BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

For me, the sign will be whether he's on the team coach after the game. Or will his chauffeur be taking him back to his home in Weybridge?

Sorry, Steve; you may think that's harsh, but if you want to get us fans onside, you've really got to do something to show us that you don't show the contempt you demonstrated last season.

Wonder if the club pick up his travel expense tab..

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't understand any of the rovers 'potential' team sheet at the moment. How can no one have vukevic in the starting line up? Please don't bring up the excuse of not used to the league yet cause when we signed Formica and Rochina back in Jan, both of them were in all 'potential' line-ups. Vukevic probably has the most quality in the whole squad. He was the main star of a CL team and yet everyone is putting Olsson, Formica, Hoilett, Goodwillie ahead of him. Dear god.... Steve Kean in disguise?

My team would be:

Robinson

Salgado Dann Samba Olsson

Nzonzi Petrovic

Hoilett Formica Vukevic

Yakubu

Personally, If Hoilett could play at left winger, I don't see any harm in trying Olsson or Givet out at right back and put Salgado on the bench. Our back line would be most assured then.

Anyways, score today? 0-2 For us. Hoilett and Vukevic.

(This is what I hope but knowing Kean, Dunn will play instead of Petrovic, Roberts upfront and Yak on the bench with Goodwillie, Dann sub with Givet partnering Samba.

I really don't understand any of the rovers 'potential' team sheet at the moment. How can no one have vukevic in the starting line up? Please don't bring up the excuse of not used to the league yet cause when we signed Formica and Rochina back in Jan, both of them were in all 'potential' line-ups. Vukevic probably has the most quality in the whole squad. He was the main star of a CL team and yet everyone is putting Olsson, Formica, Hoilett, Goodwillie ahead of him. Dear god.... Steve Kean in disguise?

My team would be:

Robinson

Salgado Dann Samba Olsson

Nzonzi Petrovic

Hoilett Formica Vukevic

Yakubu

Personally, If Hoilett could play at left winger, I don't see any harm in trying Olsson or Givet out at right back and put Salgado on the bench. Our back line would be most assured then.

Anyways, score today? 0-2 For us. Hoilett and Vukevic.

(This is what I hope but knowing Kean, Dunn will play instead of Petrovic, Roberts upfront and Yak on the bench with Goodwillie, Dann sub with Givet partnering Samba.

Simon Vukcevic has not started any club games this season, and only played 24 last season, not sure how much he was involved in preseason but would guess he needs a couple of sub matches before being in the starting line up.

I'm going to stick with my lineup:

Robbo

Givet Samba Dann Olsson

Petrovic Nzonzi

Hoilett Formica Vuckcevic

Yakubu

Subs: Bunn, Rochina, Salgado, Goodwillie, Hanley, Roberts, Dunn /Pedersen

Givet can be a solid right back, and Yakubu to start for me.

If he goes with some of the players he should then 1-3!

If it's Venky's Advert Rovers, then a draw.

Fed up of talking or even thinking about Kean, so until the match is over I'm just going to focus on the game.

Come on Rovers!

Been on the cashew fenny again?

Far from it young Ripley, There is only one Jack Walker has to be the anthem of the fans at Fulham today to send a clear message to Venky's that we are very unhappy without causing any upset amongst the supporters or detracting from the backing of the team.

Simon Vukcevic has not started any club games this season, and only played 24 last season, not sure how much he was involved in preseason but would guess he needs a couple of sub matches before being in the starting line up.

umm.... you do realize that their league only plays 30 games a season? so he missed 6 games but in all competitions he actually played 34. I would see no reason why he wasn't involved in Sporting's pre-season. My guess is that he is fully fit and ready to go. Just the 'not ready for PL' thing... but I am still bemused why nearly everyone is picking ANY of our AM's instead of him. Just because no one has seen him? He is quality. WAY above anything we have at the moment.

Robinson

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dann/Samba /Givet/Olsson

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nzonzi/ Petrovic

Simon /Forminca / Hoillet

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rochina

And yes i do believe that Rochina is a striker (movement between formica/hoillet/Rochina)-who the hell would fulham mark they wouldn't know who to pick up!!!

I'd wet myself with the pace of this side coming at me if i was Fulham

I am getting my comments in before the game , as a Rovers fan of many years , I want them to win every game..But I cannot see it today but hope springs eternal Fulham have not started to well either..

Steve Kean should be removed from his post at 6pm today regardless of the result . If we lose today that would make it 4 defeats on the spin. then Arsenal next week , no doubt 5 on the spin...

I have a ticket for Newcastle and hope we have a new man at the helm for that game.

Personally today I suspect a draw both teams won't want to lose .

Mark Hughes ? , better act fast before Bruce gets the bullet at Sunderland !!!

Totally down-hearted with the events at Ewood over the last year. I don't think I've ever been this low and I go back to 1961. We've had bad runs in the past but I could see a way out, hard to see one at the moment. I won't be watching or listening to the game I'm off to Rochdale Hornets V Oldham Roughyeds in the Rugby League play offs. I'm hoping for at least one of my teams to get a good result. Two wins and I'd be on cloud nine, is it too much to ask ? Come on Rovers, Come on Hornets !

could someone explain to me something I am surprised no-one picked up on it in the first game against wolves he played MGP on the left and Jnr on the right then for the next game he swapped the wingers round by playing Jnr on the left & MGP on the right why was this?

I would guess that he thought Salgado would benefit from the better protection that could be given by MGP (in theory). Also - more and more teams are playing wingers on the opposite side to their naturally favoured foot - to enable them to cut in.

My biggest fear today is Salgado - though I don't think it is entirely the players fault as Kean doesn't appear to give him much cover. Now that Emerton has gone - we don't appear to have a defensive type right side midfield player to provide him with any protection.

I just cannot see us picking up points under Kean.

We look disorganised, unmotivated and lacking in any kind of tactical guidance.

We did play relatively well against a massively weakened Everton, but still lost, so what hope do we have when we play a decent side at their ground - ie today?

I can't see any further than a comfortable Fulham win to be honest.

Kean must go.

I would guess that he thought Salgado would benefit from the better protection that could be given by MGP (in theory). Also - more and more teams are playing wingers on the opposite side to their naturally favoured foot - to enable them to cut in.

My biggest fear today is Salgado - though I don't think it is entirely the players fault as Kean doesn't appear to give him much cover. Now that Emerton has gone - we don't appear to have a defensive type right side midfield player to provide him with any protection.

Whatever happened to two footed wingers ? You know, the ones who could beat a full back on either side.

can anyone help!!! my tickets not arrived for the game today, well done ticket office, have tried calling the rovers ticket office but when 'press 2' to speak with an operator it just cuts out, I assume they're not open today?? am I basically screwed?

Doesn't look good does it?

You could try phoning Fulham's ticket office. They're a very helpful, fan-friendly club, from my experience.

Just can't get enthused about the game today and by the lack of posts on the match thread it looks like many others feel the same way.

The way our season has gone it actually wouldn't surprise me if we sneak a win, but then that just papers over the cracks and the tactically inept liar get's a reprieve.

Ideal outcome today? Rovers win and Kean gets sacked after the game.

Archived