BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

I think there is a way we can all win--its just a matter of being positive.

If we beat Fulham we get 3 points and move away from the bottom. If we lose, that little weasel is nearer the sack.

Easy isn't it?

If we win then Kean will stay for another 4-5 games. On paper those fixtures will be hard to get anything from, which could mean we are stuck at the bottom going into a tricky and hectic christmas period.

It's blasphemous I know but I would rather see us lose today and Kean gets axed than him staying any longer. I'm thinking in the long term rather than the short term here.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are tickets available on the gate today? I'm just outside london from a wedding last night and considering heading down for the game...

Got a feeling we'll win today.

Maybe in the neutral section? My dad is in London at the mo and went to get rickets on Thursday and there were only 7 left in the away end!

If we win then Kean will stay for another 4-5 games. On paper those fixtures will be hard to get anything from, which could mean we are stuck at the bottom going into a tricky and hectic christmas period.

It's blasphemous I know but I would rather see us lose today and Kean gets axed than him staying any longer. I'm thinking in the long term rather than the short term here.

yeah thinking with your brain and not your heart which few fans can do.

I think Fulham will be too weak though

• Backroom

I want Kean out but I could never want us to lose a game.

Having said that a draw doesn't do us much good in either respect.

I have some hope for the game but that will all go when I see that Roberts is starting. Dunn and Pedersen being out is a blessing though.

It will be interesting to see the new lads in action. More important than that though, is that the team shows far more idea of how to get results away from home. Hopefully Kean will have got us far more solid and Fulham wont walk through us. Rovers simply have to give Fulham a tough game here. We have to at least look like we have a game plan to dominate them and give them nothing at all.

What a state we find ourselves in, in that supporters are torn between seeing Rovers lose in the hope that the clown is sacked and seeing Rovers win, which we all ultimately do, with the downside that a win may give the clown a few more games to underline even further how unfit for the job he is.

I pointed out on the 'old' Kean thread that there was some speculation down there, from what a friend at West Ham has told me, that Curbishley will be our new manager sometime next week. Interesting to see if he's at the game today.

Unfortunately, I think Roberts will again start today, however, what will be interesting is his body language if he doesn't !!! Lets not forget the great drama queen performances when Sam had, rightly IMO, sidelined him. No one will forget his histrionics at Spuds when he scored that goal - great team spirit there, not !!!. No wonder, IMO, that he gets on so well with Kean as they are both cut from the same '@rse-licking' mold.

Just got a feeling that we are going to escape with a 'raggy draw', if we survive the first 20 minutes without conceding - a tad worried that Dann is desperately short of match practice as didn't play in any of Brum's pre season or start of season fixtures.

I think we will get our first points on the board today, whether that is three or one I dont know. I suspect the latter.

However, my blind optimisim as a rovers fan suggests that we will win 3-1. Hoilett,Samba and the Yak to score. This saving Kean for about 4 more weeks.

COYB!

Unfortunately, I think Roberts will again start today, however, what will be interesting is his body language if he doesn't !!! Lets not forget the great drama queen performances when Sam had, rightly IMO, sidelined him. No one will forget his histrionics at Spuds when he scored that goal - great team spirit there, not !!!. No wonder, IMO, that he gets on so well with Kean as they are both cut from the same '@rse-licking' mold.

And his on-field histrionics in both home League games so far this season: he was lucky not to talk himself into a red card in the Wolves' game when he'd already been shown a yellow for arguing with the Ref; and he spent far too long giving Olsson grief in the first half against Everton when a pass didn't go just where JR wanted it to. On both occasions, he gave the impression that the game didn't matter as much as him expressing his opinion.

Just got a feeling that we are going to escape with a 'raggy draw' if we survive the first 20 minutes without conceding - a tad worried that Dann is desperately short of match practice as didn't play in any of Brum's pre season or start of season fixtures.

I think it's actually worse than that; wasn't he injured in the League Cup semi-finals in January so that he couldn't play again for the rest of last season?

I wouldn't be surprised if his lack of match-fitness means that he starts on the bench today, despite our manager stressing how our training regime is such that new recruits can be quickly integrated into the team.

Chris Flaming Coleman in the pundit's seat for Sky's coverage this afternoon.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Very predictable of Sky.

It's ok saying it's thinking with your brains, when people say they want us to lose, but it's a frightening prospect with our owners.

What if we lose and he really is 'unsackable'?

Or he manages to convince them that his players are settling in so he gets more time?

Or they sack him without a replacement and put Jensen in charge temporarily? Oh yeah ANYONE is better than Kean.

Or some potential managers are put off because we can't get a point in four games? (ok this is a weak argument)

What if we get battered and our goal difference takes a big hit? (again pretty weak)

Another opportunity in a winnable game gone, especially with Fulham being poor and possible relegation rivals.

More damaged confidence to the players.

I am thinking with my heart, because I want to see my team win and do well but it doesn't stop me being able to analyse the situation too. I can see the point of view that if we lose and Kean gets sacked it's a positive but I still want us to win.

Win and sack Kean anyway and bring in an already lined up quality replacement or win and Kean turns it around and proves us all wrong, even coming up with CCTV evidence of someone spiking his drink and providing amazing, accurate interviews. Easy!

Knew I'd end up bloomin commenting on Kean. Argh. Chris Coleman a conspiracy?

If losing this game means Kean is fired and we can start a near fresh season with a proper manager in charge what choice do we really have?.

It really is an awful dilema,a ruddy sick situation that has been thrown upon us but I cant see him departing if we win today.

:(

Hand on heart, I can't see him departing if we lose today.

That's the really sick part of the situation.

Potentially - and I can't believe I'm saying this but with a decent manager we may actually be a more effective team on the road. If we line up with Olssson and Hoilett out wide in the 4-2-3-1 formation with Formica in the hole. Pop Rochina up front and there's plenty of pace and trickery to hit teams on the break.

No idea how the game will pan out though as no doubt his selection will be bizarre.

Heart says `we'll nick this 2-1 head says 3-0 Fulham

The problem is that we don't know if he'll be sacked or not isn't it. If losing today meant Kean getting sacked and us getting a proper manager, then I think we'd all make that sacrifice. However if he is staying regardless then we need the 3 points.

I've also stopped bothering to read the official BRFC site for news as I can't stick anything Kean spouts out of his pie hole.

Kean will get another 7 matches IMO. That will take us to a quarter of the season and owners will demand minumum of ten points. As soon as this target is not met-he's gone. There is no way, surely, that they can sack someone one match after giving him some dosh at the last minute. His signings look good-but have to play good now. Right back will remain his achiles heel I fear. The boys will step up tot he plate today though. Come on you blues!

I'm no Steve Kean lover but at the end of the day you can prepare a team as much as you like if the players dont want to do it or lack the fight when they cross the white line then it's there fault...

3 games and no points... I wonder with this day in age has player power overtaken a manager's authority? Nothing more than 3 points today is good enough, i don't care if i see samba hoofing it forward to the YAK i want to see us win. Time to roll up the sleeves and insert a bit of passion because these days Rovers are far far different to the era of Hughes and Souness.

Yak and Vukcevic 2-1 to us... Dempsey for them.

Time to stand up and be counted!

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Vukcevic Nzonzi Petrovic Gamst

Hoilett Yak

With ther games coming up we really can't aford to lose today as even if we get in a new manager it's going to be hard to get out of it after such a bad start. I can see it being 2-2 and a cracker. Hope Vukevic, Formica and Goodwillie start. lack of proper full backs looks like a problem, we don't have any really, but today we can go for a solid 4 centre backs and try and keep it tight.

Archived