BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

The police wanted the protest at an earlier time for today's match, then relented. Now we have Kean spouting inflammatory garbage. I suggest the Police have a word in his ear. He's the one, along with his agent, who have been stirring it up all week.

Shocking stuff. Disgusting. How does he get away with it.

Sorry Jack, sorry Bill Fox, sorry Ronnie, our club has gone to the dogs.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the one hand he calls for the fans' backing and then, IMO, he kicks everyone in the b@lls including the likes of Big Sam, Jack Straw & Kevin Gallacher. Kean you have achieved nothing in comparison to these illustrious individuals.

Never known anything like this in football,it just leaves you shaking your head in utter disbelief! :blink:

Anderson plays the race card, Then Kean plays the religion card- He follows it up by taking massive swipes against Gally, Straw and Allardyce, before claiming he gets 500 letters a day.

Does he really believe what he says?

Nope, but he plays a good game of 'spin' Glen. The Mail readers will.

Myles Anderson (@MylesAnderson38)

@JamesBishop4 You didn't see my signing on fee. Remember who owns this club...

This can't be his real twitter can it?

If it is his daddy won't be pleased.

Of course it isnt his real twitter.

Anderson plays the race card, Then Kean plays the religion card- He follows it up by taking massive swipes against Gally, Straw and Allardyce, before claiming he gets 500 letters a day.

Does he really believe what he says?

500 letters a day? Happy 1985 everybody.

All are communications from other supporters begging him to stay on and tie up an early relegation place.

And it's gone, anyone get screen caps of his tweets?

I did think it was probably fake but he was followed by fellow reserve team player Tom Hitchcock, so perhaps it was genuinely him.

Thing is with footballers it's very hard to tell. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed.

I think when he said a Rovers fan had 'mild downs syndrome' was the clincher for me. :D

Thing is with footballers it's very hard to tell. They're not the sharpest tools in the shed.

I think when he said a Rovers fan had 'mild downs syndrome' was the clincher for me. :D

Not according to Daddy remember! He is fluent in three foreign languages!

Seriously though, could the Daily mail article be anymore shameless? They are insulting our intelligence if they think that we would believe that rubbish. Moreover, its inflammatory and serves to anger fans further the night before a home match. It is so obvious that they are trying to ignite the touch-paper tomorrow to make Kean look like an even bigger victim and the sad thing is that the spineless pundits will support that and the thick armchair fans of the world will believe it. It is rather nauseating to be a victim of a propaganda campaign.

And it's gone, anyone get screen caps of his tweets?

I did think it was probably fake but he was followed by fellow reserve team player Tom Hitchcock, so perhaps it was genuinely him.

Yes. Quite positive it's a genuine account... Tweets to fellow players and as you've mentioned he was being followed by Tom Hitchcock.

Am on my iPod-will be able to upload screen grabs tomorrow...

Not according to Daddy remember! He is fluent in three foreign languages!

Seriously though, could the Daily mail article be anymore shameless? They are insulting our intelligence if they think that we would believe that rubbish. Moreover, its inflammatory and serves to anger fans further the night before a home match. It is so obvious that they are trying to ignite the touch-paper tomorrow to make Kean look like an even bigger victim and the sad thing is that the spineless pundits will support that and the thick armchair fans of the world will believe it. It is rather nauseating to be a victim of a propaganda campaign.

The journalist said...

Matt_Lawton_DM

Surprise, surprise. Blackburn fans hate Kean interview. It wasn't a piece about his bloody win ratio. It's about the abuse of a human being

So there you go everyone, it's a human interest story about the vicious abuse of a defenseless human being :rolleyes:

In this world there are people being raped, murdered, butchered and shot at every single day! Have I entered a parallel universe? The guy is a fecking well paid football manager ffs, not some hapless victim. Lost perspective much?!?!

• Backroom
@Matt_Lawton_DM

Matt Lawton

Remember what Blackburn fans sung when 1-0 up at Anfield. Justify that.

What's this "journalist's" big problem with Rovers fans?

I appreciate working for the Mail would make anybody ashamed enough to lash out in repressed anger... but still :blink:

My season ticket now lies unused and unwanted.

I've had one for 20 years and I've been going to Ewood for years before 1992.

F**k you Venkys, f**k you Steve Kean, f**k you. the board, & F**k you the Daily Mail. I do try to be eloquent in my post but there comes a tipping point when reasonable disourse goes out of the window.

I feel like crying. The football club I used to love is rotten & corrupt

What's this "journalist's" big problem with Rovers fans?

I appreciate working for the Mail would make anybody ashamed enough to lash out in repressed anger... but still :blink:

Not really helped by comments like:

Peester79 Pete B

@Matt_Lawton_DM I'm a Blackburn fan and I don't think Steve Kean deserves the abuse he gets. No football manager does.

I think some people just live in a bubble.

Matt_Lawton_DM

Surprise, surprise. Blackburn fans hate Kean interview. It wasn't a piece about his bloody win ratio. It's about the abuse of a human being

A divisive liar of a human being Mr Lawton. Drink driver did you know? Care to explain what's occurred, you know actually taken place that has been so bad on the fans part? There's a lot of skirting around all this after all. Chanting? Banners? "Kean Out!" and a picture depicting him in a chicken costume is as bad as its got to be honest. Anything up there with songs about Hillsborough, Munich, Adebayour? Etc etc etc. Thankfully no, and there won't be either. But you don't report on those disgusting incidents do you?

The guy is afraid to go out for a pint in Blackburn? I suppose they'd be having party nights for him if he was manager anywhere else in the country with his results record. Fact of the matter is he should be ashamed to be even thinking of going out in Blackburn after the previous 13 months results. (go out in burnley Kean, you'll not even have to put your hand in your pocket for some reason or other. Oh but don't go managing their team, they'll set fire to your wife in the chippy - google it Mr Lawton)

In the real world this happens:

Football manager doesn't win many football matches, fans turn on manager, Board lose patience, manager gets sacked. It's the way of the world. It's been like that forever. As sure as night and day. As you know.

At Blackburn Rovers this happens:

Football manager doesn't win many football matches, fans turn on manager, Board gives manager a pay rise, club go bottom of the league, SSN allow managers agent 20 minutes to blame it all on the fans, Daily Mail runs a story on how awful the fans are and how terrible the world is.

If it wasn't about his win ratio but the human side of life will it be in the Saturday supplement rather than the sports section?

Don't get me wrong, there will have been some unpleasant things said to date, but after your article, the timing of which is bizarre to say the least, I'd suggest Kean actually wants more grief for some twisted reason.

Did you not stop to think it strange he wanted this publishing the day before a vital home game? (I'm sure Lancashire Constabulary are delighted).

Or to actually think at all from the fans perspective in all this? Of course not. There's only one victim here isn't there.

• Moderation Lead

After reading the Matt Lawton piece, it's as if the journalistic world has been indoctrinated against us, unreal how stupid these people are.

Our worst manager in history, worst owners in football's history and we're supposed to sit back and enjoy the superior football we're being treated to..... :rolleyes:

These people are not journalists, they are not even reporters, they are in the business of projecting their, or their bosses, opinion, "How can we be outrageous today".

The best thing you can do is stop buying their drivel, read it online, and if they have a paywall, don't bother.

If you feel particularly aggrieved, then send a message to the people/companies that advertise with them.

Archived