BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

No wonder he has to work long hours (extracct from Daily Mail article):

The 500 letters he receives every day, from all around the world, also lift his spirits.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2086359/Steve-Kean-interview-Matt-Lawton.html#ixzz1jNnanFxI

Perhaps simple maths are on a par with his PL record !!!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 500 letters he receives every day, from all around the world, also lift his spirits.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2086359/Steve-Kean-interview-Matt-Lawton.html#ixzz1jNnanFxI

I thought every time he went out he met people who told him what a good job he was doing.

Pity he wasn't asked to explain his record as a manager.

I now understand why he can't be sacked. They must also have signed the bodyguard and chauffuer on long term contracts until 2013 as well.

We will not get relegated....

I have had 10s of 1000s of letters since the start of the season?

Something nice to read on the lift home then <_<

I think that article almost angered me more than the Anderson one in that it all sounds so very reasonable. we really do look like the villains. anyone who has been down to the ground today will have seen that we are not - we are reasonable people being pushed beyond the limit. Just when you thought that there was a bit more balanced view and the media were starting to think that perhaps we weren't all hooligans thugs and weirdos protesting for the sake of it comes something like this. i know it's the Mail and therefore most people know that it is rubbish, but it's still out there in the public domain and will be used, by those who don't want to know the truth, against us

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2086359/Steve-Kean-interview-Matt-Lawton.html?

Absolutely bloody sickening. It seems as if Kean and Anderson have carte blanche to put any propaganda they like without any pretence at balance.

I cant believe that guy. I cant find the right words right now....

Burn in hell, Steve Kean!

I think that article almost angered me more than the Anderson one in that it all sounds so very reasonable. we really do look like the villains. anyone who has been down to the ground today will have seen that we are not - we are reasonable people being pushed beyond the limit. Just when you thought that there was a bit more balanced view and the media were starting to think that perhaps we weren't all hooligans thugs and weirdos protesting for the sake of it comes something like this. i know it's the Mail and therefore most people know that it is rubbish, but it's still out there in the public domain and will be used, by those who don't want to know the truth, against us

Contacts and associations that the average fan simply doesn't have access to I guess?

Replied to that pigsh*t of an article. Probably won't be published. Not because it's too scathing but because it's too honest.

Oh no you haven't. I just typed 1000 characters as well. Nothing has appeared.

The article starts badly and gets worse. "his own fans" he hasn't got any bloody fans!

Sickening stuff.

Teflon Steve:

''Understandably, he does not have a great deal of time for Jack Straw and Kevin Gallacher either. Straw, the MP for Blackburn, called for Kean’s dismissal, while Gallacher has done the same in his role as a media pundit.

‘Kevin Gallacher’s never been a coach or a manager and, to my knowledge, Jack hasn’t either,’ he says.

'Their comments were not helpful. It would be better if Jack could just keep the roads gritted so we can all get to the training ground.’

These people are fans of the club who are concerned like we all are and are entitled to their opinions.

Just who the hell does Teflon Kean think he is? the arrogance is disgusting...he adds more fuel to the fire every week! :angry2:

Oh no you haven't. I just typed 1000 characters as well. Nothing has appeared.

The article starts badly and gets worse. "his own fans" he hasn't got any bloody fans!

Sickening stuff.

I don't think it helped that I dropped That Agent's name in the mix.

That has to be one of the most disgusting, tear-drenched pieces of propaganda I've ever read in a newspaper.

Once again he's milking the fact that managers of other teams have supported him. Do you, Steve Kean, believe that Harry Redknapp will

feel anything but indifference when Rovers are relegated? Surely he is smart enough to realize that the opinions of people managing other clubs are worthless when it comes to the future of Blackburn Rovers? Maybe an honest approach is too much to expect from Kean though. It sure doesn't seem like he cares about the club at all.

What I love is how the media use the support of fellow managers as some kind of testimony.

Good managers are feared and respected by their counterparts.

Bad managers are pitied and patronized.

I wonder which is Kean?

That interview really brings a tear to my eye....not out of sympathy for Steve Kean but out of sympathy for Blackburn Rovers. Not a word about the dire situation the club is in...it's all about how horrible this must be for Steve Kean, what a great guy he is and how he feels Sam has stabbed him in the back (how did they even print that considering we had the Jerome Anderson thread on this site?!?). Oh...and besides the 5 "fans" he meets every day who keeps telling him he does a great job (situated in Burnley perhaps? Even monkeys can be trained to write letters!) the rest of us are the main problem. Unreal....

So....another loss tomorrow and the newspapers can wet themselves with tales of understanding the poor wee Steve Kean while the fans are villified. All the managers of clubs we still have to play will come out with heartfelt sympathy for him in the knowledge that if he stays in the job it will be an easy 3 points. Just wait and see....when we are relegated in a month or two managers of Championship teams will start coming out with tales of support for him.

It's actually come to the point where I hope someone like Samba or Hoilett will be sold to a club in Europe, won't accept a gagging-order and tell the truth. Considering the fans are paying their wages trough turnstiles, merchandise and TV-money we deserve it!

Tip of the hat to the protestors down at Ewood today - wish I could've been there with you. Wag of the finger to Steve Kean, SEM/Jerome Anderson, Venkys and the vultures that are the english tabloid press. This truly is sickening and I believe that Jack is spinning so hard in his grave he will soon be in China. Said it before and will say it again: You REALLY can't make this stuff up!

Disgustingly egotistical. What an absolute gobshite.

This guy isn't just made of teflon!

When the world ends there will only be him and the cockroaches left.

This is the King of Blackburn Rovers.

The Don of Ewood.

I can't iterate the hatred I have for the man. Absolute scumbag led by another absolute scumbag (JA).

Just what sort of reception does Kean expect tomorrow now ?

On the one hand he calls for the fans' backing and then, IMO, he kicks everyone in the b@lls including the likes of Big Sam, Jack Straw & Kevin Gallacher. Kean you have achieved nothing in comparison to these illustrious individuals.

His position is now totally untenable, IMO, and if Venky's do not take the recommendation of their Board of Directors then the Board of Directors should show principle and bottle and resign en masse.

• Backroom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2086359/Steve-Kean-interview-Matt-Lawton.html?

Absolutely bloody sickening. It seems as if Kean and Anderson have carte blanche to put any propaganda they like without any pretence at balance.

Nothing more than a sob story with an agenda so obvious it's embarrassing.

Suits the Daily Mail perfectly.

Archived