BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

If you were going. AB, what would YOU do?

Well I wouldn't go unless I knew what I was getting into. As yet there is no itinery and if you do get to meet our owners you have no idea what you will be able to ask or even discuss. At this stage it just seems pointless from the fans perspective but the owners are guaranteed to get some good press from it.

Frustrations are running high at the moment and unless there is some merit from your visit it is just adding to it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa PB. Thought you were a Union man. Is this a new form of negotiation?

Hi Mum, Yes I am and that is why I know (not always mind you <_< ) when I am being had; I would never participate in what is a PR set-up unless I have free reign as to what I can say.

therefore if you are going then you and the FF participants must set the rules of engagement.

all fairly basic stuff, unless you can ensure you are not being dangled by the goolies (not in you case Mum for obvious reasons) then you don't participate and you tell the masses why.

We're not guaranteed to meet the owners, but we're told it's likely (it's the format that we've got no clue of). We don't know the itenary, but I imagine it's rather unlikely they'd go to all the effort to get us over there and not interact with us in some way.

I don't think this is a good sign at all and very much points to a PR stunt.

If they wanted to invite you over to get feedback and discussions then a meeting with the owners would have been a centrepiece of the trip rather than just being "likely".

Instead it sounds you'll be shown round their ridiculous pie in the sky plans for a football academy in Pune etc. I think a meeting with the owners will happen but by the sounds of it, it will be pretty brief. Like a photo opportunity and maybe for a meal at best.

If this is the case, I suggest you inform Sky, the LET etc on your return and make your disstisfaction very, very clear.

No idea why that posted???

Spark you really are arrogant I'm better than you type!

Fair do your all getting a freebie but why couldn't a meting be arranged tonight at ewood ? The night before a home game! Oh let ms guess the all singing all rovers loving playboys won't be here! If they want to stop at my place I've a couple of spare bunks if my kids aren't there . At a push mrs abbey will shove up and mrs d can top n tail , hell she can even cuddle up if it's too cold for her! Blackburn rovers ,blackburn NOT Pune ! Venkys out Kean out!

And yet you still haven't given a good reason why us going would be to the detriment of other fans nor given good reason not to go.

Ok, I'll do it.

For me, this is in danger of becoming Venky's "1%" moment. Kean thinks the majority of fans are behind him, and the no shows at the protest allowed him to publicise that viewpoint with cold hard facts on his side.

After you have returned from Pune, Venky's will be able to defend themselves with statements along the lines of "we met a supporters group in Pune, who we believe represent the fan base as closely as anyone, and they seemed very happy with our plans for the club. They did not seem disgruntled or upset with our ownership". Lets face it, that's where this is going. You'll be out there as their guests, you wont be able to ask the right questions as you'll be completely at their mercy and wont want to bite the hand that feeds you.

You've put yourself in a position where you cannot be anything but submissive, and as a result the owners are very likely to get incorrect impression of the fans feelings. In my opinion it is going to be extremely detrimental to the fan/owner relationship, as the protest was for the relationship between the fans and the manager.

Ok, I'll do it.

For me, this is in danger of becoming Venky's "1%" moment. Kean thinks the majority of fans are behind him, and the no shows at the protest allowed him to publicise that viewpoint with cold hard facts on his side.

After you have returned from Pune, Venky's will be able to defend themselves with statements along the lines of "we met a supporters group in Pune, who we believe represent the fan base as closely as anyone, and they seemed very happy with our plans for the club. They did not seem disgruntled or upset with our ownership". Lets face it, that's where this is going. You'll be out there as their guests, you wont be able to ask the right questions as you'll be completely at their mercy and wont want to bit the hand the feeds you.

You've put yourself in a position where you cannot be anything but submissive, and as a result the owners are very likely to get incorrect impression of the fans feelings. In my opinion it is going to be extremely detrimental to the fan/owner relationship, as the protest was for the relationship between the fans and the manager.

You forget that those same fans, who are known by name. Will be able to refute any statement that is not true.

You forget that those same fans, who are known by name. Will be able to refute any statement that is not true.

We all know the organiser of the protest by name but it didn't stop the media running the "minority 1%" story did it? We all know Kamy didn't orangise the protest but it didnt stop Kean saying he did. We know how "confused" people at the club can get, this is just giving them more ammo.

I'm still waiting for anyone to come up with a single BENEFIT to the club (not ourselves, frankly facing the wrath of other fans is worth it if the club, and therefore ultimately the fans, benefit) for us NOT going other than "to give the owners a wake up call", which frankly, is comedic as it'll do no such thing, they're obviously aware the fans aren't happy and all turning them down would do is drive the further away and ultimately, wouldn't we all prefer owners that didn't just want to learn from the fans, but actually wanted to be considered fans too.

I think plenty of people have raised valid reasons for and against the trip Glenn, you may not agree with them, but opinion has been mixed thats for sure.

I think one of the main problems here is that fans are not aware of the role the fans forum plays. The members of the forum are not elected to positions, but are speaking for the fans in general? That in itself is odd to many, and if a small selection of fans on here raise concerns about the trip, the perception is the forum should listen to those fans youre perceived to be representing.

Im sounding like a broken record here, but I welcome the input from the fans forum, I know most that sit on the group and have full confidence youll carry on the good work. That said, being flown to Pune, with no guarantee youll meet the owners, to discuss matters not related to the playing side is just madness in my eyes. The Roas like to do business face to face, its in the culture, but theyve been over several times so far this season when this could have been arranged, the free trip seems like a sweetener here and that for me is worrying.

Can I also add that hurling insults and questioning peoples integrity is completely out of order. The members of the forum do a good job and dont deserve hammering just for the sake of it.

Spark you really are arrogant I'm better than you type!

To be fair to the guy, he may not have the best command of the English language, and it's not nice to accuse others of not being 'real fans' .... but I would never describe him as being arrogant.

To be fair to the guy, he may not have the best command of the English language, and it's not nice to accuse others of not being 'real fans' .... but I would never describe him as being arrogant.

What a tool. Freeloading busy body. You dont represent me or anyone i know. Venkys out & kean out and the FF is another waste of time arse licking the owners that have brought our club to the brink of doom.

• Backroom

Ok, I'll do it.

After you have returned from Pune, Venky's will be able to defend themselves with statements along the lines of "we met a supporters group in Pune, who we believe represent the fan base as closely as anyone, and they seemed very happy with our plans for the club. They did not seem disgruntled or upset with our ownership". Lets face it, that's where this is going. You'll be out there as their guests, you wont be able to ask the right questions as you'll be completely at their mercy and wont want to bite the hand that feeds you.

Thanks for offering a reasoned response instead of resorting to insults mate :)

I take your points on board but imagine had we tunred it down, Venkys had it easy then by saying 'we tried to arrange a meeting to talk to fans but they weren't interested'

I still think it can be beneficial to the fan / owners relationship but I can certainly see your point of view.

What a tool. Freeloading busy body. You dont represent me or anyone i know. Venkys out & kean out and the FF is another waste of time arse licking the owners that have brought our club to the brink of doom.

On second thoughts .... perhaps you were right Abbey.

• Backroom

You want to cut out the personal insults especially if you want anything you say to be seen as anything other than pathetic bitter ranting.

Edit - Abbey, we reached out to the owners for a meeting months ago, it just so happens they have invited us to India as the location and the chance to see their academy etc. I would have personally attended had it been Barbados, Ewood or Slough.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, best to say nothing I'd advise :tu:

Thanks for offering a reasoned response instead of resorting to insults mate :)

I take your points on board but imagine had we tunred it down, Venkys had it easy then by saying 'we tried to arrange a meeting to talk to fans but they weren't interested'

I still think it can be beneficial to the fan / owners relationship but I can certainly see your point of view.

I'm not sure the options were as black and white as that. By your own admission you have no idea of the itinerary or format of the trip, yet you accepted it before the relevant questions were asked. In my opinion the FF should have asked for more details before confirming acceptance of the invitation, thus knowing whether or not it is likely to be of benefit. That way, if it appeared as though it wasn't, you would have had justified grounds that could be explained to the owners as to why you'd said no.

The way it has happened means you have played right in to their hands and lost all power in the situation.

This trip is only vaguely worth it if the 9 agree to kick up a fuss if needed. The press are following this trip and there's plenty of chances to potentially embarass Venky's if the trip transpires to be nothing more than a PR exercise (something which should become apparent early on), but only if the 9 are willing to go that extra mile.

If Venky's sit down, listen to the fans at length and agree a plan of action (which is then conveyed to the rest of the fans), then that's the only acceptable outcome.

Edit - Abbey, we reached out to the owners for a meeting months ago, it just so happens they have invited us to India as the location and the chance to see their academy etc.

Who gives a flying TOSS about their rotten academy?

I know if you'd turned down the offer then that would've meant no dialogue, but I have this intuitive feeling that it will be a "Isn't Venky's great" ego brain-washing power-trip, win them over with style 'cos there's no substance, kind of thing.

It'll all be grand visions and "do you want a ride in my car, little boy?". What I think certainly won't happen is earnest dialogue about on-pitch problems. They probably don't even think there's a problem after our glorious victory over Arsenal.

I'm sorry, I can understand the desire to open dialogue with these clowns, but I suspect the fans' forum representatives will end up as no more than pawns in the Venky's PR game. "And here's some of the fans from Blackburn, meeting their wonderful owner Balaji" <forced smiles all round>.

Argh, it makes me want to vomit.

This trip is an obvious holiday/jolly, the attendees no matter what they say are compromised by accepting a free trip.

If they want to accept this invitation and somehow represent the fans! then pay your own way or insist an open meeting is arranged at EWOOD PARK.

To pretend their motives are anything other than mercenary is ridiculous and an insult to our intelligence.

The venkys need to focus on our predicament on the pitch at ewood and away in the premiere league not drag the team over to india at a crucial stage

of the season just to allow the venkys to display their new toy to anyone who is interested.

We badly need a change of manager and as many points as we can get as quickly as possible, forget this meaningless trip.

Just had a thought after posting on the fan on the board thread.. can any of those going to Pune please confirm an important aspect imo.. would you refuse to sign any form of none disclosure act (which would limit the information that your allowed to pass on to us fans)?

Just had a thought after posting on the fan on the board thread.. can any of those going to Pune please confirm an important aspect imo.. would you refuse to sign any form of none disclosure act (which would limit the information that your allowed to pass on to us fans)?

Very good point.

I'm in favor of the 9 going, but if they are going to be silenced then there is no point and their critics proved right.

Archived