BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

As I've mentioned this at least 3 times in this thread. Yes, the current FF rules don't allow for on the fields discussions and I see the logic in this, the club can influence things like ticket prices, but if we'd done several seasons of "d'ya know Keef's a bit rubbish" it would have been a waste of time as ultimately the club would always have to leave the on the field stuff to the manager (and in my eyes, they certainly should, if he's getting it wrong, replace him). It's been frustrating at times, but it means we actually talk about causes we can influence (such as unreserved seating the the DE) rather than things we can't (why MGP can't take corners). I honestly don't remember what if anything got mentioned last time there was manager unrest (over Ince I assume) but I don't know if that counts as on the field or not (there were certainly comments made to club officials about Kean and the fans reaction to him at the last meeting, whether these were minuted or treated as an aside I don't know).

.... but all that said. We don't know the format of what's happening in India. It's been strongly hinted at the any meeting would likely to be much more informal and therefore not necessarily following the normal FF rules, so who knows what we'll end up discussing.It could be Kean's future, it could be turning Manxman hill into a chicken themed water park, it could be how the Rao's are perceived by than fans, it could be how nice the lamb madras is ... we simply don't know. But don't for one moment think that just because the FF's remit doesn't include on the field stuff that we're incapable of discussing it, oddly enough we all care about Rovers outside of the bi-monthly meetings too, we all have opinions (and are aware of others opinions of other too) and aren't afraid to share them.

Plus, if there WAS a group of fans that HAD been regularly talking to the club about on the field issues as well as off and had already tried to secure an audience with the owners, then they may be a better choice than both the FF and a random sample of fans. But there isn't (as far as I'm aware).

I've followed this thread as best I can but I'm still unsure whether you're going to be able to raise any Rovers-related issues you like or if you're shackled by the normal procedures of the Fans Forum. If its the latter you're part of a PR exercise.

If its the former,then good---don't hold back.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've followed this thread as best I can but I'm still unsure whether you're going to be able to raise any Rovers-related issues you like or if you're shackled by the normal procedures of the Fans Forum. If its the latter you're part of a PR exercise.

If its the former,then good---don't hold back.

That's because we're unsure too. We do have a briefing meeting coming up though.

I'm slightly more concerned with the possibility of a number of key players picking up the inevitable illness over in India which will result in them being not 100% fit to play on their return to the UK.

Most clubs complain about the injuries to players whilst on International duty. We, on the other hand, send the remaining fit players who have managed to avoid any injury playing for their country to India of all bloody places!! Mid season!!! FFS.

Surely any sensibly run club would only consider a trip to the sub continent after the season had finished?

Maybe that could be a suitable question?

Then the trip is potentially less productive, but ultimately not unproductive.

3 points:

Is it possible Venkys chose to meet with members of the Forum precisely because they don't discuss on-field matters?

If you all disagree with them they will write you off as merely 0.045% of the fans and claim that the other 99.55% support them!

Don't forget to pass the port to your right!

• Moderation Lead

If you don't get the opportunity to discuss the major concerns of the fans with the owners, then surely for the most part it's a wasted journey?

I'm not having a go at anybody in the pune 9, or the selection process, it's just if you're face to face with Venky's and you can't express the concerns of the fans in regard to the most important thing (performance of the team) then....

• Moderation Lead

But the FF9 won't know until they've been... so they have to go to find out.

Glenn mentioned above that they have a briefing before they go, which will determine whether or not they are able to talk about footballing matters or not.

All will be revealed then ultimately it seems!

We may find out what form any 'meeting' may be at the briefing but not everything it will be more to do with things we need to know about travelling to India

The Pune 9 will not be stopping with the Rao's so may not get an opportunity to talk openly about their feelings, I don't think you need to have a meeting to put your views across, if you get any contact or conversation opportunties you may get a chance? If not just enjoy the experience of visiting India and seeing Rovers in action.

The other 2 who are going Roversmum and Roversdad are over on personal invite, so I guess those two will be stopping with the Rao's? Can you confirm this? As if thats the case you will have a better opportunity than anyone to talk to the Rao's and as you are not representing the Fans Forum whilst there you will have no set agenda in place,

We may find out what form any 'meeting' may be at the briefing but not everything it will be more to do with things we need to know about travelling to India

Tom M are you saying then that the potential exists for you all to go and not be allowed to discuss footballing matters?

Sorry to ask but I was under the impression that was the whole point of this visit, to discuss fans concerns over what is happening at the football club. If footballing matters cannot be discussed then the whole thing is a waste of time as it's clear they don't think anything is wrong or that they have done wrong. If that truly is the case then I hope you all ignore it and do it anyway.

That's not what Glenn's saying. Won't it be clarified at the briefing?

Sorry, bad choice of words on my part (which is possibly why others are choosing not to join in). We don't know the format now. We may know it on Friday, we might not, we have a briefing, we have no idea what it'll contain. It may be we won't know until it happens, it may be don't meet anyone from Venky's at all. The overriding theme is ......

WE DON'T KNOW .... but there is only one way to find out !

Just go and enjoy the experience you lucky sods!

Oh and if you get 5 minutes with the venerable Rao family how about this as for a message from the fans:

1 We don't care that the new owners know nowt about football - in fact we like our owners behaving as fans

2 We do care that no one is at the helm who does know anything about football - the de-stablising effects of losing JW, TF, etc, etc has been huge and has not been rectified

3 We do care about having a manager who has let himself get carried away by fantasy football, thinking flicks and tricks is all you need - you couldn't win a local 5-a-side comp without an "enforcer"

So:

4 Welcome aboard the good ship Ewood Park

5 Set up a structure that is populated with experienced football and business administrators

6 Sack Steve Kean and appoint someone whom knows the job - e.g. Carlo Ancellotti, Mark Hughes

7 Sack Paul Agnew - the PR is absolutely appalling

Sorry, bad choice of words on my part (which is possibly why others are choosing not to join in). We don't know the format now. We may know it on Friday, we might not, we have a briefing, we have no idea what it'll contain. It may be we won't know until it happens, it may be don't meet anyone from Venky's at all. The overriding theme is ......

WE DON'T KNOW .... but there is only one way to find out

As no date has been set for the actual match yet it's hardly surprising the FF guys don't know what is happening.

Is there a brewery nearby?

• Backroom

As no date has been set for the actual match yet it's hardly surprising the FF guys don't know what is happening.

Is there a brewery nearby?

The match is on the Friday

The people going might even see a bit of cricket as i've noticed Venky's are one of the sponsors of the T20 Champions League currently taking place in India

Sadly only on the TV though. The finals are on next weekend but not in Pune. England's one day team will also be out there next week but only playing warm up matches in Hyderabad whilst we are there. The fact that the T20 finals are on Saturday and Sunday might be why the Rovers game is on Friday to avoid a clash for the media.

Archived