BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Big Colin Hendry was just on Talksport with Saggers and it seems he is deep in the enemies council as he texts "Stevie" quite regularly and feels the 'ickle lamb' has meerly had no support. Bless :angry2:

They all understood the fans protest against the owners but did no understand the vitriol and abuse Kean suffered.

How thick are some people?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Colin Hendry was just on Talksport with Saggers and it seems he is deep in the enemies council as he texts "Stevie" quite regularly and feels the 'ickle lamb' has meerly had no support. Bless :angry2:

They all understood the fans protest against the owners but did no understand the vitriol and abuse Kean suffered.

Jocko mafia, simple as that.

It's bizarre. I get told off fans of other teams that if we got behind the team we'd do better. Either people are stupid or they are brain washed by the useless media in this country. Probably both I reckon.

Out of interest, what "personal" abuse is given to Kean on a regular basis? Most of it is directed against his incapacity as a manager. That's not personal.

That's exactly the problem. I've not witnessed direct personal abuse of Kean. The only harsh stuff is written on internet boards, but he's hardly alone in that forum as many people get stick on t'internet.

At every opportunity Sky show an angry bloke walking up behind Kean at Ewood waving his arms around, shouting something. It doesn't look like he is asking him for a pint after the game! Moyes, Pulis and now Hendry all get invited on Sky and talk about the "abuse" of Kean. A molehill has been made into a mountain by the media. The vast majority of protest has been Kean out and Venky's out chanting and banners. Didn't Hodgson get that at Anfield (and Ewood to some extent)? Ashley at St James Park(whatever they call it)? Owners at Pompey? Thaksin Shinawatra (another JA client) at City? It has happened to countless other football managers/owners over the decades wihtout the media jumping on the "human interest story".

The media have made a soap opera out of very little, and it has overshadowed the real story.

PS Got a reply from Jack Straw's secretary to say that he is in his constituency tonight and will look at the messages he has received about LT removing fans' comments etc.

unfortunately big Col was a Rovers legend but as a manager was hardly a resounding success... :wacko:

Fans get a mention every week now.

All a tactic for when the inevitable occurs. He is absolved from blame- a combination of crap owners and hostile fans took us down.

the fans are not getting paid a small fortune for being crap at their Job...what a joke Kean is as for the media well isn't it surprising SEM/Kentaro have a masive influence over the media and pundits and Rovers fans are getting the bad press - Coincidence lol

didnt see Liverpool fans giving Hodgson stick or marching against the owners , same with Everton get bad press or Sunderland fans booing Bruce....

Just seen the bald idiots lips flapping on SSN. If ever a man needed a slap across the face with a slimy wet fish.

Its got to the stage where venkys have to sack the bald idiot or there will be war in the stadium.

If they can't afford to sack him and bring in a good replacement then approach Parkes. He would probably be willing to do it for less money than most. Bring Faz in as number two and tugay as a coach.

We are going down already but these three would unite the fans and if they are allowed (by our wonder full owners) probably be able to stop the slide next year.

We will be a championship club for the forseeable future, but that is for be the absolute best oputcome possible in the current situation.

Chamionship at the best pal can see us slipping to league one due to the financial situation..as for Kean he couldn't manage a pub team on a Sunday morning !

Out of interest, what "personal" abuse is given to Kean on a regular basis? Most of it is directed against his incapacity as a manager. That's not personal.

Sod that, it should be personal!

He's callously and maliciously destroying something that thousands of people have invested a lot of time, emotion and money into.

He might as well walk into peoples' living rooms and píss on their record collection, or take a dump in their vegetable garden, or strangle the pet chickens. He doesn't give a toss what his actions are doing to people.

I don't mind saying I personally despise the man, and not just because he's ginger.

Bruce was removed just as it was getting seriously hostile, Kean has ploughed through the point of no return and back again, it is the sustained hostility that has never been seen before that has got us so much press.

(of course, SEM stooges across the media have helped villify us).

Any other club at amy other time he'd have long gone.

Jol's comments sum up the media and others views for me.

He's basically saying its great the owners have stuck by him under such hostility.

"I think this could be the first time probably in the history of the Premier League that a board stuck with their manager [under such pressure]. How many times will that happen?"

Perhaps this is why the fans are so hostile? ###### hell i thought i was pretty dumb.

"For us, for the League Managers' Association, it is a good development because I feel sometimes it is not as it seems."

Yes i imagine it is good for Fulham, considering you will be in the relegation mix at the end of the season.

"You need time for development as well as results, which is not a good combination."

He's had over a year and he's took us down a level, you ###### moron.

Managers empathize with managers. Not fans.

Yup - can't remember an occasion when a Premier League manager has said, "Yeah, you know what, his results have been very poor since he took over and he looks out of his depth - hardly a surprise given he has no managerial experience at any level whatsoever".

The Sunderland fans chanting at Bruce during one of their matches was pretty vicious.

The abuse of Wenger by Arsenal fans earlier in the season was pretty vicious too.

Chelsea fans aren't too happy with Villas-Boas.

Oh and I've heard a few choice words from Utd fans about their recent drop in form. Not for the first time. The amount of times that I've heard over the years that Ferguson has "lost it" or "the squad's not what it used to be". Clueless plastic fans.

But we're the bad guys for wanting a clueless tosspot out with one of the worst records in PL history. Oh and let's not forget the owners are running the club into the ground as well. We should just put up and shut up eh? But hey if one of the big clubs fans get annoyed because they have a bad run that's fair game eh?

Yup - can't remember an occasion when a Premier League manager has said, "Yeah, you know what, his results have been very poor since he took over and he looks out of his depth - hardly a surprise given he has no managerial experience at any level whatsoever".

I thought George Graham was very fair about the situation on the radio after the Bolton game. He was discussing Arsenal a day or 2 after the Bolton game. Talk Sport then asked what he thought of the fans appalling treatment of kean.

His reply was that fans may support you as a manager in a relegation battle one season,but you cannot afford to be in another the next season. he didn't blame the fans, said it was up to the manager to get results.

Fair do's I thought.....I also thought he'd sort our defence out!!

Archived