BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Apple iMac

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with the Mac that I've just bought.

Basically I have two issues.

1 - I cant sign out of websites. I keep getting an error about cookies? No idea what this means?

2 - I was told that when I registered the Mac with Apple my apple id would be credited so that I could download the latest OS which I believe to be Lion. Im currently on Snow Leopard I think. Anyone know how I get this?

Thanks for any help

EDIT. Point 1. It's actually only hotmail that i cant sign out of. Will this be because its assigned to be my default email on the desktop?. I.E if I click mail on the mac desktop my hotmail account automatically loads up.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with the Mac that I've just bought.

Basically I have two issues.

1 - I cant sign out of websites. I keep getting an error about cookies? No idea what this means?

2 - I was told that when I registered the Mac with Apple my apple id would be credited so that I could download the latest OS which I believe to be Lion. Im currently on Snow Leopard I think. Anyone know how I get this?

Thanks for any help

EDIT. Point 1. It's actually only hotmail that i cant sign out of. Will this be because its assigned to be my default email on the desktop?. I.E if I click mail on the mac desktop my hotmail account automatically loads up.

1 correct the mac knows your username and password so logs you in to hotmail.

2 Lion is a paid upgrade. I would return to where you bought the IMac and ask them what is going on. If you can't get Lion it's honestly no big deal.

Cheers

BKR

Does anybody know of any 'must have' applications for the iMAC?

Also I have been looking at the photoshop software that is available on the Apple Store, but at only £55 it seems too good to be true. Would anyone happen to know if it utilises the main features of the full product?

PS Sorry for all the questions

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 -- The complete solution for extraordinary photos 55 quid

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 software delivers powerful yet easy-to-use editing options that help you tell your life stories in amazing ways. Make every photo look its best and quickly share your memories on Facebook*, in Online Albums and in printed photo books, cards, calendars, and more. With Adobe Photoshop Elements 9, you can enjoy a complete solution for photos whether you're using Microsoft Windows or Mac OS.

Take advantage of amazing Photomerge technology to easily match the style of one photo to another

Click here for a larger image.

Make every photo look the way you want with easy-to-use editing options.

Make photo books, cards, calendars and other creations that look just the way you want.

Quickly share photos in fun, interactive Online Albums and on mobile devices.

Automatically organise all your photos and video clips from one convenient place.

Do it all with one powerful yet easy-to-use product Use Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 software for all your photo needs. Manage, edit and enhance photos and make photo creations that look just the way you want. Then you can share them in print, on the web and on popular devices.

Experience the ultimate media-management hub Quickly organise all your media in one convenient place. Find your best photos and clips-or photos that feature specific people-thanks to automated options, then dive into a full range of creative activities and start enjoying your memories.

Go from flawed to phenomenal in seconds Get just the photo fixes you’re looking for with one-step shortcuts that whiten teeth and make skies a vibrant blue. When you perform one-step photo adjustments—including color, contrast, and lighting—you can quickly choose the best result from a group of adjustment previews. Instantly unclutter a photo and beautifully blend in the background.

Dramatically transform your photos with easy-to-use options Convert your colour originals to elegant, nuanced black-and-whites or use colour curves adjustments to get the perfect exposure. Count on step-by-step assistance. Want to easily fix a scratch, create a reflection effect or design a scrapbook page? Get help with key steps to get the results you want fast.

Easily create the perfect photo Take advantage of amazing Photomerge technology to easily match the style of one photo to another, create fuller panoramas, perfectly lit shots and great group shots and combine elements of different faces for entertaining results.

Show off your creativity with flexible layouts Make amazing printed photo creations like scrapbook pages, photo books, calendars, and cards. Create them in minutes using professionally designed templates or let your creativity run wild and access every photo-editing option from directly within your layout. Get fun, fresh looks with new artwork and templates.

Share experiences in fresh, exciting ways on the web Show off your photos in one-of-a-kind Online Albums with your choice of animated templates, including all-new options for sharing photos and videos together with music. Adobe Flash technology lets viewers interact with your photos for an entertaining experience.

Quickly and easily share your photos and videos with friends on Facebook, directly from the Organiser

Click here for a larger image.

Top new benefits

Instantly unclutter or repair photos Is your photo cluttered with telephone wires, tourists or passing cars? Make unwanted elements vanish with one stroke of the enhanced Spot Healing Brush, which beautifully blends even the most complex background. Also instantly fix old or torn photos so you can make new prints.

Easily match a favorite photo style Want to imitate a favorite photography style, like a dramatic high contrast image or a beautiful, rich colour tone? Photomerge Style Match analyses the stylistic qualities of any photo you choose and then automatically applies those qualities to another photo.

Create fuller panoramas Easily create your best-looking panoramas yet. With its enhanced blending capabilities, Photomerge Panorama fills in jagged edges as it automatically stitches together multiple horizontal or vertical photos.

Create stunning photo effects Easily create stunning effects that enhance your photos with professional style. New Guided Edits help you create pop art masterpieces, reflection effects, perfect portraits and more.

Create richly layered photos Bring new sophistication to your photos. Reveal one portion of a photo through another photo by using layer masks to control the transparency of specific areas.

Create the way you want Make photo creations the way that works best for you thanks to Basic and Advanced design modes that let you choose your level of control.

Conveniently print photo creations at home Admire and share your photos in custom wall calendars, greeting cards and photo books that you can print with your home printer.

Quickly share photos and videos on Facebook Conveniently share photos and videos on Facebook* directly from the Organiser, which automatically optimises your media so it looks its best.

Enjoy support for Mac multitouch Take advantage of the hands-on capabilities of Mac multitouch technology.

Get a complete photo solution for Macs Use a Mac for your photos? You can now experience the ultimate media-management hub for organising your photos, and quickly find your best photos and video clips—or photos that feature specific people—thanks to automated options.

*This product may allow you to extend its functionality by accessing certain features that are hosted online either by Adobe or third parties, provided you have a high-speed Internet connection. Adobe online services are only available for users age 13 and older. Such Adobe and third party online services and some features thereof, may not be available in all countries, languages, and/or currencies and may be discontinued in whole or in part without notice. Use of such online services may be governed by separate terms of use and privacy policies, and access to some services may require user registration. Some online services, including services that are initially offered at no charge, may be subject to additional fees and require a separate subscription.

Adobe Photoshop CS5 £667.67

Product Features

Remove noise with state-of-the-art photography tools.

Create images with instant impact with Adobe Photoshop CS5--the industry standard in digital imaging software. Adobe Photoshop CS5 redefines digital imaging with powerful new photography tools and breakthrough capabilities for complex image selections, realistic painting and intelligent retouching. Easily select and mask intricate image content such as hair. Remove any image element and watch the space fill in almost magically. Create stunning high dynamic range (HDR) images. Paint with realistic strokes and colour blends. Remove noise, add grain and create vignettes with state-of-the-art photography tools. Benefit from more memory and experience massive speed gains with native cross-platform 64-bit support, and full optimisation for Windows 7.

Easy access to core editing power

Extraordinary creative tools for photographers and designers

Industry-leading raw image processing

Efficient media management with Adobe Bridge CS5 software

Broad file format support

Tight Adobe Photoshop Lightroom integration

Manufacturer's Description

Top reasons to buy Adobe Photoshop CS5

Easy access to core editing power-- Make the most of the tools you need exactly when you need them as you perform common editing activities. Adjustments and Masks panels guide you in making precise adjustments and masks.

Extraordinary creative tools--Achieve realistic painting effects with the ability to mix colours on canvas and create natural brushstrokes. Merge multiple exposures into stunning high dynamic range (HDR) images. Move, remove, warp or stretch any image element.

State-of-the-art photography-- Easily merge multiple exposures to extend the dynamic range with more power, precision and fidelity than ever before. Convert to black and white in new ways. Use Dodge, Burn and Sponge tools to intelligently preserve colour and tone details.

Industry-leading RAW image processing-- Enjoy superior results when you convert RAW images with the Camera RAW 6 plug-in, which offers support for over 275 camera models, plus non-destructive editing--experiment without harming your original photo.

Automated compositing tools-- Easily create a single image from a series of shots with different focal points, smoothly blending colour and shading and extending your depth of field. Take advantage of accurate, automatic layer alignment.

Create photorealistic or surreal HDR images with unprecedented speed, control and accuracy.

Save time with automatic correction of lens distortions, chromatic aberration and vignetting.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom integration-- Easily move files from Lightroom to Photoshop CS5 to create HDR images, panoramas and multi-layered Photoshop documents. Roundtrip your files back to Lightroom.

Efficient media management--Manage your media visually with Adobe Bridge CS5 software. Enjoy more flexible batch renaming, plus the ability to access files in the context of your work using the customisable Adobe Mini Bridge panel.

Powerful printing options-- Get outstanding prints in less time with automation, scripting and an easy-to-navigate print dialogue box.

Broad file format support-- Import and export hundreds of image file formats, including PSD, AI, PDF, NEF, CRW, TIFF, BMP, Cineon, JPEG, JPEG2000, FXG, OpenEXR, PNG and Targa, and video formats including 3G, FLC, MOV, AVI, DV Stream, Image Sequence, MPEG-4 and FLV.

New or enhanced for Adobe Photoshop CS5

Complex selections made easy--Get precise results in fewer clicks when selecting intricate image elements such as hair, and eliminate background colour around selection edges. Automatically vary selection edges and perfect masks using new refinement tools.

Content-Aware Fill--Remove any unwanted image detail or object and watch as Content-Aware Fill magically fills in the space left behind. This breakthrough technology matches lighting, tone and noise as if the removed content never existed.

Superior HDR imaging--Create photorealistic or surreal HDR images with unprecedented speed, control and accuracy. Get better-than-ever results thanks to automatic ghost removal and greater control with tone mapping and adjustments, and even give single-exposure photos the HDR look.

State-of-the-art raw image processing--Use the Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 6 plug-in to non-destructively remove image noise while preserving colour and detail; add grain to make digital photos look more organic; enjoy more control as you perform post-crop vignetting and more.

Extraordinary painting effects--Achieve natural and realistic painting effects with the Mixer Brush, which offers on-canvas colour blending and Bristle Tips, letting you create lifelike, textured brushstrokes.

Puppet Warp--Precisely reposition or warp any image element. Swing a raised arm to a person’s side in a photo, stretch text to create new effects and more.

Automatic lens correction--Save time with automatic correction of lens distortions, chromatic aberration and vignetting. Photoshop CS5 uses an image file’s EXIF data to make precise adjustments based on the type of camera and lens used.

Looking for "photoshop" Products?

Archived