BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Did anyone see that bint Gabby Logan on Final Score this evening saying how she was on a plane with Kean, and when she spoke to him 'as a human being' she began to sympathize with him and the terrible "abuse" he's been receiving etc.

If I was sitting there, I'd have asked her straight: "What abuse, Gabby? 'Kean Out'? 'Time to go Keano'? '100% Rovers, 0% Kean'? Yes, truly such horrific chants should never darken our history books."

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see that bint Gabby Logan on Final Score this evening saying how she was on a plane with Kean, and when she spoke to him 'as a human being' she began to sympathize with him and the terrible "abuse" he's been receiving etc.

If I was sitting there, I'd have asked her straight: "What abuse, Gabby? 'Kean Out'? 'Time to go Keano'? '100% Rovers, 0% Kean'? Yes, truly such horrific chants should never darken our history books."

Just because she sucked Shearer off she now thinks she's a footballing oracle. Slag.

A massive well done to Kean for the last few games good performances & results...but its not before time.

Massive? Eh? 4 points from 4 games before today and we were bottom. We'll still be in the bottom 3 if QPR get a point. Bit quick on the button here I think.

Let's see if we can win 2 in a row for the first time before doing cart wheels.

Great result today, but Steve Kean has gone so far down the road that it will take more than just this win for him to even start thinking of coming back. I'd still rather have Lucifer as the manager, with Beelzebub as his number two and the other five princes of Hell as the backroom team than Steve Kean.

I'd still rather have Lucifer as the manager, with Beelzebub as his number two and the other five princes of Hell as the backroom team than Steve Kean.

On the plus side, they would be competent. On the downside, there is the whole soul in peril thing, so I think I'll pass.

• Backroom

Good tactics today after the red so some credit there, decent post match interview on MOTD praising the fans as well

Nowt changes but he aint going so we have to hope he learns on the job

Great result today, but Steve Kean has gone so far down the road that it will take more than just this win for him to even start thinking of coming back. I'd still rather have Lucifer as the manager, with Beelzebub as his number two and the other five princes of Hell as the backroom team than Steve Kean.

Kean could win the Premier League, the Champions League and the Nobel Peace Prize in the same month and I would still want the illegitimate snake out of my club.

Let's not take our focus off the real issue; crap owners, ###### poor manager, dodgy agent involvement!

Thank god there are several other shyte teams in the league that we are still in touch of a lifeline.

Good tactics today after the red so some credit there, decent post match interview on MOTD praising the fans as well

This sums up my feelings.

I want Kean as far away from our club as quickly as possible, but today he did well with his tactics and substitutions.

Doesn't make up for over a year of absolute dross, but I have to give credit when it's due.

Seven points from Liverpool, Man Utd, Stoke, and Fulham . Tactics and substitutions working, players clearly giving their all for the cause...the guy is finally starting to earn his crust and long may it continue :tu:

This sums up my feelings.

I want Kean as far away from our club as quickly as possible, but today he did well with his tactics and substitutions.

Doesn't make up for over a year of absolute dross, but I have to give credit when it's due.

Exactly my feelings too Andy.

Seven points from Liverpool, Man Utd, Stoke, and Fulham . Tactics and substitutions working, players clearly giving their all for the cause...the guy is finally starting to earn his crust and long may it continue :tu:

0 points from Wolves, Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, Stoke(x2), Sunderland, West Brom, and Bolton.

Credit to Kean today, a dodgy red card must have had him thinking he we go again, but he made a change and got 3 massive points against a Fulham side who are no mugs.

When he does bad he deserves every bit of grief he gets, but today he deserves all the plaudits, out of the bottom 3,

We can all enjoy this victory and hopefully make it back to back wins for the first time during his reign next week

Credit to Kean today, a dodgy red card must have had him thinking he we go again, but he made a change and got 3 massive points against a Fulham side who are no mugs.

When he does bad he deserves every bit of grief he gets, but today he deserves all the plaudits, out of the bottom 3,

We can all enjoy this victory and hopefully make it back to back wins for the first time during his reign next week

Agreed.

Problem is it sticks in my craw to applaud a base liar cos after reading that shyte from Matt Lawton in the Daily Mail all I can say is that IF true it must be hellishly difficult running the team and the entire club as he does, as well as traipsing up and down to Southend (and back) every weekend, flying to India (and back) every fortnight, taking never ending calls of support from Premier League managers ... including Alex Ferguson of course.... whilst also having to personally answer at least 500 letters per week! Still at least not going out in Blackburn for a kebab or a curry cos thats all thats on offer these days (as if he did anyway) will leave him a bit of extra time on his hands. :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm off to write another letter to him. Come to think about it lets all do the same! Lets all write to him. He loves to crow about personally replying to every letter doesn't he? Certainly be better than standing outside Ewood on the coldest night of the year thats for sure!

Agreed.

Problem is it sticks in my craw to applaud a base liar cos after reading that shyte from Matt Lawton in the Daily Mail all I can say is that IF true it must be hellishly difficult running the team and the entire club as he does, as well as traipsing up and down to Southend (and back) every weekend, flying to India (and back) every fortnight, taking never ending calls of support from Premier League managers ... including Alex Ferguson of course.... whilst also having to personally answer at least 500 letters per week!

Ahem, that's 500 a letters a DAY.

Anyway I'm off to write another letter to him. Come to think about it lets all do the same! Lets all write to him. He loves to crow about personally replying to every letter doesn't he? Certainly be better than standing outside Ewood on the coldest night of the year thats for sure!

Perhaps you have a point Gordon and we should all write him letters. That photo that's kicking bout somewhere of him counting his fingers clearly shows that he would struggle to open emails and therefore letters might be the way to reach him.

10 men is often down to the adrenaline on the pitch, pulling together for each other. Looked that way to me yesterday. Together with a rather poor Fulham who had been all over us until the red card.

However, Kean has crafted together a team in his own image who are eternally grateful for their big (or past-their-sell-by-date) chance. Just coincidental that those players under those tactics have taken us to where we are in the league and cups.

It's the same after each of our pitifully few wins. "We've turned a corner ", "Let's push on", "He's learning".

Well, we'll see.

We need a serious run of form (wins) right up til the end of the season to stay up. That will be the test of any corners turned, not the odd win here and there which by the law-of-averages a trained monkey could achieve (without making the usual stupid substitutions Kean makes).

Hang on, I forgot his blinding tactical brilliance in swapping (the apparently "best player on the pitch") Petrovic for the lethargic , which was the obvious cause of our win today. And all without an assistant, just shows the real genius is down to The Thinker. Yet even Dunnys goal came from a lucky knock down after Goodwillie's poor exhausted shot, following his marathon sprint (not).

After Kean's mardy interview in The Mail, any benefit of the doubt, appreciation or even sympathy is out of the question. Add in an apology to all of the fans he and his agent have insulted and some actual humility towards the supporters from here-on-in and there might be some change.

Other than that he can still go to hell as far as I'm concerned. I'm still undecided about renewing if he is still in charge next season.

I've come to the point where I just completely ignore him now.

He used to ruin my Saturdays because I was one of a number of fans who thought, lets sacrifice one or two games to get this clown out. However now that it is completely apparent that he is safer in his job that SAF or Guardiola, I have decided that he means absolutely nothing to me anymore. Yesterday was the first time I thoroughly enjoyed a game at Ewood in months, and the first time I have celebrated with complete delerium since Wolves away last season.

There has always been a nagging frustration whenever we score, thankfully that evaporated yesterday.

For us to stay in the PL would be a major major acheivment and would frustrate a hell of a lot of people in my opinion. All I was thinking yesterday was, lets stay up. Lets stay up for Jack Walker, for the fans, to wind up the dingles who have taken such joy in these last 14 months!!

Steve Kean is an insignificance to me now! He won't be sacked, and our abuse of him has allowed the media and JA to paint a very bad image of our club. So lets just ignore him. Our anger is now being targeted towards Venkys and it should remain that way :brfc:

Agreed Jimmy, as soon as our game finished on MOTD, I turned the channel over so to avoid Kean's nonsense and the ignorant statements from Shearer et al.

He will be here as long as Venkys are, so it's fairly obvious where we shift our focus to.

0 points from Wolves, Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea, Stoke(x2), Sunderland, West Brom, and Bolton.

Totally agree but we were also Championship winners 1995...and to be fair the present is all that matters isn't it? We're suddenly far from the bottom in the form guide and the players are giving their all...we have more than closed the gulf between bottom of the table and safety - so what more can anyone do at this present time?

Topman, have a read through that letter that has been released and have a quick think back of how you jumped on the back of my "give him more time because if he wasn't here things could be strangely worse" post. Can you still honestly imagine someone with experience would put up with this set up?

Archived