BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brett Emerton

Pitty

Great servant to the club, for JimMk2 to remark that about an Australian shows how important he has been to the club. Great bloke as well, pity it is Sydney FC and not Brisbane but oh well, it lifts the quality of our local league and good adveetising, Kewell and Emerton in one week.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing in one sense to see Brett move on. He is a model pro & i would have loved to see him serve out 10 years & become the first Aussie to rack up 10 years in the EPL (potential testimonial)

However my passion for BRFC started before he was in the blue & white & will continue after - This is good for the A-League & I look forward to give him a good reception in round 1 when he faces Melbourne!

Disappointing in one sense to see Brett move on. He is a model pro & i would have loved to see him serve out 10 years & become the first Aussie to rack up 10 years in the EPL (potential testimonial)

However my passion for BRFC started before he was in the blue & white & will continue after - This is good for the A-League & I look forward to give him a good reception in round 1 when he faces Melbourne!

I will be one Victory supporter that also gives Brett a good reception. I wish we signed Brett instead of Harry.

But hey, have a go at Venkys, why not.

who's fault is it then? His mate who I know said to me on Tuesday that he's had enough of kean and the owners.Perhaps you know? Another stalwart being shown the door ,they only want new blood to manipulate and brainwash like roberts .

I'll certainly give him a good reception when they play against Melbourne Heart.

What happened to Sydney Rover? Is he still around?

He is fine, but I don't think he comes by BRFCS much anymore.

What situ?

Salagado > Ribiero > Ramm > Henley :unsure: - How many more you want?

That adds up if Salgado can improve to the end of last season form - looks extremely suspect at the moment - and Riberio is actually any good. Its quite possible Slgado is going to continue to struggle and Riberio not make the grade. Then we are in trouble.

Ramm and Henley are not really options when our defence lacks solidity. If we want to bring them in we would like the other three in the back four to be settled but as it stands Nelsen is perenially injured, GIvet and Samba both unsettled and Olsson seemingly to still think he is playing wing despite starting at left back....

ps. Regarding why he has been let go for free it does suggest there is some duress on the wage budget and losing Emerton - presumably on around 40k - aves a lot of cash. Vukcevic would not have come cheap wage wise and if you view Emerton as a right winger (from last season it seems Kean does) then he is a direct replacement for the Aussie.

As I doubt we would get more than 1.5m for Emerton and it would entail a lot of ballsing around there is some sense in letting him go. Plus Emerton would have to want to go to Middlesborough or Turkey or wherever a club wanted to pay 1.5m for him. As it stands it looks like he only wants to go to Australia - perhaps particularly Sydney - and that would essentially destroy any bargaining power we had as we cannot play clubs off each other. In that context letting him go for free adds up.

Sad to see Emerton go - he has been a fantastic servant for both my club and country and it's a shame we're losing him now. Wish him all the best in Sydney. As I said before, when I was there to see Rovers, all the kids were queuing up hoping to get his autograph, he's a local hero over there and he'll do wonders for football in Australia.

With him at Sydney and Kewell at Melbourne Victory the A-League has the chance to improve it's attendances after the drop off in the past two. As an Australian I hope it works. As for Bert, got a lot of time for him and will be sad to see him go after the service he has provided. Had some good seasons and some poor ones. In 2011 he may not have made first XI but he was so versatile he'd have been the first sub chosen. All the best in Oz Brett.

What situ?

Salagado > Ribiero > Ramm > Henley :unsure: - How many more you want?

Let's look at that a little more closely.

Salgado pushing 36

Ribiero a total unknown even in his own country

Jackson Ramm went backwards last season in the reserves and couldn't always get into the team.

Henley a promising talent but nowhere near ready for the first team.

We may have bodies but I would dread to think what would happen if Salgado got injured.

Archived