BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, he's hasn't done a

great job but he has no money

to spend, the fans should look at

the board not the manager.

Besides this no-one deserves that

much abuse just for being a ######

manager (in blackburn fans

opinions), the fans are a disgrace

I agree that people should try to "keep it business not personal". Abusing pitiful Steve Kean is wrong as it's like whipping a tethered dog, but looking at SK's professional competence which you seem to defend:

SK has the same squad as Big Sam minus Phil Jones and Brett Emerton. Jones hardly played under BS as he was just coming into the reckoning. Brett hardly played under BS in the latter days as he was injured. BS left the club in 13th position looking comfortable.

SK has added in all departments of the team - Yakubu, Rochina, Formica, Anderson, Rubiero, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Vucevic, Dann and Mark Bunn has come good and Hanley/Henley from the youth academy have shown promise. Despite these extra resouces SK's record is now the worst of any Rovers manager in the Premiership.

SK is getting stick because the patience of the fans ran out when we started this season in the same shambolic way we played in the last half of 2010/11. We have always had relegation form under Kean. The fans are not a disgrace, they are expressing their anger about the situation.

SK is incompetent and he should have gone before Christmas, however, he picks up his £1000000 per year (NB the average man's annual pay is £25500 in UK) and toughs it out. Most people would do the same. SK has made his bed badly, it's uncomfortable, but he is choosing to lie in it for the money.

Don't forget that SK could leave whenever he wants.

I don't condone personal abuse, but I don't feel sorry for SK. It's business not personal.

When Jack Walker died he made

sure the club were looked after

financially with the running of

the club put into a trust. Trouble

is the money now required to

stay in the premier league meant

the trust could no longer offer

the club the future financial

security it needed They tried

hard for years to find a new

owner that buy and invest in the

club and secure its Premier

league future. Many potential

investors came and went, but

none were deemed 'fit and

proper' enough to be trusted

with taking over the club.

Strange that they eventually

went with a chicken farmer

family from India for £23million!

I guess either there was no other

comparable offers and the

money was running out, but

surprise surprise the investment

promised has not materialised. In

fact all the investors have done is

mortgaged the club against all of

this years sky TV money. So

basically Barclays own the club

now. I believe the club was sold

with over 50 acres of freehold

land that was valued at £65

million - sounds familiar?

Surprised the fans are not aiming

more of their frustrations at the

owners, I know I would.

Simple, you say Blackburn Rovers.

I probably do that as well, but you and Jim have to understand that you can risk stomping on peoples feet who sit benched in front of the TV every weekend to follow Rovers when you refer to them as "not proper fans".

I agree that people should try to "keep it business not personal". Abusing pitiful Steve Kean is wrong as it's like whipping a tethered dog, I don't condone personal abuse, but I don't feel sorry for SK. It's business not personal.

Wrong.

Football is highly emotive and for many supporters it is a release from their humdrum daily lives where they can let off steam.

Kean is failing in his job and ruining our football club: he deserves all the abuse (and more) he is getting.

I can only think Kean is seen by

the fans as part of the new

owners so he is getting the flack.

I reckon the owners invested

with good intent, but they were

soon totally out of their depth

with running a British football

club. A lesson to be learned

when selling out to foreign

investors.

investors.

Kean has been a major player in what has happened at Rovers and he is as guilty as the Venkys for destroying our club.

investors.

let your guard down there, you are not a Rover so why don't you just do one

investors.

Worst haiku ever.

I do not think you have Steve Kean any chance.Steve Kean is a great manager.

Based on what evidence?

Mathematically, the evidence is that he is a very poor manager. Exhibit A is the league table.

Are you employed by Venkys, or do you have some relationship with the Rao family, Steve Kean, Jerome Anderson or SEM/Kentaro? Claiming that Steve Kean is a "great manager" makes no sense otherwise. Unless, of course, you are a troll.

Let's be honest, the guy gets an unbelieveable amount of stick, it's not his fault the owners are clueless ###### and sacked a boring but effective BFS.

Being honest:

1. The stick Steve Kean gets is due to: a) his league record; and b ) the utter BS which habitually passes his lips.

3. Sam was effective but I never found his matches boring.

Im not exactly sure what the fans expect him to do with the squad he's been given.

The squad is "his" squad, if you believe his quotes.

I personally think the squad is fairly decent and certainly better than 4-5 squads out there. The glaring weakness is the manager. He is the reason we are going down, in my opinion.

• Backroom

I struggle to see what more a

manager could do with the side

though, their fans seem to

clearly have a delusional sense

to them.

Remind me who proclaimed we were aiming for champions league/europa league/top 10 in the past year Spam? I'll give you a clue: it wasn't the fans.

Wrong.

Football is highly emotive and for many supporters it is a release from their humdrum daily lives where they can let off steam.

Kean is failing in his job and ruining our football club: he deserves all the abuse (and more) he is getting.

100% Agree.

I am a sensible and calm guy, but watching Rovers makes my blood boil and often illogical behaviour. After the 3rd goal went in injurytime against Norwich I ripped my shirt apart Hulk-style in front of my brother in law, sister in law my wife and kid.

If Rovers score I get up and dance i front of the TV.

The emotions are on top!

When Jack Walker died he made

sure the club were looked after

financially with the running of

the club put into a trust. Trouble

is the money now required to

stay in the premier league meant

the trust could no longer offer

the club the future financial

security it needed They tried

hard for years to find a new

owner that buy and invest in the

club and secure its Premier

league future. Many potential

investors came and went, but

none were deemed 'fit and

proper' enough to be trusted

with taking over the club.

Strange that they eventually

went with a chicken farmer

family from India for £23million!

I guess either there was no other

comparable offers and the

money was running out, but

surprise surprise the investment

promised has not materialised. In

fact all the investors have done is

mortgaged the club against all of

this years sky TV money. So

basically Barclays own the club

now. I believe the club was sold

with over 50 acres of freehold

land that was valued at £65

million - sounds familiar?

Surprised the fans are not aiming

more of their frustrations at the

owners, I know I would.

Why are you insinuating we are not? Is there not a protest today and tomorrow aimed at the owners? Have we not been writing to the owners, with letters/emails expressing our concerns? I know I have, and so have many, many supporters. Have Rovers fans not been discussing the owners' failings on a daily basis on here, other message boards, Twitter, Facebook and in person? Have principal sponsors, journalists and councillors not written letters to the owners to try to stimulate them into action? Have the fans not sung songs directed at Venky's? Have Rovers supporters not taken time out of their busy lives to go to Pune and speak to the owners, voicing their concerns? Yes they have.

What else are we to do?

100% Agree.

I am a sensible and calm guy, but watching Rovers makes my blood boil and often illogical behaviour. After the 3rd goal went in injurytime against Norwich I ripped my shirt apart Hulk-style in front of my brother in law, sister in law my wife and kid.

If Rovers score I get up and dance i front of the TV.

The emotions are on top!

When we beat Man United I did a sex wee!

Guest Rovers4Good

investors.

You're either Zack or Marlon because don't think Cain is that thck. :)

Wrong.

Perhaps you think I don't get emotional about the Rovers. You'd be wrong. What bothers me about the personal abuse directed at Kean, which is often shown on TV, referred to by commentators and reported in the Press, is that most detached observers of an emotionally charged scene will feel sympathy for the object of the abuse. The underdog thing. The TV and Press love a bit of hysteria......"Poor Steve Kean, nasty fans" A simple black and white human interest story for the uninterested, uninformed mass audience who don't give a ###### about what is happening to our Club.

That's why I think personal abuse of Kean is counter-productive. I don't feel sorry/pity/empathy for Kean (or his wife whom he has chosen to bring to match days) as he can leave whenever he wants.

I think that Kean's abysmal record (on and off the pitch) has been obscured by the way the abuse is being reported in the media. Kean out!!!!! Venky's out!!!!!!

Kean calling for unity again on SSN.

Mentioned that Pulis said the ground was intimidating because the fans got behind Rovers. This coming from a man who manages Stoke? One of the most vocal set of fans in the PL? ######.

Anyway, it does my head in that he keeps talking about all the fans being united and getting behind the team. This will never be achieved until he leaves the club. Of course the massive problem is Venkys but what a difference it would make to matchdays if Kean was no longer on the touchline, acting as a nasty reminder of what is happening to our club. I don't think Venkys can afford to sack him and replace with anyone due to the financial implications.

I still firmly believe that Kean has been in on this sharade from the start. He knew he would be getting this job long before Allardyce was sacked, and he also knows that he is seemingly untouchable! Never feel sorry for that man. He put himself into this job and now he is refusing to leave his completely untenable post.

Steve Kean would be hounded by the fans at any football club.

It says a lot when the last three sets of opposition fans to come to Ewood sang ironically... "There's Only One Steve Kean."

investors.

Is this a really bad attempt at a poem?

Perhaps you think I don't get emotional about the Rovers. You'd be wrong. What bothers me about the personal abuse directed at Kean, which is often shown on TV, referred to by commentators and reported in the Press, is that most detached observers of an emotionally charged scene will feel sympathy for the object of the abuse. The underdog thing. The TV and Press love a bit of hysteria......"Poor Steve Kean, nasty fans" A simple black and white human interest story for the uninterested, uninformed mass audience who don't give a ###### about what is happening to our Club.

That's why I think personal abuse of Kean is counter-productive. I don't feel sorry/pity/empathy for Kean (or his wife whom he has chosen to bring to match days) as he can leave whenever he wants.

I think that Kean's abysmal record (on and off the pitch) has been obscured by the way the abuse is being reported in the media. Kean out!!!!! Venky's out!!!!!!

Out of interest, what "personal" abuse is given to Kean on a regular basis? Most of it is directed against his incapacity as a manager. That's not personal.

Just seen the bald idiots lips flapping on SSN. If ever a man needed a slap across the face with a slimy wet fish.

Its got to the stage where venkys have to sack the bald idiot or there will be war in the stadium.

If they can't afford to sack him and bring in a good replacement then approach Parkes. He would probably be willing to do it for less money than most. Bring Faz in as number two and tugay as a coach.

We are going down already but these three would unite the fans and if they are allowed (by our wonder full owners) probably be able to stop the slide next year.

We will be a championship club for the forseeable future, but that is for be the absolute best oputcome possible in the current situation.

Archived