BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

My money would be on Big Sam.

Just read the interview, don't really do rage at this time on a Saturday.

You have to ask the question, would you put yourself and your family for all that ?

The rest of the football world love him so a coaching job would come his way instantly?

Walk away with your dignity and we will say nothing more about you !!!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anderson plays the race card, Then Kean plays the religion card- He follows it up by taking massive swipes against Gally, Straw and Allardyce, before claiming he gets 500 letters a day.

Does he really believe what he says?

At least we now know why he can't manage the team, he's spending all his time replying to the 500 letters a day personally!

It's getting unbearable.

I could understand it if Steve Kean was doing a good job and he was getting abuse because he had ties to Burnley or something.

But the man's out of his depth and he should've walked by now. What will it take for him to resign.

That Matt Lawton piece is shameless and nasty and it's not going to make things better. What's he trying to do, stir up a hornet's nest.

The day Stevbe Kean and Venky's get out of our club will be one of teh best day's in our history.

I couldn't read the whole piece it was making me sick.

The bit I did read about his career in football suggests that he would do ANYTHING for a job despite EVERYONE telling him he isn't good enough. Kind of fitting with his time at Rovers.

In some ways Lawton and the Mail have done us a favour in giving him so much rope though. Just feels like Kean and his agent have picked the second week of the transfer window, having to done 'business early' to try to blame the fans (again) for the whole sorry situation. But why?

Now, after the "success" of the Stoke game, why would they want the fans raging again? Could it be that their excuse for the position Rovers are in is being taken away? And exposing the real reasons?

The infuriating thing now is no longer Kean et al, it's the media lapping it up and giving them a platform for their BS.

Fans are being completely marginalised and we don't have anyone of note, in the football world, backing us. Even Big Col has turned turtle.

RIP Rovers.

You have to start asking yourself if things can get any worse, we now have this football agent giving an Oscar performance on sky sports news that Meryl Streep would have been proud of, and Kean doing the same in Mail, Agnew must be proud of his boys.

Jack must be turning in his grave, theyre all a disgrace to football and more importantly a disgrace to Blackburn Rovers.

Just as a side issue, speaking to friends last night, all of us are staying away today, this hasnt happened in 25yrs+ that not 1 of us will be at the game, speaks volumes.

You have to hand it to Steve Kean's agents, they are doing a superb PR job. In the past 7 days they have managed to get Jerome Anderson airtime on TV and now persuaded the Mail to put some remarkable spin on the appalling record of our failing manager.

The protest leaders need to make direct contact with Rovers-friendly journalists such as Henry Winter at the Daily Telegraph and David Conn at the Guardian to put the fans' point of view. Kean cannot be allowed to get away with this continuing lies.

Pretty cheap of him to have a go at Big Sam knowing that Allardyce is gagged so can't comment on the situation - his comments on Jack Straw are pretty rude and disrespectful too, Straw is a true fan who just has the clubs best interests at heart.

His comments on Kevin Gallagher are unfair as Gally was backing him up until a few weeks ago.

The guy, however manipulative, is being led down the wrong path by somebody, maybe even himself. That piece, as well as being career suicide, may very well turn into real life suicide if he continues to wind up the fans. I'm sure some of the less mentally stable supporters are currently on their last ebb, and very shortly somebody is blatantly going to deck him during a game.

I genuinely think that Kean and Jerome in a sick way hope somebody does attack them. They're just seeing how far they can push us. Attacking club legends, MP's and Managers whom Kean isn't fit to lace their shoes is just serving to wind up the whole situation by another ten notches.

There's clearly a media blitz going on ie a deliberate SEM campaign. Nothing from Jerome for months, then a very provocative interview a day or two before a big home game where the protests are known to be escalating. followed by similar provocative stuff from Kean aimed at the fans------in the Mail but picked up by everyone else. Can't be coincidence and has to be about self-interest.

Even worse atmosphere, even an incident or two------Kean can't take anymore------won't resign but wants pay-off. Ill-health?

Best I can come up with.

The PR wizards at SEM have pulled off a few master strokes this week haven't they! That piece in the mail and the interview on SSN have probably been some of the most insulting I've ever seen/read regarding BRFC.

I can't help but think in both interviews if the interviewer had simply had said "kean has been at the club for 38 games now his results over those would have seen the team relegated in pretty much every season, maybe that's why the fans are angry?" but no they are probably 2 of the most one sided interviews I've ever seen!

A manager who is bottom of the table, has won 7 matches in an entire year, and is one of the most loathed figures in the club he manages history claims he is receiving 500 letters of support a day, that's 3500 a week? Why is he not being ridiculed by the entire footballing world for claims like that? That's probably more fanmail than justin freaking bieber gets! And the media are actually defending him. This is all becoming more bizarre than I dreamed possible... It's like the media are living in an alternate reality.

Kean (or one of his groupies) should set up a web site detailing every incident of personal "abuse" he's received.

Excepting "Kean Out" chants (strangely similar to the apparently non-offensive Ince Out or Bruce Out) I'm struggling to think of actual incidents of note.

We are just being bashed with insinuation and conjecture, with the aim to mock-shock the PC world we now live in.

i hope the whole ground turns on him for 90 minutes regardless of winning, losing or drawing!!!

Er, that's probably what he wants.

Either that or he's a megalithical giant in the art of reverse psychology.

We seem to have got to the stage in which a football managers results no longer matter.

.....and that the travesty in all of this Matty, the mans out of his depth, been give 30 games to prove himself and we're the bad guys! good job I'm not going today, I'd be arrested :angry2:

The PR wizards at SEM have pulled off a few master strokes this week haven't they! That piece in the mail and the interview on SSN have probably been some of the most insulting I've ever seen/read regarding BRFC.

I can't help but think in both interviews if the interviewer had simply had said "kean has been at the club for 38 games now his results over those would have seen the team relegated in pretty much every season, maybe that's why the fans are angry?" but no they are probably 2 of the most one sided interviews I've ever seen!

I cant help but think, in my humble opinion, that some of these journos have been bought!!

Archived