AJW Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 as an addition to the C/B we have now (i.e incl Samba) Yobo would be ok , if he's to replace Samba
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
MarkBRFC Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Cryer saying nothing is happening with Bentley. With the viera deal pretty much dead, i wonder if we will still go for a winger, or concentrate on the more important areas of striker & centre half.
blueandwhiteheart Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Derbyshire is defo going Forest on loan, had a meeting with the manager today.
Pitty Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Derbyshire is defo going Forest on loan, had a meeting with the manager today. Derbyshire is not Rovers related anymore so dont why he keeps being brought up i this thread.
bluefred Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Derbyshire is not Rovers related anymore so dont why he keeps being brought up i this thread. he wasnt good enough wene he was last here , so whats changed > ? championship is his level.
The Rover of Finland Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 This was suppose to be busy week and there was hope for a few new players for the opening. Not gonna happen. Glen, any new info of the striker?
67splitscreen Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 I still think we will get Onouha, either on loan or on a permant basis. if we are lucky, Scott Dann Dann is currently injured, if media reports are to be believed on Arsenals list of CB's at 7m.
magicalmortensleftpeg Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 It sounds like our window will now directly hinge upon whether this unnamed striker arrives. The Vierinha deal had a grim inevitability about it but that goes on a pile of god knows how many deals that have fallen apart for one reason or another. We desperately need something to happen soon. I dont doubt Venky's sincerity when they promise x,y and z but there has to come a point when you look down at the team sheet and start to question where the players we need are going to come from. Petrovic sounds like a good move, but replacing J.Jones was a given. A decent new striker is paramount because as it stands we're one injury to Junior Hoilett away from being a side without any serious attacking threat at all. The next 3 weeks off the pitch will define our season. The side as is stands is no better then when we finished last season. 2/3 decent signings will change that drastically. We're not far off, but things need to happen quickly.
chaddyrovers Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 from Northern Rover on twitter:- I expect minimum of a striker and defender then possibly a couple of loan deals. Might go upto deadline day!
PAFELL Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 from Northern Rover on twitter:- I expect minimum of a striker and defender then possibly a couple of loan deals. Might go upto deadline day! These players should be here already. Season starts on saturday.
goodwillie_style Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Northern_Rover Northern Rover No point speculating on names until bids are accepted. But some good players being tracked. Time to judge will be 1st Septembe
jedijoela928 Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 This may have been said previously, but surely with no registered No.9 and Mr Goodwillie wearing No. 25 we must be signing a CF at least, does concern me though that it could be Keane in a deal Samba deal...
booth Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Northern_Rover Northern Rover No point speculating on names until bids are accepted. But some good players being tracked. Time to judge will be 1st Septembe Don't know about anyone else but my judgement will begin on Saturday at 3pm.
92er Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Alan Nixon said on the Radio Lancashire programme that the players we are currently after are a squad centre half and a striker for around £3-4 million.
Hi Mack Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Cant believe we are starting the season with an inferior starting XI to the team that just managed to stay up last season........With at least £23M coming in you would have thought there would have been more action regarding transfers, With Goodwillie and Petrovic coming in so far i'd say we have covered JJ and Niko, we still needed a striker and a midfielder last season so we havent really got anywhere yet have we? Well Venkys have there £16M+ better off! In a sentance 2 days off the start of the season with 2 strikers. @ one point i thought we were getting Cisse, Witsel and Piatti.... ooooppps!
Exiled_Rover Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Cant believe we are starting the season with an inferior starting XI to the team that just managed to stay up last season........With at least £23M coming in you would have thought there would have been more action regarding transfers, With Goodwillie and Petrovic coming in so far i'd say we have covered JJ and Niko, we still needed a striker and a midfielder last season so we havent really got anywhere yet have we? Well Venkys have there £16M+ better off! In a sentance 2 days off the start of the season with 2 strikers. @ one point i thought we were getting Cisse, Witsel and Piatti.... ooooppps! We've simply got to hope that Petrovic, Goodwillie, and Formica shine or else it's the same old, tired squad.
Wiggy Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Time to judge will be 1st Septembe It's deja vu all over again!
BuckyRover Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 It's deja vu all over again! Not really. It's the end of the transfer window. When most business gets done.
goodwillie_style Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Alan Nixon said on the Radio Lancashire programme that the players we are currently after are a squad centre half and a striker for around £3-4 million. wouldnt believe everything he says anymore, he lost his inside contacts with rovers and blabbers rubbish most of the time now
1864roverite Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 what makes it all the sadder is that rovers,given a good start, coulkd easily be looking at 12 points on the board by the middle of september IF thet had improved the squad. that could be vital.
magicalmortensleftpeg Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 wouldnt believe everything he says anymore, he lost his inside contacts with rovers and blabbers rubbish most of the time now Get a grip. Nicko writes what he hears whether its good news or bad news. The fact that he doesn't know much about what is going on seems to be reflected by Venky's not having a clue either. Everyone who's had inside information including the likes of Kamy have been saying that this whole process has been a mess. The owners dont seem to know what's going on never mind the journalists.
goodwillie_style Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Get a grip. Nicko writes what he hears whether its good news or bad news. The fact that he doesn't know much about what is going on seems to be reflected by Venky's not having a clue either. Everyone who's had inside information including the likes of Kamy have been saying that this whole process has been a mess. The owners dont seem to know what's going on never mind the journalists. you must be one of the old brigade of nickorets who used to believe every word he said then, so far this summer he has had some right proper f**k ups with what he has said, i cant remember a thing he has got right for a while
PAFELL Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 Cant believe we are starting the season with an inferior starting XI to the team that just managed to stay up last season........With at least £23M coming in you would have thought there would have been more action regarding transfers, With Goodwillie and Petrovic coming in so far i'd say we have covered JJ and Niko, we still needed a striker and a midfielder last season so we havent really got anywhere yet have we? Well Venkys have there £16M+ better off! In a sentance 2 days off the start of the season with 2 strikers. @ one point i thought we were getting Cisse, Witsel and Piatti.... ooooppps! With these owners I can. How long has it taken to sign two players. To sell another - who's sale is yet to be completed. The Lancashire radio interview said that we have people at the club who have NO EXPERIENCE in dealing with the transfer market. These folk should have been the first in - though the preferred option was to keep JW and TF. I believe we are in for a very very long season and I dread the outcome. Get a grip. Nicko writes what he hears whether its good news or bad news. The fact that he doesn't know much about what is going on seems to be reflected by Venky's not having a clue either. Everyone who's had inside information including the likes of Kamy have been saying that this whole process has been a mess. The owners dont seem to know what's going on never mind the journalists. Correct.
adsfortheblues Posted August 10, 2011 Posted August 10, 2011 I'm just looking forward to the line up with bunn and Dunn, bamba and samba, Hanley and Henley in it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.