool had a great season last season and it wasn't all Charlie Adams influenece, nothng wrong with looking in the lower leagues for talent.
Balwer Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 They have already lost Vaughan and DJ though Gav. Not sure which other top players are left. Also Long was 7m, seems a bit out of our price range as it stands.
Neal Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Wouldn't surprise me if the player we're looking at is Alex Baptiste. Plays anywhere across the back 4 and is only 24 years old.
modes98 Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Nothing may come of it, but It is worrying we are looking at players from there as of now!! Why? What's wrong with looking at lower league players? Just because they aren't foreign doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking to sign them.
Hughesy Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 SSN News: Blackburn manager Steve Kean is looking to bolster his defensive options and admits he is closing on Leicester's Sol Bamba.
deryck guyler's spoon Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 They have already lost Vaughan and DJ though Gav. Not sure which other top players are left. Also Long was 7m, seems a bit out of our price range as it stands. The keeper as mentioned above would be decent back up for Robinson. Wasn't he quite impressive last season prior to picking up an injury?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.